• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

That immensely euphoric state prior to a bowel movement, what causes it?

One more thing, after reading a few other posts; I'm not into that ASMR or whatever it is, sounds don't do anything for me. However, I DO have very sensitive skin, and one my greatest pleasures (and my gf's jobs) is to have her run her fingernails up and down my back, not a hard scratch. I could lay like that for hours feeling her scratch me all over. I have certain areas that are more sensitive, but it's all non-sexual, just relaxing and pleasing. My back, back of the neck, upper-thighs just below the John Henry, lol. And sometimes when sitting and studying, I like to slowly and softly trace a pen or pencil over the back of my hands and knuckles, or my forehead, from the eyebrows up. Those areas give me that same tingly orgasmic feeling, but better. An orgasm is nice, the pre and after, but it's all over so soon, and I'm usually exhausted.

One more for the forum. Today I was out walking around, it's hot here, about 82 degrees. I was walking out in the sun and felt the urge to take a dump. However, even though I was in the direct sunlight and was hot, I suddenly got the tingly feeling, and I felt very cold, as if it was cold out and snowing. It is different from the chills, like when you are sick. Suddenly, all the heat and sweat was gone, and now I'm standing in the sun freezing. Very weird.

This is absolutely a real phenomenon that can happen to anyone at any given time, though most people never experience it. The euphoria you speak of goes beyond that feeling into a full-on orgasm in both sexes. The reason this happens is because some of the nerves in the anus are shared with the vagina in women and the prostate in men. They are so closely linked that stimulating one can cause a reaction in the other. It's a fascinating thing to feel, besides a pleasurable one, and right now I'm thanking the stars that someone else brought it up because there was nothing about it that I could pick up on search engines for the longest time. This has been happening to me for years.

Last edited:
I was leaving from a friends house and I was contemplating whether or not to defecate in their toilet but I didn't want to create a huge stench, so I walked home, it took about 15 mins. But it was an extremely hard 15 mins, I needed a shit so bad I was imagining doing one. I could feel it creeping out and I had to suck it back in. I burst through my door and ran to the toilet. The faeces plopped out. At this moment... I was struck by immense euphoria and was mesmerised into a euphoriotic state.

I was leaving from a friends house and I was contemplating whether or not to defecate in their toilet but I didn't want to create a huge stench, so I walked home, it took about 15 mins. But it was an extremely hard 15 mins, I needed a shit so bad I was imagining doing one. I could feel it creeping out and I had to suck it back in. I burst through my door and ran to the toilet. The faeces plopped out. At this moment... I was struck by immense euphoria and was mesmerised into a euphoriotic state.

Welcome to bluelight, thank you for your enthusiasm and the well-written insightful post!! i noticed the few people who joined to post in this thread delivered some of the the best responses.

Breath of fresh air!!

I googled poop chills and was led here. I'm a female ( not sure if prostate stimulation would be relevant to me) but I've gotten the pre-poop chills since I was a child. I don't get them everytime but I know exactly what you are talking about. I get tingly all over and sometimes delay the poop just a bit. I'm very sensory oriented, though. My ASMR triggers are many things ( and I get a more intense body tingle and feeling of euphoria).. Somebody tracing on my skin with a finger, the sound of fans or anything monotonously rhythmic, certain soothing whispering voices, having my hair brushed or cut, getting a massage/pedicure/manicure all give me more intense sensations. It's amazing.?

I agree, it must stimulate your prostate. It's logical because homosexual sex would result in the same area stimulation leading to orgasm.

Oh my goodness I literally made an account just to say that I also feel that good feeling before pooping. I searched it up on google and this was the thread that came up. Even the hair cutting thing and how the person has to be doing something with an objective (not sexual) is this idea ive always thought about... I guess humans arent that different afterall...

Ha ha welcome to bluelight inzucchini and happy pooping!

Does anyone have a secret bathroom? Like a special private poop stoop or something?

Ever mammal's got one ;)

I don't mean to be disrespectful but how does "a good feeling" equal euphoria? I've always thought of euphoria as like colors and sounds getting interesting and feeling at peace with the world and being able to be engrossed by things because of how interesting they become. I can easily get this feeling you speak of by abstaining from masturbation for a week and then going at it hard, it's not euphoric, just intensely pleasurable. Plus, to me, euphoria is where things that used to be hard to get myself to do become easy and even enjoyable. Heck, a "buzz" usually ruins a good time for me because it distracts from the real fun.

Euphoria for me is a state of mind, not a feeling. Idk, maybe the people I've encountered just don't explain it very well.

Last edited:
Idk, it could have to do with all the nerve endings around your asshole...lol. ASMR is very interesting though...there are some good ones on youtube...even people playing video games while whispering. The ones with crinkling objects and clinking things get me.

YES! I finally found someone and others who share this feeling.

I haven't read all the comments, but in my experience I do get euphoria when holding one back (like right now).
But I think more importantly, I additionally get an intense surge of motivation to get things done!

For example, my body started giving signals about 30 mins ago that i should take a crap soon. In this time the signal slowly grew stronger and so did the euphoric feeling in my mind related to the feeling of holding back the crap. Reaching the point where my body says "empty me right now!", I hold back and the signals die down, but continue like a child asking every few minutes "are we there yet?", until the child can't handle it anymore and starts crying, but I still say "no, we are not there yet", because i'm enjoying the feeling. Sometimes this cycle will continue over and over until I have to take a crap, or the poop may decide to have a rest, build up, and try again later. Currently I can tell I only have a small crap because the bigger it gets, the better the feeling and more motivation gained to achieve something in life... and then I release my stool and all euphoria/motivation vanishes.

Additionally, I find being in a comfortable environment allows me to proceed with the joyous event, whereas if I were to be interrupted by someone or in an unfamiliar place, well it won't work just like some men can't take a piss standing next to another at the urinals. They may try to but their body won't allow it.

ASMR does not affect me at all if that matters.

I don't get euphoria but I often sneeze immediately before I go, although I have no clue why!

I tried explaining ASMR to people for years before I knew there was an actual name for it. One day I went online to search "tingly feeling when watching people" and it filled in "perform small tasks", which is exactly what I was about to type!

Go figure 8(

I don't mean to be disrespectful but how does "a good feeling" equal euphoria? I've always thought of euphoria as like colors and sounds getting interesting and feeling at peace with the world and being able to be engrossed by things because of how interesting they become. I can easily get this feeling you speak of by abstaining from masturbation for a week and then going at it hard, it's not euphoric, just intensely pleasurable. Plus, to me, euphoria is where things that used to be hard to get myself to do become easy and even enjoyable. Heck, a "buzz" usually ruins a good time for me because it distracts from the real fun.

Euphoria for me is a state of mind, not a feeling. Idk, maybe the people I've encountered just don't explain it very well.

Euphoria definition:

eu·pho·ri·a
yo͞oˈfôrēə
noun
a feeling or state of intense excitement and happiness.
"the euphoria of success will fuel your desire to continue training"

Euphoria definition:

eu·pho·ri·a
yo͞oˈfôrēə
noun
a feeling or state of intense excitement and happiness.
"the euphoria of success will fuel your desire to continue training"

ipso facto ;)

We have opioid receptors in the gut . Matter in the bowel will stimulate those for some folks. As well as above mentioned factors : nerves in the rectal area/ prostate, all can trigger pleasure signals in the brain.
Some folks are super-sensitive to everyday phenomena : some women for example will experience orgasm while breastfeeding. Usually they feel guilty bout this n stop doing it. That's a shame : the baby really benefits from such feeding.
Well ya cant help how God made ya; enjoy!

^It works the other way, too, in terms of breastfeeding. When I was still breastfeeding every time I had an orgasm, my breasts filled up with milk which just felt weird. It can actually be a confusing time for many women, especially with the first baby.

If I ever marry again, I will let my wife know that it's healthy and encourage her to have orgasms, for the sake of the child.