• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

What did you do to get off your butt today? vs. "Butt's off the floor!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ What are "circadian rhythms", if you don't mind me asking?

Got up at 7:30am today and got to the gym at 8am. Speedwalked and jogged for 20 minutes (trying to get my body to like running, dammit!), then worked out the good old bust:

60lb dumbbell chest presses
bodyweight dips (on the side of the bench)
Machine chest presses, 50lb
35lb dumbbell fly
Incline chest press, 40lb

Was about to leave the gym when suddenly... SPINNING!

So I did an hour of spinning today, as well. :D

monday
deadlifts 5-3-1-1-1
225, 275, 295, 315, 325

then three laps as fast as possible of
5 pull-ups
10 dead-lifts, 135 lb
15 push-ups

tuesday
5-5-5-5
overhead dumb-bell press @ 75 lb

4 rounds of
5 one-handed overhead dumb-bell press per hand @ 50 lb
7 front plate raises @ 45 lb
5 one-handed overhead dumb-bell press "arnold style" per hand @ 35 lb
7 side arm raises @ 15 lb

today
4 sets
box squat, 5 @ 175
unstable weighted step-ups, 7 @ 70 lbs and 24"
unstable box jump, 7 @ 24"
(i put one of those wobbly stability platforms on an 18" box to make a wobbly 24" box)

3 mile run to studio
25 jumping jacks
25 mountain climbers
10 burpies
3 rounds of sparring
3 mile run back home

one mile jog
6 sprints up 200m hill, with walk back down recovery
one mile jog

legs are really angry at me about yesterday.

^ What are "circadian rhythms", if you don't mind me asking?

my bad - that shouldn't be plural. Also if you have no idea, why don't you look it up?!

Today I have gone for a power walk (well, I do a lot of walking...I NEVER include that in here! Hmmm...) in the morning for half an hour.

Did 45 squats just before lunch.

About to start my daily isometrics in a min, and will follow it up with my dips and start my pushup work-out again later this evening if I'm not being a social creature.

my bad - that shouldn't be plural. Also if you have no idea, why don't you look it up?!

Because I beat you up a little bit in the other thread. ;)

Moreover, when it's something I have no idea what it's about, I like to get an insider's opinion on what to look for first before hitting the Google button.

Is it dealing with the right sort of timing to exercise?

Went to the gym yesterday morning, completely forgetting that I had work in the morning. hahaha, I'm so glad I work so close to home!

Hit the elliptical for half an hour and did back workout afterward (before realizing what time I had to be at work, of course).

Yesterday I went ice skating with the person above me who forgot to mention it in her post. :p

It's the most active I've been in awhile, so I'm counting it as exercising. :-/

Last edited by a moderator:
going to get lost in the woods, mental and physical reset after a night of celebrating %)

This weekend has been rest-filled as we've had house guests :) It's been lovely, but we'll be back on the horse tomorrow.

Because I beat you up a little bit in the other thread. ;)

Moreover, when it's something I have no idea what it's about, I like to get an insider's opinion on what to look for first before hitting the Google button.

Is it dealing with the right sort of timing to exercise?

Went to the gym yesterday morning, completely forgetting that I had work in the morning. hahaha, I'm so glad I work so close to home!

Hit the elliptical for half an hour and did back workout afterward (before realizing what time I had to be at work, of course).

nah it's your body clock pretty much...if your body is tuned into nature properly then 5-6 is the optimal time to exercise/work really hard.

Done upper body isometrics, after a few miles powerwalking.

This week just gone I've spent walking (hiking and plain walking up hills) and wandering all over Auckland.
My bum and legs are still sore, haha. :)

I just did two full cardio boxing classes and two fitness games. Sore legs are more sore now! Lots of kicking. My FAVOURITE. :D

Last edited:
- 50 min. elliptical (wanted to do 60 but the gym was completely empty besides my husband & I and the staff were eyeing us to get out :\)
- 30 min. walk to/from

I know I don't tend to think of house/yard work as exercise BUT this time I shall. I moved and stacked 3 large piles of wood and carried heavy stumps up a small hill. This was after the cross fit work out and I am sore all over.

Today 2 mile run.

Status
Not open for further replies.