• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Trying to crush op OxyContin

Thank you for a reply!!!!!!!

No, although I asked for Dilauded's [oxymorphone] -- and he wanted to go with the 40mg 12 hr OPs. I'm going to tell him the adverse effects [and have always told him the truth for the 10 years I've known him, about EVERYTHING I do. I used to go in and get blood tests to check how clean my coke was... lmfao]

I'll be asking him if he can switch to the Opana [still an ER medicine, hopefully less nasea] and put back on tap either my oxycodone 10s [or an IR morphine sulfate for breakthrough] 2-3/day for breaththrough with no acetominophen, [loved railing those pinks ... ahhhh -_____-'' ] or 1-2 15mgs. I'm also thinking of Zohydro, but I believe that has acetominophen? Can't have any of that b/c of my GI issues. Do you or anyone else have input on whether morphine has a lesser or greater effect on causing nausea?

And obviously with crushing the "easily crushable" opanas, I would want a small dose of the whole pill if it was intranasal, correct? As an ER med blasted all at once is a large ammount hitting the system? And a similar question with Dilauded, does it have a benefit and equal painlessness of intranasal use?

Thank you again for your reply. I look forward to formulating a safe, effective plan for my treatment here. I just can't say what I'm posting HERE to my doc, as he would not approve of intranasal use. Thank you to everyone, I rely on this information and your higher education to follow the mission this site has set out to achieve: Safety in use.

Thank you all.

Yeah stay away from anything with acetaminophen due to long term effects. As for the morphine and nausea, most strong opiates will give the nausea feeling ime. It takes some time for your body to adjust to it but the feeling will go away in time. Also a lot of MS tend to be like the OP's and will gel up in your nose. There are a few brands that are snortable but I can't recall what they are off the top of my heads you would need to do some research online for that. To me it def sounds like you need to tell your doc that you're in need of a breakthrough med along with the ER med. sounds like you're still suffering in pain with just an ER med. MY advice is to just formulate a plan with your doc, just go in with some knowledge about the ir meds and come up with a game plan. Good luck!

Right on, thank you. As per the insulfatable brands, I've been told Opana is the only one [will re-read this thread] that is still non-tamper proof. Cannot thank you enough, and I will probably be asking for 2/3 breakthrough PRN 10mg o-codone w/ no Acetominophen. He'll probably go with two, but that's actually where I'm at. And great to know the nausea effects go away. I'm taking a prescription anti-emetic just to take it. Can't imagine the nausea suffering from people that take this at 80mg 2x/day, omg what they must be going through. Thanks for the info also on how they [morphine vs contin] are basically the same in terms of nausea. I should probably stay in the opiate class as that's where my tolerance is highest.

Anyone else who wishes / has something to contribute, I'm happy to take any and all advice! :) Thank you once again.

Opana ER brand name is tamper proof. There is a generic, however that can be defeated and the IR Opana can be crushed and taken intranasally.

Ive read an interesting study conducted on reformulated Oxycontin and how to defeat the time release. Apparently what they found was "vigorous chewing" can defeat it. Problem is the defintion of vigorous chewing and some of the data is blacked out.

But I agree with eviloner, being honest with your doc and asking for long acting meds for around the clock pain control and short acting for breakthrough is the way to go. This is the standard of care and your doc will understand.

I heard chewing pills of most kinds can be AWFUL for your teeth [learned this during my extacy phase.] -- Should I try and ask him for a shorter term IR med? Maybe a 3x/day [8 hour] and get the defeatable one, -- or am I better off literally getting more pain meds in general keeping the OPs ---- [or something -- since I'm having breakthrough, can anyone recommend a favorite brand? [I always found yellow norco 325s [qualitest] were stronger and more demanded on the street, than the watson m367 -- because the yellow qualitests were stronger, within that acceptable margins. Does anyone know of a "high margin" med that's in this department?] --- and then getting the included IR meds, maybe get lucky and instead of 2/3 pinks [oxycodone 10, no aceto] -- maybe I can get my doc to go with a 6 hour IR med like opana? Perhaps only 2x/day, but obviously would be the best outcome IMO.. ?

