• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Canada Goose winter coats

Cyc

Bluelighter
Anyone big on these?

I picked myself up an Ontario parka today and I'm really impressed with the quality and comfort. I'll admit, it's a bit bulky and the coyote fur sort of restricts peripheral vision. But otherwise, it's like wearing body armor. It's quite nice, and stylish.

What winter coats you liking this year?

yeah i have a candian goose jacket with a coyote collar and built in hand warmers. massively warm coat.
expedition2.jpg

and a helly hansen verglas jacket. helly hansen makes excellent coats of all sorts i have an old one i have had for 10 yrs that is still soo warm and nice.
61928_991_main_large.jpg

a couple other types but those are my favorites. time to go drink some beer. cheers.

i wear a down parka and a shell. keeps me warm when its -30C out.

I'm going to continue wearing Gloverall. I'm sure the Canada Goose jackets are of a fine quality but I simply can't see past all the goddamn twats running around in them.

Yeah, there is an aspect of bandwagonism that makes me want to colour in that ugly logo on the arm.

I do like it however, because it's one of the few things still made in Canada and one of the few manufacturing companies with a strong union, fair wages, and a proud stance on keeping it that way. Most other high-end manufacturers have moved to China.

China has responded by making a bunch of fairly convincing knockoffs this year.

I wonder how those coats are made, meaning how are the birds treated. But I guess I'm one of the few who think that way. :-/ (Not intentionally trying to derail your thread, just curious if anyone into these coats knows/wonders about it.)

I have a down coat that was literally thrown at me. (Friend's mom got too large for it and she was so disgusted by it she threw it at me and basically told me to try it on or get out of her house, lmao. I tried it on, didn't quite like the faux fur, but was told it looked great on me, so I kept it.) Have been wearing it every winter for three or four years now and I really like it now, minus the fact that feathers get on whatever shirt I'm wearing underneath it.

You probably won't like the fact that Canada Goose uses real coyote fur then (or in the case of their limited edition, arctic fox fur)

^ I have no problem with using real fur when the entire animal has been utilized, though I personally do not like wearing fur, even fake. However, that probably was not the case for those coyotes or arctic fox. :-/