• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How long to wait to take suboxone after Opana use?

Tenninethousand

Greenlighter
So, last night I used pretty heavily (two Opana 30s from 7:00pm - 4:00am. My last line was at around 4:00am. Now, it has been 16 1/2 hours since my last dose of Opana. I was wondering if I could now start taking suboxone? I'm starting to definitely go into withdrawl but I definitely do not want to precipitate withdraws like I have once before while taking suboxone way too soon. I've been doing Opanas for a couple of weeks straight now. Basically, I want to know how much longer I should wait (it has been 16 hours so far) until I start taking suboxone...I'd like to take it as soon as possible but don't want precipitated withdraw.

I've never taken subs after Opana, but I was once on subutex for a time, however am now and have been on Opana for some time. If it were me, I would wait 24 hours, no more, no less. Not that more would hurt, but u know what I mean.

Well, I keep thinking to wait till around 24 hours too but idk if I can wait that long. I'm definitely in pain.

Yeah I know. I'm just wondering if doing it now will make a different or not. It has been 17 hours now..

Definately wait at least 24hourw. I never had problems switching from heroin to suboxone, but with opana I experienced precipitated withdrawal. I had only waited twelve or thirteen hours since my last shot, and I took two mg of suboxone, what ensued was pure torment. IMO switching from opana is very difficult because of the potency of oxymorphone, and the limited agonist effects from suboxone (which are still really high). If I were to do it over again I would have tried to buy some methadone to taper down off the opana before going back to buprenorphine. It's definately possible, as I have done it, but the first three days back on suboxone were pretty shaky.

You sound like your mind is made up, sorry dude but why bother asking, lol? You keep trying to justify using the subs now, to us - convincing us won't change the fact of whether or not it sends you into pwds.

Well, the reason I keep asking is because I've seen different things online. Some say you only need to wait 12 hours. Some say 15-17. I'm just trying to get some more inputs from others on here first.

Listen to my post. Do NOT take it after 12 hours. I did that and it was truly terrible, and I was injecting the opana, so if you're insufflating you should really wait the full 24 hours. For me precipitated withdrawal did not last 30 minutes and go away, it lasted several hours and left me feeling like shit the whole next day.

Well, I ended up taking two tylenol PM's and an ativan until I finally passed out around 10:00. I woke up at 5:00am which left me to be past my 24 hour mark (thank god) and took a chunk out of my suboxone and went back to sleep. When I awoke I strangely felt fine (after days and days over waking up craving more opana). I talked to my roommate (he had no clue of my withdrawal) and he said that I was literally kicking and jumping so much in my sleep which I'm guessing were the RLS kicking in. He said he didn't know what was wrong with me but didn't want to wake me. Anyway, I feel fine now and even worked out today. We'll see how it goes sobering up!

ok so i have a question i am trying to quit using heroin and i have some orange methadone powder and an 8mg suboxne and i dont know how i should go about taking them i really need to quit and i have 3 children so being super sick cannot be an option i dunno what to do... and how long after i do my last line should i take these things

Ok I have used opana plenty of times...I was doing sometimes 2 forties a day (snorting) Ive taken a sub 6 hours after my last line, when I felt mild withdrawals (I dosed often) it helped me. As long as u are starting to feel the withdrawals, from my experience and others I know, it's fine..although I'm no doctor, 16 hours later, u woulda been straight IMO.

ok so i have a question i am trying to quit using heroin and i have some orange methadone powder and an 8mg suboxne and i dont know how i should go about taking them i really need to quit and i have 3 children so being super sick cannot be an option i dunno what to do... and how long after i do my last line should i take these things

Start your own threat! I mean, that's a start. Some questions for you:
  1. How much heroin do you use?
  2. How long have you been using it?
  3. What is your ROA (how do you use the heroin)?
  4. How much "orange methadone powder" do you have? (Where in god's name did you get such a thing?!)
Basically, depending on how much dope you've been using you can cut up the suboxone into half, take 4mg once you're starting to feel acute w/d symptoms from not taking any dope (sweating/shivers/headache/anxiety/depression/insomnia/GI issues/etc. etc.), approx. 24hrs (given how much sub you have to work with waiting a min of 24hrs since your last dose of dope is a good idea to help stretch it out) from your last dose of dope. Then, the next day, take 2mg. And the day after that take another 2mg.

If you want to use methadone because you have a killer habit or something, use the methadone before the suboxone. But you will need to wait more like 48hrs to let the methadone get out of your system before you take the sub. Honestly, I wouldn't even fuck with the methadone. But it depends on yours answers to said questions.