• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe The new generic subutex...what's the verdict?

I have gone from getting 90 roxi 30's/month to mdones then to suboxone and now...Finally, SUBUTEX!!! At first, I was getting the normal sixed round ones from I think the manufacturer Teva? Well I just recently got these new Hi-Techs y'all are talking about and have had them for the past 4 months. Yes, it is true you can fly thru a Rx of em. HOWEVER, in my experience this is just because since theyre smaller your mind thinks u need more but since they are the EXACT same strength as any other 8mg tex, if you remember this and just do little pieces, (I bang mine and they bang waaaay better than the larger ones) you will not run out. Anyone who thinks these are "Weaker" than the other ones is an idiot and it's in your head. I looove my new subutex and am NEVER switching back!

For people with private insurance does suboxone cost a normal copay or is it way higher/ not covered? sry for OT.

It varies...Have your doctor write a note claiming you cannot get by without the medication, make a copy & send it to your insurance company. It may help.

...The rebound effects of short acting opiate/opioids is in reference to the pain "rebounding" back, sometimes more severe and in a shorter time span.
Most extended release pills do not break down/metabolize before they reach your colon...big pharms' getting billions for plastic pills that dont even dissolve or "push out" the active ingredient like they claim.

The 8 mg arrow logo do not work! They look like a 2. U have to take a lot more to get relieve and they don't last as long! Don't buy them!

Buprenorphine that is! Costco has them cheaper but I am going else where to get the right ones! And paying 100 more:(!

I just got my script of the arrow/8 subutex a little while ago and so far have not noticed a difference in strength to the big white ones. I haven't tried IVing since I don't have a micron filter, but they are much more comfortable to snort. Subutex for me is about 1/3 the price of suboxone, which is why I asked my doctor to switch me. If anyone is trying to get subutex instead of suboxone you could try saying you can't afford the suboxone script (which is like paying for a dope habit if you don't have amazing insurance). I wish I would have convinced my doctor sooner, as I would have saved a lot of money... not to mention I like subutex better

Yea stick to snorting but keep in mind its good to switch to sublingual here and there before your nose gets all messed up. I have never seen the orange pills you guys in the states have but I still get the original Suboxone tablets the white stop signs and they work great for me I get the 2mg tablets now. I don't see strips ever nor has my doctor ever mentioned them to me but I'm happy with the pills I take 0.2,mgs sublingual 2 times a day then usually snort 0.1mgs before bed. They were fine to IV with a micron filter but I stopped because it's pointless and ruins your veins for nothing. Stick to other ROAs when it comes to bupe IV jist isn't worth it in my opinion.

The general consensus where I reside coming from friends, and my GF who is prescribed them is that they seem to be weaker. Almost as if the company whose manufacturing them is not putting the correct amount in the pills. Route of administration doesn't matter. You can sub-lingual, IV, snort or whatever but the dose still doesn't seem to do the trick like the bigger tablets. This may be a psychological sort of thing because the pills are small but I don't seem to think so. Ive had plenty of smaller tablets in other narcotic drugs that hit me just fine. These really seem to be weaker than they should be.

Last edited:
i used to get these and inject/snort/plug them. they are just like any other bupre pills i have gotten....

Ive had em all over the last 2 years

Ive taken all of them over the last 2 years or so..Ive snorted em taken em sublingualy ive never banged em i just think thats fucking retarded..An addiction is an addiction even though smack is infinitely worse for you its still dumb to shoot subs...Your taking it to get clean not to substitute one thing for another..Anyways having said that.Personally I like the Roxane ones the most..I think they are the most potent..I dont know if its a mental thing maybe it is but they seem to work the best..I dont get high from them at all but I do notice that i feel the most normal with them..I HATE the Teeva ones those are disgusting taste like shit if u snort em they burn the fuck out of your throat and i dont think they work very well..Plus when you grind em up theres a TON of powder..Which brings me to my point why i think people prefer the Roxane brand..Though the dosage is supposed to be the same the amount of powder if your snorting them that is,Is obviously different..Say you crush up a Hi-Tech 8mg and a Roxane 8mg next to one another..The hi tech might break out into like 10 small lines the Roxane will break up into prolly 25 or 30 decent to big lines..Your ingesting more of the roxane and when your snorting them the fact that theres more powder means that the drug stays in your sinus cavity longer as it lingers and you get the drip..When you snort the Hi tech pill most of that just shoots down your throat and a little bit of it stays in your nasal passages..Thats probably why the Roxane brand works "better" and for "longer" Just the amount of medication going up your nose..thats my 2 cents anyway..i will also say that when I have gotten the Hi tech ones i seem to run out of them faster..dunno if its a mental thing or whatever but the Roxane brand seems to be the best one..based on Price and also based on being able to make them last the full month

Thank you for the link. Well after taking these for a week I switched back to the Roxanne brand because I found myself blowing through these things like skittles. I seriously think that they are less potent, or have poor quality control. At first I loved them and they got me rocked every time. But then I started noticing that some times they would barely do anything for me. I got up to doing about 2.5 a day and realized something was wrong. When I switched back to Roxanne brand, I got way higher and am back down to only needing 1-1.5 pills per day. A lot of my friends feel the same way... these things seem to have about half the potency of the Roxanne! However, sometimes they get me wrecked...I can't figure it out. My theory is that the manufacturer is messing up the dose big time. Has anyone else noticed this?

