• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Cocaine and Methylphenidate, is there a cross tolerance?

EEhouseEE

Bluelighter
So the title of this thread is pretty much my question. Say for example if you did cocaine on monday and then again on wednesday ( half gram in total) Then on saturday you did some methypphenidate ( 30-40mg) with no tolerance to it, would you still get a nice high? Or would the coke use during the week add on to your tolerance for the methyl.

Stimulants are not my forte but they both act at least partially as DRI's so there will be some cross tolerance. As for what else methylphenidate might do, NRI perhaps, that might not be as affected though that isn't really the fun part.

So the title of this thread is pretty much my question. Say for example if you did cocaine on monday and then again on wednesday ( half gram in total) Then on saturday you did some methypphenidate ( 30-40mg) with no tolerance to it, would you still get a nice high? Or would the coke use during the week add on to your tolerance for the methyl.

Well, dude, I really don't think that they both do the same to you in terms of rush, and the numbness you'll get out of your coke is somewhat so different from what you get out of snorting bumps of Ritalin crushed pills. I've done the both and I'm telling you that despite the fact that they both do the same thing in your Central Nervous System, if it's a benchmark of course,while it is still compared to Methylphenidate in terms of being a DRI, and also NRI (keep the fact it mind that cocaine also acts directly as a serotonin reuptake inhibitor in your CNS but it's not the same thing with Methylphenidate) cocaine hits you much faster and gives you a better rush than methylpehnidate and also more caffeine like body-energy than Methylphenidate.
Methylphenidate gives you a slight rush of course and then what? - better concentration, rapid heartbeat, having desire to talk as much as you can bla bla bla, and then the most terrible comedown I ever had was on Methylphenidate ! horrible backache - tachycardia - feeling so disappointed -/ wanting-to-die moments ! these are things I never had experienced on coke's come down though I dealt with coke's most terrible come downs as well.

I also forgot to say that an overall amount of 30-40 milligrams of Methylphenidate is somewhat equivalent to 500mgs of street cokes

I also forgot to say that an overall amount of 30-40 milligrams of Methylphenidate is somewhat equivalent to 500mgs of street cokes

I would have to disagree. I take 60mgs of time release Methylphenidate Hcl a day as it is prescribed to me. Some years ago I crushed these for insufflation.

Different people react differently to Methylphenidate.

As for cross-tolerance, both release some Dopamine, so I would expect somewhat of a cross-tolerance, but not very much.

You should remember to state the fact your coke is only 20% pure when making statemets like this for the sake of HR.....

If someone from where I came from tried doing 500mg of coke because he thought it would give him the effect of 30mg methylphenidate, something could go seriously wrong very fast.

You should remember to state the fact your coke is only 20% pure when making statemets like this for the sake of HR.....

If someone from where I came from tried doing 500mg of coke because he thought it would give him the effect of 30mg methylphenidate, something could go seriously wrong very fast.

Bro I won't diss you but half a gram ain't a lot, especially your location. I'm right on the border with Mexico across a bridge is Juarez the biggest drug hub in north America and pure pure coke is Max out 55-60% most lower. Mind you were a huge drug import spot the main coming up north but we have better coke then your spot most definitely and half a gram you won't o/d for honest harm reduction ...

Methylphenidate is much stronger of a DARI than cocaine is, and it substitutes fully in drug disscrimuination tests as far as I know.

Street cocaine is pretty uniformly regarded as garbage. An 80mg dosage of real coca alkaloid should have most people fucking flying, but when's the last time you hard of someone getting totally blasted off less than a point of coke?

Well, that's why I mentioned that 30-40mgs of Methylphenidate[INSTANT RELEASE] is equivalent to 500mgs of STREET COKE !
I never stated that 30-40mgs of MPH is equivalent to 500mgs of pure Cocaine ! that's for sure 500mgs of pure cocaine will fuck your brain off ! and of course the total average purity of street coke these days is around 20 to 40% I guess.

but I can swear on that if you're about to get MPH as a substitute to cocaine, you'll get really really disappointed, and I strongly recommend you that if you're going to snort MPH anyway, just purify it around 60 to 80% by Extraction procedure, coz the MPH pills is usually only around 7.5 to 10% pure and the rest of stuff in there are pill fillers such as some irrelevant sugars that are not suitable for snorting purpose and can make harm to your nose and lungs.

Kk welll thanks for the asnwers, i ended up doing it today and i gotta say i still got pretty good euphoria, execept one thing my heart was going nuts my mouth was DRY as shit the whole time and it was hard to breath, fuck too many stims in a week , for me i guess....

i heard cocaine is more cardiotoxic than amps, they are more neurotoxic... sure not easy on your heart still but not toxic like cocaine or propoxyphene the opiod is cardiotoxic...

i stay away from coke because of impurities, a shittier high IMO, and the whole cardiotoxicity thing...

I'm more acquainted with dexamphetamine.... but no speeding heart is good par se...

I just feel safer with prescription drugs knowing how much I'm fucking taking... as opposed to like saying my drugs are only 20% and you get them from some dealer who does not know unless he made the shit either... its like "this is fire shit bro" wtf is that? I don't go with dex calling it fire shit snort this.... its Xmg, or Xmg... lol.

anyways... yeah thats all completely irrelevant sort of...

the racing heart from methylphenidate is mostly caused by the racemic mixture, giving you half dex and half levo methylphenidate... levo isomers of stims cause more unwanted speedy less euphoric effects...

focalin is probably way more kickass in comparison as its only dexmethylphenidate...

in terms of recreation the isomers mean everything...

upon swapping to dexamphetamine it allowed me to dose waaaaay higher than I thought I would need or be normally able to in adderall and even shitty extended release formulations cause some unwanted effects... the dex in dimesylate salt vyvanse dex or even if the levo was in there (sure it would still blow more) it still has unwanted effects...

the salt and isomer is everything... seriously. in terms of side effects and recreational potential.

thats why people hate on adderall... methylphenidate racemic mixture would be 10x as bad as that too...

Last edited: