View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

effects of smoking Ketamine

indy goth kid A

Bluelighter
Has anyone had much experience in smoking K?
A few good friends of mine had a 'session' this past weekend. Our typical group of 'partiers' split into two groups this past weekend. Four of us just crashed out here at home and ate AMTs, the other three were supposed to go to a house party, but ended up staying home instead.
Anyway, they were blowing alot of K and coke, and eventually started smoking some joints laced with one or the other or both. They said that smoking a few joints with Ketamine mixed in made them start seeing visuals. Has anyone heard of this? This is something I'm going to try, very possibly even this evening, I just wanted to see if any of you have had any good visuals or strange effects this way.
I've blown ALOT of K and have never had any of these effects, but I know how substances can act very differently when taken different ways... meth for example...

I've smoked both ketamine HCl and ketamine freebase. At first I thought i got a little somethin from it but after furthe experiments realized it was nothin more than placebo. And it taste like complete shit. Just IM it like your supposed to.
Btw, smoking cocaine HCl is a waste as the drug is destroyed when ignited.

^^^ you will get some minor effects from smoking cocaine HCL, but very VERY minor. Your best bet is to convert that coke to freebase with a little ammonia and smoke it that way.

ketamine melts at 262-263° - i'm not sure of the vaporization point, but it's probably quite high. it may decompose before evaporating. the MP of methamphetamine (which is relatively easy to smoke) is only 155°... so i think it may be quite difficult to smoke K. i've never tried... ok, one time. i put about a mL of liquid onto a cigarette and let it dry. it worked, but not as well as it should have.

Thanks all for the input. We smoked some K in a bowl with some weed night before last. I felt extremely fucked up, though of course it's difficult to tell exactly what's what in a 'cocktail' per se... I just felt extremely stoned honestly... thought I felt a little different than I would have normally on just mj, but I don't know... it could have been a mental thing also... I don't think we did enough to make a difference.

I love to do a bump or two of K every now and then and enjoy smoking it as well.
I roll up small blunts laced with a small amount dried ketamine powder. It smells like shit when its buring and keeps going out but the effects are pretty nice. I kinda feel like I am smoking angel dust (PCP).
Very nice high. Im sure its really bad for you though.

i wanna know if anyone else had tried this??
cause i might try it tonight if others say its good..

Did smokes some in a bong once just to see... Worked surprisingly well as I remember. Just like smoking most drugs really - hits quick but doesn't last long. Do rememember it being more visual than ket usually is - don't usually get much in the way of open-eye visuals with K. Short-lived and undoubtedly terrible for you though. Stick to snorting or IM, I'd say - smoking is a complete waste of good ket.

Smoking ketamine is pretty ineffecient IMO, as much is lost through pyrolysis. It is possible though.
Ketamine vapors are pretty nasty too btw.

Last edited:
yea i figured it would be a waste, didnt try it...dont intend to now based on these comments either

Considering that it has such a high melting point id say it is something you could smoke, however, It would probably be more efficient to turn it from an acid into a free base form so as to increase the amount vaporized.

It works but the high is short lived, buzzier, and inefficient high.

Also tastes like crap. Shame though, I'd love to puff Ketamine bowls all night and not be totally wasting the stuff :)

It works but the high is short lived, buzzier, and inefficient high.

Also tastes like crap. Shame though, I'd love to puff Ketamine bowls all night and not be totally wasting the stuff :)

like everyone else said, it sort of works, but is wasteful and tastes bad

Considering that it has such a high melting point id say it is something you could smoke, however, It would probably be more efficient to turn it from an acid into a free base form so as to increase the amount vaporized.

If I recall ketamine freebase is an oil at room temperature.

Smoking Ket tastes disgusting and has no effect... stick to snorting.... i was doing 1 or 2 grams a day for over a year, and you learn to get visuals, by "working" the ketamine.... and i mean real hallucinations, not like acid, actual objects floating in thin air from nothing... and i can make them apear and dissapear....

^I've learned to have quite a bit of control over my ketamine experiences as well. I can control how and when I enter k-holes to a certain extent. I can also abort them if necessary with just the power of my mind. I do this very rarely however, as the k hole experience is truly wonderful.

Complete waste of time and money and as stated tastes like shit. Sniff or inject K!!!!

Ditto, Delta_9 ... not that I claim complete control over each Ketamine experience by any means. But certainly I've found deep Ketamine space to be something I can steer and direct my way through.

Then again I usually don't forget I've just done Ketamine. In which case hold on to your seat :D