• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Do drug users go to heaven?

austins312

Greenlighter
Well first off lets start off by classifying a drug shall we. Anything that changes normal neural or bodily function. But wait, doesn't a drug just have to be "mind altering"? No steroids are a drug, if you believe that they go to heaven then so do other drug users. They are just trying to keep their body healthy like God wants. And isn't caffeine a drug? It is a stimulant, anyone can go to a star bucks and tweak out on coffee and overdose. No one has overdosed from marijuana but they have from energy drinks and coffee? They killed themselves didn't they? Suicidal overdose. Marijuana makes you look at things in a different way, makes people question the war in vietnam, race separation, ect. Many of the founding fathers of America grew, sold, and smoked marijuana, did they go to hell. And how addicting is marijuana "REALLY", have you ever sucked dick for marijuana, probably not, people have sucked dick for alcohol, just like the ones your parents buy at the grocery store. Alcohol makes people, violent, sexually assaulting, throw up, beat wives and kids, ect. And didn't Jesus drink wine? The blood of Christ he said. People have drunken gasoline and mouth wash to get the ethanol, that is addicting. Marijuana and magic mushrooms grow from the ground, weed grows and a little bit of flame catches on it. Seems natural to me. A mushroom grows and you eat it, there are over 200 different species of magic mushrooms that grow around the world almost all year round. Im pretty sure chocolate and sugar are drugs to. Chocolate is even a mild aphrodisiac. Psychedelics make you look at life in a different way and changes your perspective. Countless people have relied on adderall to keep them up for tests. And one time even methamphetamine. Did they do it for fun? NO! Society told her she had to pass a college test to succeed in life, and all the kids that are bullied into suicidal thoughts that are put on anti-depressants. Are anti-depressants true happiness? Society is the real gateway drug, not an herb. Even young children spin around just to get dizzy, or lie on their backs to see the world upside down. We have sex, food, roller coasters, sky diving, all sorts of things every day to change our state of mind. It is normal. Why is it wrong to want to relax sometimes? There are hallucinogens that have caused life changing spiritual experiences, stimulants to stay alert and focused, and depressants to relax. Drugs are that thing you take when you want to sleep, you have a head ache, you can't focus, you can't stay awake, you are obese, you are anorexic. Every night when you fall asleep and dream, your brain releases DMT from your pineal gland that bind to your serotonin 5HT2A receptors. You wonder why you can't remember all of your dreams, thats the DMT protecting you from the hallucinogenic experience. DMT is in thousands of plants, it is also the chemical released in your brain during a near death experience, you know the bright light, the out of body experience? Thats DMT, we will all face this experience when we die unless your head explodes. Whatever happens to you after that is the afterlife, heaven or hell. There is a pill for every problem these days, and more pills for the side effects. This is why I believe that drug users can go to heaven, if you don't sell your body for drugs, aren't violent, don't steal to get drugs, and use them for more than just fun and accept Christ then you should go to heaven. This is what I believe, any comments?

without reading any of that: of course they do .... every time they can afford to score.

Like L2R I didn't read it but my answer is still no. Why? Because there is no such thing as heaven.

I think they go to heaven. If drug users don't go to heaven than those with cancer don't either or those with heart disease or any disease for that matter. Drug addiction is a disease and like cancer the disease has many stages. How could "God" not allow someone into heaven for having a disease they have no control over.

T(block of fuckign text);DR

No one goes to heaven , it's a lie. Satan wrote the bible, god only appreciates civility and rationality.

I believe drugs definitely have the potential to become and idol or a master. Who/what do you live for, God or drugs? Where are your time, money and thoughts going? Who/what do you depend on when the going gets rough? In your speech, who/what do you glorify? Morality aside, drug use definitely isn't for everyone. Who might you be causing to stumble through displaying your use giving the impression that it is OK?

Paul says that we have freedom in Christ but we're to treat it responsibly.

Roman 14 said:
13 Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in the way of a brother or sister. 14 I am convinced, being fully persuaded in the Lord Jesus, that nothing is unclean in itself. But if anyone regards something as unclean, then for that person it is unclean. 15 If your brother or sister is distressed because of what you eat, you are no longer acting in love. Do not by your eating destroy someone for whom Christ died. 16 Therefore do not let what you know is good be spoken of as evil. 17 For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit, 18 because anyone who serves Christ in this way is pleasing to God and receives human approval.

19 Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification. 20 Do not destroy the work of God for the sake of food. All food is clean, but it is wrong for a person to eat anything that causes someone else to stumble. 21 It is better not to eat meat or drink wine or to do anything else that will cause your brother or sister to fall.

