• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Does methoxetamine (MXE) lower opiate tolerance?

Exactly. NMDA antagonists can certainly do their bit to help, but if you're a dependant you'll do no more than delay the inevitable.

We're only really just scratching the surface of the science behind tolerance and addiction and the role of the NMDA receptor. I'm a final year physics student and I can tell you that we probably know as much about the human brain, something we have had with us since we became a distinct species, as we do about the universe. It's gonna be some time before we have complete control over tolerance!
Well; they are more effective then you think.

Regarding the former question, we cannot discuss the matter on this forum. Regarding the latter question, do a search on this forum, and perhaps that "Google" website. :p

ebola

I have found mxe to be a miracle drug in terms of combating the physical withdrawal and tolerance for opiates. If I relapse on heroin or opiates of some kind, which for me is using 3 days in a row, I get physically addicted again. I have used mxe for about 2 days and then I suffer no withdrawal of any kind. I have been doing this for about a year to a year and a half. The psychological part is the most difficult part of addiction for me.

A lower end oral dose of MXE (~30mg, as I have a decent [possibly permanent] tolerance to it) potenciates kratom by quite a bit. Oral MXE on it's own generally feels very narcotic to me, very removed from it's psychedelic/dissasotiative nature as opposed to other ROAs.

I should note that I take 4-6 grams of piracetam a day as well, which seems to take away from most of the effects of MXE. I'm reading the link to this ADD thread in a few minutes: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/529450-Opiates-and-Piracetam. Not sure what the conclusion is on that yet, as it seems like piracetam could either potentiate or dull the opiate/opioid experience, ergo the kratom experience. In regards to the kratom high, I'm just assuming with that, as it produces opiate/oid-like effects.

^-----------
All this aside, one should be mindful not to go overboard and get addicted to two powerful substances. It would be very easy to become a slave to both.

I believe this might be relevant, re: potentiating effects on opioids.

NMDA receptor hypofunction in the prelimbic cortex increases sensitivity to the rewarding properties of opiates via dopaminergic and amygdalar substrates
The medial prefrontal cortex (mPFC) plays a significant role in associative learning and memory formation during the opiate addiction process. Various lines of evidence demonstrate that glutamatergic (GLUT) transmission through the N-methyl D-aspartate (NMDA) receptor can modulate neuronal network activity within the mPFC and influence dopaminergic signaling within the mesocorticolimbic pathway. However, little is known about how modulation of NMDA receptor signaling within the mPFC may regulate associative opiate reward learning and memory formation. Using a conditioned place preference (CPP) procedure, we examined the effects of selective NMDA receptor blockade directly within the prelimbic cortex (PLC) during the acquisition of associative opiate reward learning. NMDA receptor blockade specifically within the PLC caused a strong potentiation in the rewarding effects of either systemic or intra-ventral tegmental area (intra-VTA) morphine administration. This reward potentiation was dose dependently blocked by coadministration of dopamine D1 or D2 receptor antagonists and by blockade of presynaptic GLUT release. In addition, pharmacological inactivation of the basolateral amygdala (BLA) also prevented intra-PLC NMDA receptor blockade-induced potentiation of opiate reward signals, demonstrating a functional interaction between inputs from the VTA and BLA within the PLC, during the encoding and modulation of associative opiate reward information.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20392811

So it looks like it potentiates opioids via D1/D2 receptor, but this still may be originally NMDA mediated? I wish I could get the full paper to see what NMDA antagonist they used.

A lower end oral dose of MXE (~30mg, as I have a decent [possibly permanent] tolerance to it) potenciates kratom by quite a bit. Oral MXE on it's own generally feels very narcotic to me, very removed from it's psychedelic/dissasotiative nature as opposed to other ROAs.

I should note that I take 4-6 grams of piracetam a day as well, which seems to take away from most of the effects of MXE. I'm reading the link to this ADD thread in a few minutes: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/529450-Opiates-and-Piracetam. Not sure what the conclusion is on that yet, as it seems like piracetam could either potentiate or dull the opiate/opioid experience, ergo the kratom experience. In regards to the kratom high, I'm just assuming with that, as it produces opiate/oid-like effects.

^-----------
All this aside, one should be mindful not to go overboard and get addicted to two powerful substances. It would be very easy to become a slave to both.

Really!? thats the first ive heard of taking mxe orally making it less pshchadelic... the psychadelic part is wjat i dont like as much about it, it feels weird sometimes but i LOVE the sedating/stimulatimg effects of it. Im interested of anyome else had the same experience

Ive only snorted mxe and find that 20-30mg snorted while shooting heroin on top of it, the mxe overpowers even an opiate as strong as heroin pretty bad... maybe illtry 5mg -10mg mxe orally next time i do it. Cuz that psychadelic aslect gets weird sometimes man