• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

How to make hair grow fast!

Oats

Bluelighter
I decided to cut off more than half of my hair and i hate how short my hAir is and i want it grown out again fast. Please help!

I recommend looking into pregnancy vitamins. I've been taking them (an Australian brand, Blackmores Pregnancy Gold) for the last 6 months and it has such an amazing effect on my skin, hair and nails! After taking them once a day for approximately one month, you should see a difference.
It has made my hair grow a lot more and was recommended by several hair-dressers as a good way to grow hair out faster.
Oh, PS - I'm most definitely not pregnant! These vitamins won't have any adverse effects on you at all. They just contain a variety of awesome vitamins and minerals. :)

Also, have regular trims. Sounds weird, but taking off a small amount will encourage healthy and fast hair growth.

One other thing you can do it use a quality shampoo and conditioner. This will prevent breakage and will mean your hair will get longer and healthier.

Hope all of this helps! :)

Last edited:
I use to have really long hair, a few inches past my shoulders, then I chopped it off and kept it short for a year or two. Grew it back down to my chin, then cut it again. Past year I've been growing it, and I can finally tuck it behind my ears again, finally!

My hair has grown very slow this year though. What took me 6 months last year, took me 12 months this year just to get to the same length. The key is to not damage your hair. Don't blow dry your hair often, use the right shampoo and conditioner, and most importantly, don't wash your hair every day. I use to wash it every single day, then I finally stopped. I started washing every other day and noticed a tremendous difference. For the first few weeks, the off day will leave you with oily hair, if you have hair that produces oil fast, like I do. But after a month it will balance out and the off day may appear fuller and thicker than the on day of washing! Sometimes I go a full 72 hours in between washes, but more often than not I keep it at an every other day routine.

Also, some men think growing long hair means not getting hair cuts. Not true! It's important to get a trim every 6 to 8 weeks to encourage hair growth and healthy ends. Otherwise your hair will split, and go further up the strand. When time comes to trim it, you'll end up having to cut more off than if you trimmed it every 6 to 8 weeks, so you might as well make sure it's trim and healthy.

The girl who just cut my hair at the salon said the best thing to take to grow hair faster and stronger is biotin. It can be found in many multivitamins, but she said to just get the straight biotin from the store. The prenatal vitamins are overkill, at least in her words.

Stay busy! ;)

Biotin is good for making hair stronger, which (over the long haul) will mean less breaks/splits, and therefore your hair achieving its natural best. Same with pantothenic acid and riboflavin. I agree with J.Wallace in that the pregnancy meds are a bit extreme (and probably not cheap either!), but hey - if you wanna try it, go for it!

Honestly, as far as vitamins/minerals/supplements, I'd stick with a daily vitamin, b-complex, and then biotin, riboflavin and pantonthenic acid (if you can find any/all of these three), keeping in mind that hair grows on average a half-inch per month and that while some combination of V/M/S could increase this slightly, your hair will *appear* to grow faster if it is strong and splitting/breaking less. And don't flat-iron your hair daily to make it appear longer, as that will just make it split and weaken.

Hair growth is kind of like toning muscles - something that goes slow enough that the day-to-day change isn't really visible, and starring at it all the time will just make it seem slower. Maybe keep it tied up or wear a hat often while it's growing out, so that if you're really only looking at it every now and then, the incremental changes will appear more significant?

I've grown my hair out a few times and remember how frustrating it was for a long time. But there's something valuable in patience and you'll be happy enough once it gets to where you want it. And it will! :)

I need to treat my hair well or it will grow short. So many african american girls go to me how do you get it so long????? You're wearing tracks aren't you or a weave?! But I'm like no.

All you do is make sure to get a trim every month. Your hair grows faster if its trimmed (I need to start doing this again). Also make sure to not use hairspray that much or heat stylers. Let your hair air dry instead of using the blow dryer and if you must straighten/curl your hair use some sort of protection oil or spray. Another thing which may sounds gross is don't wash your hair everyday (a thing african americans/mixed people can't do)... It will strip your hair of the natural oils you need and make your hair all dry and more prone to breakage.

Another thing that helps your hair is vitamin e. Add some into your shampoo or actually just rub it on your scalp. Let it absorb and then you can wash your hair as usual.

Good luck :)

consume extra amounts of natural sources of Folic Acids(goats milk), & Grape Fruit Juice.

this will double up your skin cells, finger/toe nails, and hair and richness of hair/skin color.

I've been taking pregnancy vitamins for just over a year (i'm actually trying to have a baby) an one thing i've also noticed, as COTB has, is that my hair has grown really really fast. Not only that, but my nails have become far stronger and they're also growing quickly. Definitely look into it. I take Swisse Pregnancy Ultivite :)

Since stopping using shampoo and hot water my hair has grown noticeably thicker and quicker. Also, after one particularly messy night where I became comatose after a horrendous amount of "substances" my mate decided to shave my head. I remember a hair-dresser 'friend' of mine telling me Olive Oil stimulates hair growth. Whether accurate or not she was correct, I do not know but alas it's worth a shot. It did seem to grow in pretty quick when using the oil....quicker than I would have expected at least.

It would seem Biotin/B-Vits/Folic Acid/Freezing cold water/Stopping shampoo/hair spray/chemicals seems a pretty decent way to do it.

Goodluck. It will all be over before you know it.

Thank you guys so much! I bought some biotain today i really hope it works fast! I appreciate all your comments.

Also does anybody know if i take more biotain if my hair will grow faster? like 4 a day instead of one? or is that unhealthy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think there have been any reported cases of biotin overdose, but do not overdo the recommended daily allowances. You can only absorb so much, and biotin is also reliant on other vitamins to function properly. Eating a healthy diet normally covers most things, but I guess it isn't always realistic. I would recommend a Vitamin B complex instead of pure biotin if you feel you need it.

Agreed, don't take more than the bottle recommends. More vitamins isn't necessarily better for you.

Recommended dosages are calculated for a reason. Your body probably can't process any more than what's recommended in a 24 hour period chances are you'd be wasting the product if you take more than the suggested dose. :)

Last edited:
I haven't read through the whole post but I saw someone wrote frolic acid, and I wanted to say definitely. You can get it over the counter and don't need an rX for it anymore. It grows your hair really nice and made mine really really thick too!
I had to stop taking it because while in the hospital my hair was falling out too much from being so thick!

Also, just so you know, it makes your nails really strong too. They'll grow really fast and get stronger so keep that nail clipper close!

Good luck :)

Eat jello, take vitamin E, or if you got the money invest in some HGH or growth hormone releasing peptides. The latter two will make your hair and nails grow like a fucking weed, you will notice daily growth.

I'm on a GHRP and steroid that leads to increased IGF-1 levels and I need to shave everyday, trim my nails everyday, and hit the barbershop a lot. If I wanted I could get a haircut weekly but I got better things to spend money on lol.

You cant speed it up as fast as you would like but you can do a bit. Try taking some hair supplements, I used Profoll. And get some flax seed oil, that helps the condition too.

Prenatal vitimins. Take em before bedtime so they don't upset your stomach. Do not dye or use a straightener/curler/krimper. Avoid hair dryers as well. Wash your hair every other day rather than every day, and shampoo only the roots/condition only the ends.

My hair grows 2x faster than average, but some of that is just good genes.

Pryithione Zinc shampoo like head and shoulders also helps, it makes the entire strand of hair and scalp super healthy.