Either way, I'm not sure about the idea I had originally, unless I hear a good, good review about snorting IR opana [which I'll be searching for.] -- I think I'll enjoy it as an added benefit instead of the oxy 10s, and enjoy orally. OR stack for the zombie Apocalypse. :3

Thank you all and PLEASE KEEP REPLYING! Sharing is caring, knowledge is power!

EDIT: Just derp'd myself, and forgot Opana is oxymorphone. So I guess replace the Opana IR references with ... oxycodone IR? Recommendations incase MD is willing to go above my old oxycodone 10s for breakthrough pain, that is in the opiod category, or input that oxymorphone/morphine if I'm able to get it is a more enjoyable pain reliever? Thank you.

EDIT2: Forgot to mention my oxys were Roxicodone. :)

Last edited:
Opana is Oxymorphone dilaudid is hydromorphone. Did you have roxi 30s? If so were they M's, A's, or the big 225's? I used to slam Roxie's aka blues all day long

No, the Roxis were the pink 10s, :p sorry. I wanted the blues too, which I thought were 20s?

NEWS THOUGH! Back from the doc, his conversion chart [per my aunt, who looked it up for me, ER / RN Nurse / Medivac for over 30 years] -- appears to be wrong, per her (in my favor, being that his conversions tell him what is really more is less.] -- but here's the news.

Saw my doc, told him about the breakthrough pain. Made it very important point. He was VERY against adding an IR med, because he knows my past. So he went with 30mg Oxymorphone [Opanas!!! :D] ER 12 hour BID. Am I to understand both the ER and IR versions of opana are crushable, or is that understanding wrong?

Anyway, on it's face, oxymorphone is 6-8x stronger than morphine [per my aunt], and that's stronger than the dose of Oxycontin I was on when you convert oxycontin>oxymorphone. I know bluelight has a conversion chart for opiods, but I'm not sure if that's only equalling out the morphine dose to all other meds, or if all those med's dosages are equal. [everything on that page, at that dose, is the same...?]

So on it's face, I'm sad I didn't get an IR med, but happy of course that I apparently got my ER meds upped a shitton. [Shitton per my aunt as well.. LOL. She said this is about the highest level of meds I'll get w/o being a cancer patient. But that's not set it stone either -- just what she said.] What does everyone think, have to say, have to recommend? And once again, thank you!!! All replies are very much appreciated.

News: Opana ER is really expensive with blue cross! Fuck me blue 136 dollars for one month, with insurance! >___<

Bad News: Opana ER is more solid than those goddamned Purdue OPs! >.<

Good News: Going to feel out 30mg dose [~3 hours ago], anyone have advice on opiod tolerant oral recreational doses? :)

And as a new question: What would anyone recommend I go after next? He was blatant about not wanting to add an IR for the breakthrough [knowing my past], he gave a nice increase in dosage [even counting for conversion.] I could always ask about Fentanyl, but that's not something I'm very familiar with. And I think he'd say no... I know in the next month or two he's going to give me valium to change out my benzo; 10mg 4x/day and sublingual. :) .... I know there's also morphine sulphate, but he said if I was having moderate nausea on the OPs with the strongest, and highest dose of anti-emetic he could prescribe, the morphine would probably cause the same or worse nausea.

Do I go for the 40mg Opanas? Do I try for morphine, and if the nausea is too bad, change back and re-evaluate? Here's a list of the pain meds blue cross doesn't charge an arm and a leg for, and may not be a complete list of all pain meds:

Codeine-acetominophen - can't have 'cause of GI issues
fentanyl patch and lozenge
methadone [dont want that]
morphine, +er and ... suppository. Wonderful.
oxycodone with or without [I'd be without, GI] acetominophen
tramadol [fuck ultram it's a joke...]
and everything else is at least 7x my regular copay. [They don't have generics yet.]

So before I call and price them, find the cheapest ones, here's the list of what blue cross charges a lot for, but I would PLEASE LIKE YOUR ADVISE as to which would be more desireable / recreational / inhalable if possible.

Avinza, Butrans, Exalgo, Fentora, Lazanda, Nucynta+er, Opana ER [Do I maybe ask him for the opana IR? Since it's not on the arm and leg list that MEANS it's regular. @____@' 6x 5mg a day, that would be AWESOME....] -- oxycontin, Gel-one, gyalgan, supartz.

Thank you so much! And I hope my info here has been beneficial to anyone lurking for info..

