• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

What did you do to get off your butt today? vs. "Butt's off the floor!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

modern buddha

Bluelighter
We've yet again made it to a thousand posts, everyone and with the new year up and away, I know half of you have made "getting in shape" your new year's resolution.

Let's hear your workouts, guys!

Yesterday: half an hour of general stretching exercises
Today: my first full hour of body weight exercise in over a month.

Last edited:
So far, I've been working on my coffee mug lifts :)

Planning on doing 15 min on the bike trainer, then finally checking out these gymnastics rings that I picked up. Should be hilarious.

yoga and pushups not much today but i am still hungover from new years weekend.

Very well, I deleted it. I didn't copy and paste that either I took the time to write it out.

Last edited:
i did like 10 minutes of strength training today :|
75 crunches, 35 situps and some planking (yes its an exercise). hopefully i can do more tomorrow, just gotta buncha HW to do :\

Today I did 20 minutes of a boxing circuit (burpies, lots of punching pad work, 50 sit-ups) followed by 10 minutes on the stationary bike (averaging 31km). My arms feel like jelly. Really trying to tone my arms, so boxing is required at least a few times a week. My aim is to achieve Sarah Connor status. ;)

65 degrees in Denver and its winter, went for a three mile run and did some yoga.

3-6 games of full court basketball three nights a week

tonight is one of those days

Stretching, some pushups, bridges, crunches, and curls.

Haven't been to the gym / worked out in a few months so it feels good.

I did 70 minutes of yoga, then hiked up the mountain island nearby. 1800 ft (almost 600 meters) elevation gain in 2.5 kilometers of walking. Very intense. I went at a fast pace, basically jogging, and reached the top in 45 minutes, which is fast compared to the official estimate of 1.5-2 hours walking. It took me an hour to hike down at a more subdued pace. Now I feel wonderful!

Yesterday we did a bike-ride of approximately 20km averaging at approximately 18km per hour. I also did a cardio and toning session using Your Shape on the Kinect. :)

My hip is still giving me grief :( so i'm being a little more gentle with myself and sticking to daily pilates. In saying that, i'm amazed at the number of tricep dips I can do now.

^ughh I feel you on that one.

Haven't been running lately because my hip has been screwed up as well. Today was the first day I jogged/walked in at least a week. My hip wasn't too bad, but it still hurt a bit afterwards. I did about 4 miles. Tomorrow I'm doing a long mountain hike with my friend, so hopefully that will burn some much needed calories and stress.

I did a cardio and toning session on My Shape, and tried a Zen Thai-chi class. It was a really nice way to finish up. :)

I'll do another 50 sit-ups before bed. Today (Sunday) is for gentle exercise.

^ughh I feel you on that one.

Haven't been running lately because my hip has been screwed up as well. Today was the first day I jogged/walked in at least a week. My hip wasn't too bad, but it still hurt a bit afterwards. I did about 4 miles. Tomorrow I'm doing a long mountain hike with my friend, so hopefully that will burn some much needed calories and stress.

What mischief have you done to your hip, hon? Mine is a posterior rotation of the right hip. It fully seized up the other day; I was at the physio for 1.5 hours :( I seriously can't wait for my pilates classes to start again. I'm increasing to two a week now. I'm tossing up joining a gym again, but feel my money could be better spent elsewhere if i keep myself busy at home. I just want my hip to be better!

Hip bursitis is my baaaannnne. :( Believe it or not, a mixture of apple cider vinegar, honey, and water twice a day takes the edge off the inflammation (for me, anyway). It's worth a shot if you're sore. As always, though, ymmv.

Collecting some plants from the wood today for my medicine cabinet. Mostly bark, but we've had a really mild winter thus far, so I'm expecting presents of the mycological variety. I'll be out 'til dark!

Status
Not open for further replies.