I have been prescribed the small subutex (8/arrow) for a year or so now, I loved them because they were small and I assumed they had much less filler involved. Of course it was hard to not take as much, but eventually I got used to it. I literally JUST went and picked up my prescription at Kinneys, I didn't open the bottle until I got home but when I did I was mad af because they were much bigger (54/411) My friend gets them and I tried it a few times and I really didnt like it much.. All of my friends that take them prefer the bigger subutex, which I never understood. My guess is that its more powder and therefore tricks you into thinking youre doing more. But I will agree with one of the things mentioned above-- Sometimes when I take the small ones I dont feel better at all, or barely better. I am not sure why, I thought maybe it was me but if others are experiencing that then maybe its the manufacturer? Maybe the drug itself isnt being distributed evenly somehow. I wish I knew if I took this bottle back to the pharmacy if they will switch it back to the ones Im use to

Has anyone had the new generic Subutex? They are little white pills about the size of a perk 30 (instant release oxycodone) with an 8 on one side and an arrow on the other. They are made by Midlothian Laboratories and were just released recently. They must have at most a quarter of the pill filler that Roxanne and Teva's pills do. I can't find a list of inactive ingredients, maybe someone can help me here. I'm curious because one would assume that they are safer to prep for IV use without a wheel filter if necessary (not everyone has access to them and people will shoot pills, regardless of the risks), however when I did so the resulting solution seemed to have more viscosity than the solutions I've prepped from the other brands. Also, when injected they seemed to take a minute longer to hit me than the other brands... I'm wondering if this is due to the thicker solution, it may move through the veins slower? I have not snorted them yet but a couple friends of mine have and said that they worked better than other brand. However, others said that they seemed to go through more of these pills for some reason...perhaps it's psychological; the pill is smaller and they are used to doing bigger lines...I don't know. Personally I find these to be a great improvement over the other brands, as I've always wished that a company would produce a buprenorphine tablet weighed less. I always thought the 400mgs of powder in a Roxanne, Reckitt or Teva to be unnecessary. However, it is almost impossible to cut these into 1mg doses, which is a hassle. For that reason I do end up taking more of these. Overall I love these pills and much prefer them, and will be getting these from now on. So among those that have tried these, what did you think? Again, if anyone can find a list of inactive ingredients that would be helpful.

I found this website that shows the inactive ingredients on the new generic subutex 8mg arrow
Hope this helps!!!

http://www.drugs.com/imprints/8-arrow-logo-16575.html

Also listing for ready viewing the inactive ingredients here from that link for the new generic subutex 8mg arrow....
Hope this helps!

Inactive Ingredients:
corn starch
sodium stearyl fumarate
lactose monohydrate
mannitol
citric acid anhydrous
trisodium citrate anhydrous
povidone k30

I need some help, has anyone had or heard of an anyone experience feeling drunk or confused after taking a new subutex 153.orange. my first experience was terrible. I took half of one and about a half hour later I feet drunk and confused and had to sit down and when sitting I felt normal but when I stood up I got dizzy and drunk or trippy feeling. I just want to feel normal and not have wd. I have taken the white arrow ones and the strips and had no issues. how is everyone taking the new 153 and are you feeling different or strange. Please any help will be appreciated!!

80sBaby

I need some help, has anyone had or heard of an anyone experience feeling drunk or confused after taking a new subutex 153.orange. my first experience was terrible. I took half of one and about a half hour later I feet drunk and confused and had to sit down and when sitting I felt normal but when I stood up I got dizzy and drunk or trippy feeling. I just want to feel normal and not have wd. I have taken the white arrow ones and the strips and had no issues. how is everyone taking the new 153 and are you feeling different or strange. Please any help will be appreciated!!

80sBaby

not sure what you mean have you ever taken an opiate before?

has anyone else been unable to find the hi-tech pills anymore? In my area the new shitty ativas and mylan pills flooded every pharmacy.

yes I'm taking 1/4 gram of brown daily, I'm trying to finish this. and be off everything. My goal is to be off brown and pills completely. i'm like ever one else, I started with pains and then when they got so expensive I switched. the last 6 months I have just been doing enough brown just so I can sleep and not feel bad, I'm just snorting 1 in the am and 1 at night. so I got some of the new 153 to taper my self off completely/ I have done this before with the 8 arrows but feel back into bad habits. I have made up my mind and i'm ready this time!! so I got a bunch of the new 153 but with my first experience i'm scared to take another one. maybe I took it wrong, it burned like hell< they are not like the 8 arrows that for sure.