⫸STICKY⫷ "name changes: a one time perk for a $25 donation" thread

Account A would be lost and likely disabled unless the user still had the relevant email info. In that case the password could be reset, and so long as administration approved it, the mod position could be assigned to the reactivated older account.

The one name change that comes from being a staff member could be used to achieve the desired. The account wouldn't be merged though technically as it can cause stability issues in the forum database.

Of course the more legitamet the reason for needing something like this done the more likely the time might be taken.

What about merging accounts?

I've heard users speak of merging accounts, so their old account links to a shiny new handle. I'm guessing it's still a no, though. Can one still get a handle change via financial donation to Bluelight?

I need to change my username for serious security reasons [if there is a Mod I should discuss this with, I'd love to know]. But, like many members, I do not want to lose the ability to log in with my old account and look through my posting history. I understand I am only allowed to access one account at a time. I haven't posted lots, but looking back at my own posts on Bluelight is one of the best tools at my disposal for checking what I've been thinking and feeling regarding drug use over the years I've been here. 116 posts admittedly seems like bugger all, but when they stretch back over 6 years or so, they form a decent-sized data set (at least in terms of personal reflection/analysis).

I've heard users speak of merging accounts, so their old account links to a shiny new handle. I'm guessing it's still a no, though. Can one still get a handle change via financial donation to Bluelight?

I need to change my username for serious security reasons [if there is a Mod I should discuss this with, I'd love to know]. But, like many members, I do not want to lose the ability to log in with my old account and look through my posting history. I understand I am only allowed to access one account at a time. I haven't posted lots, but looking back at my own posts on Bluelight is one of the best tools at my disposal for checking what I've been thinking and feeling regarding drug use over the years I've been here. 116 posts admittedly seems like bugger all, but when they stretch back over 6 years or so, they form a decent-sized data set (at least in terms of personal reflection/analysis).

Sending a PM to the admins should get you an answer. The next best option would be to send an email to the site account by clicking on the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

they should atleast allow u to change your username once a year, thats what some other forums allow.

If i donate enough can i keep my username but change my title from Bluelighter to Redligher? i like the color red more than blue.. plus i think it would only be fair since the new Ambassador program gives people a view of superiority to others who don't understand the program fully.
I just wanna be different lol!
Change my title to ANYTHING in bold. Your choice (have fun with it if you'd like, love to see what you can come up with to make me look like a fool for asking that lol)
I would like something different though..
Maybe BL L.I.T. (Lyricist In Training) since that is what i am.
Something! ill pay $50.

Ohhh!! I may do this when I have money, lol... I like my name, but too many people mistake me for a guy lol ('tis why I started typing "~Ms.P" on my posts)

Perhaps I'll think of a cool name one day, but I would be pleaased to donate regardless, I love this site <3

In time though, I have debts to pay off first, LOL

^ Change it to Ms. Papaverium.. just a thought. Then you could still keep almost the same name and I could still call you Ms. P and you could still put it at the end of your posts as you do now..

At the end of a lot of mine i put..

-HOOD

EDIT:
On a side note.. now that i said that in my previous post about changing my status/title to anything in bold and to have fun with it.
Im gonna be watching it to see if it randomly changes to BL Asshole or something lol.

Last edited:
I'm in though if you open again the Words poetry contest. BL Poetry Contest Winner, now that sounds good.

talk to the words mods. temporary custom titles for competition winners are never a problem.

alasdair

Ooooo that's sounds fun too!! ^^

A poetry contest :3 <3 I'm not one to be competitive, but I can write a mean poem ;)

Edit: Also, if I were to donate 25$, would I have to change my name that day? Or could I use the name-change as a "coupon" per-se, and change it whenever I feel, if I don't feel like doing so upon the day of donation?

~Ms.P

Last edited:
Ooooo that's sounds fun too!! ^^

A poetry contest :3 <3 I'm not one to be competitive, but I can write a mean poem ;)

Edit: Also, if I were to donate 25$, would I have to change my name that day? Or could I use the name-change as a "coupon" per-se, and change it whenever I feel, if I don't feel like doing so upon the day of donation?

~Ms.P

So long as you save your receipt you'd be able to redeem it whenever you liked.

Interesting choice for a potential new name...