Dude... It's about pain relief, right? I think you're overthinking things (no offence).
You say your doc won't give IRs for breakthrough pain. That leaves Opana, OxyNeo, and MSContin (?) Asa well as generic OxyContin,and Fent.
fent is out. So is generic OxyContin for the same reasons he won't prescribe IR meds. Opana and Neo are probably equally expensive.
how are the 30s working? If they're working fairly well but not terrific, just get bumped to 40s. If they're making you sick, dizzy, cramps etc try the Neo (though they're harder to digest).
ive never had nausea from any opiate. Perhaps it will settle with some use.

I looked at that study. It almost seemed as though they had identified an enzyme in the saliva that accelerated the process of release, but, as you said, much of the document was blacked out. I have seen marginal success using a ped-egg or microfile to turn the pill into powder and swallowing it, but chewing is purported to be more effective (I have done this as well, but am unsure which seemed to work better). And yes, if you get the opana ER tabs, ask for generics. Even if you don't have any interest in crushing them (which you certainly can), studies have been conducted in which entire opana ER tabs (name brand) were passed whole through the digestive tract and were found in the stool of patients... anybody who's ever tinkered with one of those pills can probably attest to the fact that that they are made out of some bulletproof poylmer, lol

I can state definite le that in some patients, the neos aren't fully absorbed , especially if you have gastro issues like me.
I can't digest tomato or a pea, how am I going to get thru polymer?!
Anyway I was hesitant to ask for IR or generic ERs as I felt maybe my doc had a comfort level with these being unabuseable. So I told him the truth . Even given the 12 hr estimate, I'm not even close to the pain relief of equivalent IR med!
That's when he said it's well known to have absorption issues with people w bowel disease. So we titrated up.
IDK if it's my body or what, but I still find coverage spotty and uneven instead of continuous. It NEVER lasts 12 hours, and when I take exactly as prescribed I wait TWO FULL HOURS for the first half to kick in, then at 5.5-6 hours for the rest. By nine hours, I hurt again.
But I'm still grateful bc nobody else wanted to help at all :(
It's so frustrating when you're examined and they look thru your history and are blown away your not on massive doses of pain meds, but then no one wants to be the one to prescribe them!
Mentioned this to my GP too on first pain visit and got a knowing smile.

The Morphones are actually as he said, much less nausea. I found a 60mg dose was a nice recreational limit for me. 90 would have been too much. OxyNeo, I'll have to look that up. So I guess it'll be Oxyneo or Oxymorphone, maybe I can get bumped to 40 -- or, multiple 10s or 20s for varying effects based on need / want. Sounds good, let me homework Oxyneo and I will repost. Thank you everyone!

Neos are a reformulation of old school OxyContin. The patent on OC is done so now pharmacies carry generic OC at a fraction of the price (and arguably better bioavailability ) of Neo but if your Doc is in any way hesitant, accepting Neo with a smile would be prudent. At least IMO .
If it doesn't work fill out a pain diary and bring that in so he can see you're serious.

I looked at that study. It almost seemed as though they had identified an enzyme in the saliva that accelerated the process of release, but, as you said, much of the document was blacked out. I have seen marginal success using a ped-egg or microfile to turn the pill into powder and swallowing it, but chewing is purported to be more effective (I have done this as well, but am unsure which seemed to work better). And yes, if you get the opana ER tabs, ask for generics. Even if you don't have any interest in crushing them (which you certainly can), studies have been conducted in which entire opana ER tabs (name brand) were passed whole through the digestive tract and were found in the stool of patients... anybody who's ever tinkered with one of those pills can probably attest to the fact that that they are made out of some bulletproof poylmer, lol

are you referring to these?
10616195_767708059956622_7933408037550584954_n.jpg

That's what I've got from my fill. Should I ask my doctor, and if so, why for in the notes, and what should be written in the specifics of the order, to write specific instructions or notes on the RX? Should I have it changed and tell him that I think I need the 40's, given his unwillingness to provide an IR med? Thank you for the info.

I think those are the ones. The ones I'm thinking of are red and biconcave (sunken in on both sides). We call them rubbery pancakes.

Sound familiar?