22 So whatever you believe about these things keep between yourself and God. Blessed is the one who does not condemn himself by what he approves. 23 But whoever has doubts is condemned if they eat, because their eating is not from faith; and everything that does not come from faith is sin.[c]

I don't think drugs will make or break heaven for you but the condition of your heart and your faith (e.g. does your faith match up with the type of faith elucidated in James?). I don't think drugs are evil per se but you are definitely playing with fire.

This is, of course, only taking the Christian perspective in mind.

Only on the first fix of every morning when you go from being sick to being in morphine heaven. Or better yet shooting a speed ball now that's heaven :D

without reading any of that: of course they do .... every time they can afford to score.

Yes but we must not forget Bob Marley's line of "Time will tell, you think you're in heaven when you're really in hell."

/smug pertinence

I think they go to heaven. If drug users don't go to heaven than those with cancer don't either or those with heart disease or any disease for that matter. Drug addiction is a disease and like cancer the disease has many stages. How could "God" not allow someone into heaven for having a disease they have no control over.

God happens to be irrationally judgemental on us considering the 'historical' text which is the Bible tells us of such.

Who can really say what who if when or how, i dont even honestly know how to even attempt to discuss such an issue. Heaven all thee way!

i think fasting might be used here for some example... you hear of it as something many, like Jesus, did to reach higher states of consciousness, "God Consciousness"... i think that heaven might be found with the absence of all of the clouds we might see blocking it. clouds can be anything, but one could be unnecessary things. this is open to interpretation, of course. (and of course, I don't mean to say that all clouds are ... bad or unnecessary. the metaphor breaks, sort of.)

i often feel at a loss when for instance i forget to pay my electric, and it gets shut off, or my internet, and it gets shut off.. or i wash a cell phone.. or something breaks down, but then i feel freedom, simplicity, and clarity. the only thing keeping me from accepting the new state is that everything around me is running in the "cloud". same with marijuana, sometimes. sometimes i get so into it, using it every day... and then finally i can't find it, and i'm almost grateful when that happens. not that i think marijuana is bad, or that i probably won't use it again in the future... sometimes humans forget to come up for air with some things. on that note, i'm about ready for another swim. it's all about.. balance. being conscious of what you're doing, perhaps. maybe heaven is relative.

if heaven is perfection, and you keep taking a drug to seek to better yourself, you're not getting better. this isn't to say that you won't reach heaven, however. don't get too attached to what you do here. you're a vessel for a process which is ultimately not able to assign itself as "individual" to any separate being. this doesn't mean you and what you experience and choose etc doesn't matter... because it matters to your vector.

when you're ready, you'll reach heaven. i think.

going back to losing things, a big negative in life is holding on. i think when it comes time to die, i won't hold on, and in that point at least, i'll reach a relative peace, or "heaven" (not that this is final), again.

but addiction is not heaven prone in itself.. but it stops at death. depending on belief system and what might actually happen, that part of the system is either retracted into a "uniform" potential, or it's actually an individual packet that needs to be purified over and over again (or both can exist actually) until perfect. but yea.. when you're ready, you might reach "heaven."

Last edited:
Well if you want the biblical answer it goes as follows:

The bible says all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. There is no scale to measure what sin is worse than others. On a daily basis we all sin. As a matter a fact the bible says that in which a man thinks he has already done it. Example being : If I think about murdering someone, in Gods eyes you commited murder and so on.

Summery : We are all sinners. Before the creation of the earth God chose a people in which he calls his elect. If you are his elect your name was written in the lambs book of life. God Does the choosing of who goes to Heaven, it has nothing to do with your outward conduct. The bible says we are saved by grace, not by works. So the answer is YES A DRUG ADDICT CAN GO TO HEAVEN. Thanks

Listen. Notwithstanding all the religious mumbo jumbo, you are the only person that can condemn yourself to hell. You make that decision. Not anyone else. The only reason a person would go to hell is if they felt too ashamed to ask for it. If hell exists in the fist place, that is.

in my opinion no matter how good or bad you are you go to the same place when you die

You wonder why you can't remember all of your dreams, thats the DMT protecting you from the hallucinogenic experience.

This lacks substantiation and is less parsimonious than other proposed mechanisms (mainly that the neurological changes entailed by dreaming interfere with the usual mechanisms of encoding of LTM, particularly because REM sleep likely fulfills the function of consolidating prior LTMs).
I don't find this question to be particularly interesting or pertinent, but if I did, I'd be into Damien's musings.

ebola