• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

What did you do to get off your butt today? vs. "Butt's off the floor!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played some tennis this morning.

I've been a bit under the weather (WDs), so will get back into proper exercise as soon as I can. Until then, yoga and exercise I actually enjoy is all I have the motivation to do :(

Haven't had a cigarette in 2 days. Last night speed walked over a few large hills to my friend's house instead of driving there. It took me about an hour. Walking is for sure my favorite exercise.... I could walk forever!
Excellent!! Go you! Get those endorphins pumpin' girl :)

Tonight I somehow managed to drag my arse outside in the cold winter's night to do some stair climbs and hill sprints. SO glad I did. I was so close to chickening-out cos it's too damn cold in Sydney tonight.

^

rockysteps.jpg

:)

Worked yesterday and walked around. Got called in today, but will still go for a walk after work.

50 min weight traning session...have gained SO much muscle due to creatine monohydrate! (it really does work!!!)

Just under 20 min 3 mile run. Averaged about 6:20 for the first mile. So far getting better each time I take to the pavement.

So here is what I do:
1/2 hour with whatever weight training machines appeal to me that day (always abs) ,1/2 hour on elliptical, 1/2 hour swim and 10 minutes on either end of the workout exercising my ego by changing in the women's locker room with all the young hardbodies. Believe me, that takes strength!=D

here is the herbavore challenge though (and a painful admission): before I turn 60 I just want to be able to do 5 push-ups. I have pretty strong arms but I have never in my life been able to do even ONE push-up without ridiculous strain. I've had people watch me to see that I am positioned right and they say I am. Anyway, my goal is to once again be able to do 5 perfect cartwheels in a row and to do 5 real push-ups before I'm 60. That gives me a until December 29, 2013. (Place your bets now.=D)

Did something besides mountain biking for once. 16 mile hike through the Pfaelzerwald. Was really beautiful, and involved a bit of wine tasting from the local wines.

yesterday 90 min Ashtanga class with the husband
today 3.2 mile pavement run with a friend who is doing his first 5K this weekend.

only isometrics and 60 shrugs today, just been temp ill last night after too much of something the eve before...oh shit I forgot a 3 mile power walk into town in the am.

Last edited:
160 Jumping Jacks

Then, carrying 20 pounds of dumbells:

26 lunges

120 calf raises (60 each side)

25 squats

I'm trying, man.

started out as a 5.4 mile trial run. I fell about 2 miles in. Left shoulder, arm, hand, and chin took the brunt of it. I said aloud that could have been worse. Second fall in a year. First time to hit my head. My effin jaw muscles are sore. I ate dirt. I had to run 1.5 miles in a short cut to get back to the car. My legs are fine. Reality check. Must strap phone to self.

5K trail race in 23:32. 1st in my age group (29 women 34-39)

For those who compete do you leave thinking I could have done better?
I stopped 3 times. My mental game was off. Frig :(

Status
Not open for further replies.