• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Snorting morphine

Pdx72

Greenlighter
Hi, first post, here i go:) Although oxy is my drug of choice I will take morphine when oxycontin isn't available. I sometimes get these round white 60mg morphine tabs that are much bigger than the ones that have the coating on them. Because of nausea I I snort them. Shortly after I get big clumps of what looks like gelatinous phlegm blocking my nose and going into the back of my throat. Is this the drug gelling up? Has anyone heard of this? Does it mean the drug wasn't actually absorbed?

I was also wondering if you can remove the coating and snort the time released morhine, I know you can't anymore with oxys, I used to peel and snort the 80 mgs but can't anymore.

Thanks

IME I suck the coating/wax (you could peel it off with a razor or something as well) off the pill then I just crush up into a fine white powder and rail it. It hit me instantaneously. I prefer insufflating morphs I get a warm, euphoric rush with legs.

snorting morph is schwill. eating it sucks too. low BA's for both. Boof it maybe? Shoot it if thats your bag of donuts. I took a morph sub-lingual one time and it wasent too bad

Snorting morphine is the best way to take it, in my opinion. Escapedysphoria's advice is solid: remove the coating by either scraping or sucking it off (I prefer scraping it) and crush what you have left until it's a very, very fine powder. After it's crushed it should be even finer than dry sand; on the fineness scale, it should be somewhere around "nobody sneeze". ;) When that's done, rack it up and enjoy! Should hit you within five minutes or so. I've heard very good things about rectal administration too, I just haven't been able to try it yet; from what I've heard, though, I'd recommend trying it.

Welcome to the forums! It's always good to see new members popping up.

I don't think morphine sulfateworks as good as oxy does snorted. I think because morphine sulfate isn't really soluble in water or fat and is very polar it has a hard time being absorbed in the nose, also the time release doesn't seem to be defeated all the way when crushed. You'll still get high snorting it, it's just not much of a faster onset or stronger than orally like oxycodone is. Though if snorting works for you good. Morphine works fine orally, don't need to IV it. The 40% that is absorb will still fuck you up.

DexterMeth said:
Does chitosan work with heroin?
I wondered that too myself, it probably should, if it works at all. Might be nice to powder up tar with for snorting, fuck lactose or tylenol PM. I also wonder if chitosan found in OTC supplements works with morphine pills or even pure morphine, and if it works will it work for anything nasally, MDMA, hydromorphone, oxymorphone, oxycodone, or even coke. Hell who knows if the studies with chitosan aren't bullshit, they never released the chitosan intranasal morphine. 56% bioavaliability isn't much higher than oral(40%), and 15-20 minutes isn't that fast compared to plain morphine, which I think was about 20-30 minutes nasally. It might not even be that effective, hence it was never released. Also if it work wouldn't everone be using it by now?

You don't need chitosan for heroin. It's nasal bioavailability is high enough due to its lipophilicity.
The chitosan opens junctions between cells and allows the combo to stay there longer, allowing the morphine to go through -morphine being very polar, which doesn't allow for a high intranasal BA under normal circumstances.

I'm not sure if it'll work with heroin, but my guess is that it's probably not worth the effort.

IME I suck the coating/wax (you could peel it off with a razor or something as well) off the pill then I just crush up into a fine white powder and rail it. It hit me instantaneously. I prefer insufflating morphs I get a warm, euphoric rush with legs.

^^^^^^^^^^

This.......I get the same euphoric experiences & legs with snorting Morphine.........lets not forget, everyone mind & body is different so they may not experience what others experience.

Is it okay to inject a 100mg Morphine pill if you are used to taking like 90mg of Oxy or 24 mg of Dilaudid at time? Will it effect me too much because they are time released?

Can you inject 100 mg Morphine Sulfate PIlls?

Is it extremely potent because they are extended release. ( I usually inject 24mg of Dilaudid or 90mg of Oxy or both together). Please no lecture!

To answer your questions sobechic see the following.

100mg Morphine IV = 200mg Oxycodone Oral.

Oral & IV Oxycodone are pretty similar B/A wise so that's a pretty accurate comparison.
Keep in mind that IIRC morphine is soluble at approx 65mg/ML.
As such if your using a 1ML insulin syringe you can only fit 65mg into 1 shot.
Also keep in mind that 100mg Morphine ER has a time release mechanism that will have to be defeated.
You can search for a method to use with your particular brand in various threads here on BL.
I must say I highly recommend using a micron filter for ER Morphine.

Between defeating the time release & all the binders / fillers etc. there's a lot of shit left in your shot.
Micron filtering will help to avoid most of that bullshit.
Since I'm assuming your using 1 ML rig's you'll get 2 shots out of 100mg because of the solubility.
Since you can only fit approx 65mg in 1 ML, you probably wanna use 50mg per shot.
Considering leaving a little room to register & what not you likely wouldn't have exactly 1ml but slightly less.
With IV Morphine being about 2:1 with Oral Oxycodone each 50mg Morphine IV = 100mg Oxycodone Oral / IV.
So basically a 50mg Morphine shot would be about equal to your 90mg Oxycodone shot you normally do.

Hope that helps & for more information feel free to check out & post in the following.

Morphine Mega Thread & FAQ's

You don't need chitosan for heroin. It's nasal bioavailability is high enough due to its lipophilicity.
The chitosan opens junctions between cells and allows the combo to stay there longer, allowing the morphine to go through -morphine being very polar, which doesn't allow for a high intranasal BA under normal circumstances.

I'm not sure if it'll work with heroin, but my guess is that it's probably not worth the effort.

I'm going to try it a few times in the next couple months and report the results.

So i recently came across some 30mg extended morphine and have found a solution for snorting that works very well. First, file of the outside coating as best you can(a little left is ok). Crush it up(butt end of a kitchen knife works best). Put the powder in a shot glass with a very small amount of water(just enough to cover the powder). Put it the microwave for about 8 seconds on high. The morphine should be dissolved completely(if not pop it in for another couple seconds). As it cools there will be a milky film on the top of the water, remove it with a spoon, knife, whatever(i use a strawberry pitter its small and has a hole in the center for liquid to drain). How ever you do it its not hard as it is rather gunky and slimy. I believe this must be whatever is left of the time release gel(correct me if im wrong). If you taste it, it is a tasteless gel. Next, snort the liquid. Its rather unpleasant, most of it will go down the back of your throat and into your stomach. Never the less the results are incredible as compared to other methods(besides IV ofcourse). Also i highly recommend using a sinus flush prior to all this just to clean out your pathways, but even without it you will not get the gelatinous phlegm in your throat.

Snorting morphine is the best way to take it, in my opinion. Escapedysphoria's advice is solid: remove the coating by either scraping or sucking it off (I prefer scraping it) and crush what you have left until it's a very, very fine powder.

If you're all talking about what I think you are (pills bonded with plastic to prevent crushing) then I have another good way to get it all off it involves a cheese grater a piece of glass and a lighter
Grate it down to a powder lay it thinly on the glass and gently apply heat, you'll actually be able to smell and see the plastic burning off you should end up with a brown powder (if it turns black you killed it) that looks almost like heroin but it's clean no plastic

Shortly after I get big clumps of what looks like gelatinous phlegm blocking my nose and going into the back of my throat. Is this the drug gelling up?
Thanks

Chase your snort with a little nasal inhale of saline solution, you get a nasty drip, and your probably risking a slight feeling of nausea. BUT your nose will be completely clear and you'll be making better use of the pills as any clogging bi-products are sent to your stomach to digest.