• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Non-Profit Fund Raising

captainballs

Bluelighter
After suffering through a few BS jobs during this terrible recession, I started work at a non-profit because I thought it would be fulfilling. Right now, I'm doing grassroots campaigning, which involves raising funds through standing around on college campuses attempting to sign people up.

I've discovered that it is HARD.

I think I've signed up 3 people in a week of hard work. It is much more difficult than selling a product. You have to convince people that they are part of a movement that is succeeding, and you have to exude passion. So far I am not winning, and I'm not sure this is my thing. I don't know what to do to stay motivated. Anyone else have experience doing this? The benefits are great, not to mention the resume builder, but all of this rejection is killing me. Sometimes it feels hopeless, and even though I care about the issues I'm campaigning for, I get the feeling that the general public could give two shits even if I was giving away free Nintendo 3DS's.

Lol Non-profiteering. The groups that do this shit skim so much money. Write grants, skim money for yourself off grants. win