• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Is Xanax more euphoric than K-Pins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is pretty subjective. Both are primarily anxiolytic benzos. One is short acting, the other longer acting. Some prefer one, some the other. We could discuss this all day but I am sure it already has been several times before :D

Closed, pm me with any queries :)

People get this confused all the time.

First and foremost, euphoria is a very wide generalization of a word. Benzos are the perfect example of this.

Benzos manifest euphoria by sheer and powerful action. It is felt as a cascading anti-anxiety, sedative, then muscle relaxing effects (in that order). The rather complete opposite of dread and panic: heightened anxiety, heightened alertness, then muscle tension (in that order).

They do not eliminate emotions, they actually allow them to move more fluidly. Less apprehension of the psychological stress while displaying them.

SSRI's are actually the "definition" of emotion eliminators. They blunt the effect of emotion before it can even be conceived as emotion, thereby eliminating depression to certain degrees in different individuals. Some are blunted rather too much in a majority of the cases. Leading to a rather "apathic" lifestyle. (They are there, but not there emotionally.)

This is why it is not recommended that depressed people take benzos long term... It allows the impact of emotions to be blunted, not the actual emotion. So the sense of calling them a "cover up" is excactly on point in terms of using them for psychiatric ailments... They rid you of nothing. They allow you to ride through. A "Shield" of sorts...

This is why they are addictive in a sense. It's not how they make you feel, it's how they make you not feel...

To answer the O.P.: No, it isn't.

Haha I keep closing threads but.. not closing them.

CLOSED.

(but thanks for your response Jay..)

Status
Not open for further replies.