I would tell him that you don't think these are absorbing, that you did some research and noticed that a lot of people complained about not being able to digest the name brand. Ask him if he would be okay with letting you try the generics as nobody seems to have that problem with them. If he refuses to allow you to try the generics you could ask him to bump your mg's, but I think getting the generics would be a better fix. The name brand pills really don't seem to be nearly as effective. I had to chew my 40mg name brand ER tabs into bits (which was shockingly difficult) in order to feel them at all.

The oral bioavailability of hydromorphone is somewhere between 5 and 10%, and when the pills aren't digesting readily, that figure drops considerably. The bioavailability shoots up to 30-40% when insufflated (a considerable jump), but since you aren't interested in sniffing your pills, a fatty meal (fast food or something), a glass of grapefruit juice or an acidic soda, and a glass of your choice of alcoholic beverage (which, oddly enough, helps hydromorphone metabolize) can all help you bump those numbers up a little bit. If you add an antihistamine to the mix, you can actually boost the oral bioavailability to a whopping 15-25%. Of course, all of these figures/stats vary from person to person, but it should give you some idea about how ineffective swallowing these pills can be to begin with. Taking this into consideration, it makes sense that your medication can be rendered useless when constricted by an ineffective ER mechanism.

Last edited:
since u say u want to parachut this is best and is what i would do. get a shot glass of cokacola or a soda with phophoric acid and let it site in there for 24 hours, or as long as u can wait atleast till its dissolved. it makes it IN fucking STANT release. i would go as far to say u get a rush.

or use a hose clamp and grind the pill long ways down the hose clamp using it like a cheese grader

what should be written in the specifics of the order, to write specific instructions or notes on the RX?

I think your doctor has to specify "name brand" or "generic" in the prescription details. Ask him to specify "generic" so you can avoid the 'pancakes'.

since u say u want to parachut this is best and is what i would do. get a shot glass of cokacola or a soda with phophoric acid and let it site in there for 24 hours, or as long as u can wait atleast till its dissolved. it makes it IN fucking STANT release. i would go as far to say u get a rush.

or use a hose clamp and grind the pill long ways down the hose clamp using it like a cheese grader

A hose clamp is useless for grinding most of the ER pills we are discussing here. I believe this suggestion has been made multiple times in this thread already.

A lot of people seem to use an acidic solution to break down OP tabs, but I'm not sure how effective this method would be with the opana (Although having a microfile handy to break down the name brand pills is almost essential). I think the antihistimine/single alcoholic drink/fatty meal potentiation combo is going to offer the most noticeable results when trying to increase the potency of hydromorphone, but you have to make sure your pill is going to dissolve or none of that is going to matter.

Want to post an update, I've had a few more passive agitations to my injury, mostly the neck area. I'm now on 4x 20mg oxymorphone a day, [40mg at a time, 12 hour release, at morning and night.] I also was able to lower my rx price, and get the generic [I think] When my doc heard what I was paying, he agreed to write me a 90 day script to mail in, reducing the price from what would have been 600 over three months, to a 90 day supply that cost ~230. -- It had to be special ordered from the WAREHOUSE in Illinois from caremark, from manufacturer, because the Caremark warehouse had NO oxymorphone at all to fill the script. [Yes, out of three main warehouses, there was NO oxymorphone.] I'm hearing the FDA backup from the chaos of hydrocodone rescheduling is causing major backups and problems. Since we were worried [after waiting 5 days] that they still could not procure the 360 20mg oxymorphones to fulfill my 90 day mail in, I went back to my doc and he prescribed me ... 150 30 MG OXYCODONE INSTANT RELEASE W/ NO ACETO!!!!

:D ZOMG.

Anyone that wants to comment on similar experiences, use experiences, or how awesome either of these are... please contribute! Let's talk about safe rec. use! And please remember, to any and all concerned, I have SEVERE back trauma consisting of over 5+ bulging discs, 5 pinched nerves, and I believe now a SECOND vertebral displacement. So this is validly prescribed and I am not a junkie with no reason to have any such type of medication. This is completely legitimized.

Edit/PPS: Just remembered, since I got the generic [ I believe -- Morphone 20mg reads g73, green.] -- is it crushable? What would anyone put as a price on these if they are crushable ERs? not to mention the 30mg IRs... ? O___O

Update: They ARE crushable. What a great insulfating experience.

Last edited: