• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

That immensely euphoric state prior to a bowel movement, what causes it?

Haha, I too registered to post on this one, I also love to withhold a crap. Been doing it for years, and it not only gives me an intensely euphoric state - but it helps make me think clearly and not rush things. It also can give me a massive boner, so I assume that it stimulates my prostate a lot. If I've got a free moment and I'm holding back a missile, having a tug is awesome, great load blowing experience, and I think this is due to the prostate pressure. If I'm going out to do maintenance on my motorcycle I'll wait till I'm baking one up because I always do my best work while holding one back, it calms you as you work. I don't smoke by the way, I know smokers are usually calm and safe while working. I have in the past gone too far and pretty much slipped some out, but only on the odd occasion, I have had some rather uncomfortable rides home on my pushbike due to sporting a majorly packed in log, makes wedging a pushbike seat up there a painfull experience. I read with interest posts that say if you like the feeling you could be gay etc,etc, and would like taking one in the tube, but honestly I'm not attracted to males, I'm married and adore the feminine form, I do like a good dildo up the arse as the orgasm is amazing, its a shame my wife won't give it a crack, it might be a good experience, I'd love to try having my prostate milked, I recon that'd be awesome!!.

I get the pre-poop euphoria feeling too! (I am female, I should add. So unrelated to prostate for me!) I get it EVERY time I have a significant bowel movement coming...usually every other day or so...coffee helps induce it ! I have gotten this feeling before pooping since I was a little kid...I have distinct memories of it from around age 7 or 8. I get this feeling of productivity--like I could take on any project and enjoy doing it no matter how difficult it is. I focus better when I have to poop than any other time. I always assumed that everyone got it, but after reading through this thread--I'm shocked to discover that it's not common.

I was interested to read that people draw parallels between the feeling of being on ecstasy and the pre-poop feeling. Because I have noticed that aderall gives me the same feeling too. Exact same sensations. It's not just that they both make me feel productive....they both give me the exact same body sensations. I did a search because I was curious what the biological reasoning could be for that....how does the chemistry of aderall impact me similarly to an incoming poop??

Also super interesting that when the original poster was depressed, he stopped having the poop feeling. Makes me think it's related to serotonin.

I also have the ASMR response, and completely related to the posters anecdote about feeling sleepy/tingly when his boss showed him something at his computer. It's only certain people that give me the ASMR feeling. Most recently, I was at the DMV and the employee at the counter almost put me to sleep. I often ask my husband to lightly stroke my forearms (that sounds so weird!), but it's such an amazing sensation for me. He does NOT relate....he doesn't like the light touching...it's too ticklish for him. Weird how it's so different for each of us.

The last thing I wanted to add, is that these sensations are not even remotely sexual for me. They don't feel linked to arousal at all. More like a feeling of well-being. If I'm feeling super anxious about life, 20 minutes of light-forearm-stroking can make me feel a lot calmer and more positive about life stressors.

Welcome to BL crispo! Very interesting stuff you posted. First thought into my head: healing touch is amazing :)

Have you ever explored healing touch stuff? With the way you experience touch, you might really enjoy/benefit from it.

If I ever marry again, I will let my wife know that it's healthy and encourage her to have orgasms, for the sake of the child.

Serious wisdom in this post :)

Welcome to BL crispo! Very interesting stuff you posted. First thought into my head: healing touch is amazing :)

Have you ever explored healing touch stuff? With the way you experience touch, you might really enjoy/benefit from it.

Serious wisdom in this post :)

Thank you. I try. I am also trying to figure out (besides what I said) where exactly the life advice is and now hope you all will see that this is a VISUAL ART.

Do you all see the big Picture. Close your eyes and (hopefully from now on) see this with your third eye (third not brown)

Carry on ;)

Wow !!!!! Long time reader 1st time replyer(joined up especially to post on this thread ) !!! Seriously !! Wow this resonates completely 100% with me .. I thought I was on my ones with this.. I have asked a few friends in the past if they get this or not but all of them just looked at me with blank faces not having a clue what I was on about. . And now I've found all you guys !!! This isn't a very common thing. . We have all only come here and read this because we were searching it out.. and it sounds like most of us had the majistical poo-phoria there and then and as a result ended up searching for it in the moment. . We are a very special few.. I get the LUSH all over body tingle-euphoric slightly orgasmic about to need a poo feeling and in that moment I feel my mind has a sense if clarity. . I see the world brighter. . I'm full of enthusiasm and have a million of the greatest ideas. I also love the attention someone else gives while doing someone to me like has also been mentioned. ..like when my ex used to pluck my eyebrows or when I was much younger and in school and hadn't worked out I was fully hero my mate used to spend most of the class gently stroking my ear lobes... (i know I know. . But it felt nice !) .. this is a very strange phenomenon... i have a feeling it must/should mean something. . Kinda almost like the feeling one gets when doing nitrous oxide. . The feeling that your on the brink of working out what its all about, like your going to break through to the next level. .. like there's something extra going on that you are just about to work out.. I've spoken to a few friends about that NOS feeling and we kinda come up with the same description /idea/ notion as I've just described. .
I'm gutted this thread is soo old and that I've only just found it as ide love for the original posters to still be here involved..
This makes us very unique, it's very weird and I think that it would be really interesting to try and take this a little further. . Try and divulge into this a little deeper. . I bet if we all got together in the same room some serious magic shizzle would go down. !!Il I reckon we would have very similar thought patterns.. and come to the same decisions in the same way.. like if your walking down the street and someone is walking towards you in your path we would be the kind of people that take the exact same steps in the same directions to move out of the others way..and ultimately end up walking right into each other! Lol.
Anyway there's my 2 cents .. am gonna keep an eye on this page . If anyone would like to have a chat to me around this subject or the likes I'm keen. :) ?

Registered just so I can jump onto the bandwagon here.

I also experience euphoria prior to my BM. The way I'd describe it is similar to having that first cup of coffee, or that first drag of a cigarette (I don't do tobacco anymore), or from amphetamines. It's this incredible sense of well being, inspiration, motivation, happiness, confidence, I-can-do-anything soaring type of feeling. I also get giddy and excited, as if I'm about to see my crush. Actually it feels similar (but not exactly) to butterflies in the stomach - the feeling seems very localized, starts in my gut then radiates out, whereas butterflies are located just in my stomach/solar plexus area.

I am female so I'm not sure if it's a prostrate thing? I have it every day (I'm very regular) and I incorporate a lot of vegetables in my diet so .. it's not just a pebble in a pond if you know what I mean. It always happens in the morning, I drink a bunch of water and take my daily supplements. I also want to note I don't drink coffee, and I get this feeling even before taking any amphetamines. Basically on an empty stomach, I put something in it, and then my bowels get stimulated and I get euphoric. I have experienced this all my life, and it's not always with an empty stomach. It's usually when I'm eating plenty of fiber, but have felt it when constipated too.

I also watch ASMR videos but rarely get the tingles, I just enjoy them for the sound stimulation and it relaxes me. Every once in a while I get head tingles which then travels down my back, but it's not the same feeling I get prior to my BM.

I wish we could find out more about this amazing phenomenon! Thanks for starting this thread OP!

chunksbruv said:
I also love to withhold a crap.

When I was a small kid, I was terrified of taking a shit. I thought it would be painful, which of course becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy when you don't take regular shits. Can't say I find the sensation pleasant, because it often hits at a horribly inopportune time and it's all I can do not to shit myself.

crispo said:
I also have the ASMR response, and completely related to the posters anecdote about feeling sleepy/tingly when his boss showed him something at his computer. It's only certain people that give me the ASMR feeling. Most recently, I was at the DMV and the employee at the counter almost put me to sleep. I often ask my husband to lightly stroke my forearms (that sounds so weird!), but it's such an amazing sensation for me. He does NOT relate....he doesn't like the light touching...it's too ticklish for him. Weird how it's so different for each of us.

My massage therapist does effleurage down my arms. I love that sensation, although I know a lot of people dislike light touches, and told her to do it for longer next massage. I also love to have my feet gently tickled. I don't have a significant other at the moment so I have to settle for Chinese reflexology massages, but they're just not the same. I also find someone drumming their fingernails strangely relaxing. I used to have a female student that would come into my office and tap her nails on my desk and it would cause me to momentarily zone out.

Registered just so I can jump onto the bandwagon here.

I wish we could find out more about this amazing phenomenon! Thanks for starting this thread OP!

You and many others throughout the years. The secret to Bluelight's longevity in a world of dwindling forum participation just may be the intersection of pooping and euphoria!=D

Poop shop

You and many others throughout the years. The secret to Bluelight's longevity in a world of dwindling forum participation just may be the intersection of pooping and euphoria!=D

Had to laugh...experience the same pooping thing!!! Many people I talk to do too...so as we can see by the number of responses, the original writer is not alone!!!

I suggest, because taking a good poop is HIGHLY underestimated in our society, that someone opens up a "Poop Shop" where there are very elaborate sensory illiciting bathrooms (private) where you do your duty. Everything would be very clean and sanitized so no worry about spreading bacteria. It would be extremely well ventilated. Like a luxury spa. For pooping!

THEN...afterwards (or BEFORE if you wish) there would be a lovely place-I supposed like a restur. or coffee shop with coffee, a beer, and maybe some food as well, available where people can meet and talk about anything including enjoying the effects of pooping!

It can bring people together and make it not such a taboo...because anyone who knows ANYTHING about the gut, knows there are neurotransmitters there that work the same as some in your brain (I was told serotonin.) And this is a REAL thing, with individual differences of course.

So after you've had your fill of BS.'ing with other customers, and some eats and/or drinks, you can go on your way! What an awesome way to stretch out the experience. To sort of "celebrate" an underrated simple and human pleasurable experience.

I have a friend who often TMI text's me with "Just unloaded and enjoying the void..." lol. I told him we MUST open up such a place!

Maybe we will. See you there!:)

You know, when this thread first started I was like, uh, lolwut? But since then I can see what people mean. I mean it's VERY far from "immensely" euphoric for me, in fact emotionally/mentally it's not at all euphoric for me, but there is definitely a tingling in the root area and even sometimes through my arms out my fingers that does feel really nice. I'm feeling it now actually... gonna ride this out to see where it takes me. ;)