• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Do drug users go to heaven?

First, I don't believe in heaven.

However, working within the construct of the bible, I see no mention of any Law, rule or command that prohibits drug use per se. Maybe stealing or sucking cock or assaulting people is a sin, but that is a separate thing from drug use, you can be sober and do those things, you can be high and not do them. Hence they are indeed not implied simply by drug use it self.

Finally, just because pot or shrooms are natural is not a sufficient argument to claim they are 'good'. Many natural things are VERY VERY bad. Botulinum toxin is 100% natural. It is also the MOST toxic substance know. One type of it has an LD50 of about 30 nanograms.

Also "hard" drugs can be natural too...you know MORPHINE via opium. You can just smoke the opium like pot, 100% natural! So does Cathinone [which a reasonably strong stimulant that is the ketone of amphetamine] Your argument is an appeal to nature, which is usually a fallacy, and in this case, can be shown that nature makes the most powerful poison, and one of the most addictive drugs know. So no, pot and shrooms and DMT don't get a special place because they are found in plants.

Last edited:
"Drug user" is as specific as "American" or "Samoan".

I dunno too much about heaven, but life is a reptile zoo.

op's text notwithstanding

do drug users goto heaven?

well that requires us to ask ourselves, but what is heaven anyways, is it not a state of felicity in which all one's activities align harmoniously? I think it's something like that, heaven is a state of perfection, and therefore in the perspective of a drug user, the answer would be yes they do goto heaven but that is contingent upon their degree of happiness and harmony, when things are bad, for a drug user, that's hell. when things are good, that's heaven.

@op, stop fooling yourself about some mythic idea of a heaven beyond the earth, that is a scary idea though. Imo if there were any heaven would that not be, then hell? that would compel everyone to live their entire life in fear and trembling out of a fear of god; do yourself a favor, pull your head out of the sand and realize that heaven is here on earth, it is the creation.

As a Jew I dont believe in Heaven OR Hell. Both are conditions that can be created here and now according to one's mindframe and actions. Drug use is not only permitted in my religion, it is a directive that must be fufilled if one is able. However, misuse is a sin because it damages both mind and body. Moderation in everything.

"Hell is not a place you go if youre not Christian, its a failure of your life's greatest ambitions." - Immortal Technique

I guess that depends on your belief system or what you believe about the after life. I believe in an after life and reincarnation, not sure about heaven though. Regardless, I would say yes. Whatever lessons you don't learn in this life time, you will face in your next one... if there is a lesson in your drug use that you haven't learned, then I believe you'll just be reincarnated and still deal with that shit until you conquer it. If you have no problem or lesson in your drug use, then, well it doesn't matter. I don't believe its wrong or a sin to alter your consciousness. According to a lot of christians, the answer would be no, but that's funny to me, considering most of them drink coffee and the church I attended when I was younger had a coffee bar in it even. Coffee is just as much of a drug as anything else. It alters your mind, there for its a drug. Why would a drug be a sin if its effects are strong but not a sin if the effects are weaker? That's illogical.

I think that some drug users have probably felt like that they have been to heaven and back many times already.
Where as folk who have never taken drugs have no idea how their time on earth could be made better.
Some may lay in their death bed & realise that working 40 hours a week with only 2 days out of 7 to themselves was a waste of living.