• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

What did you do to get off your butt today? vs. "Butt's off the floor!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hip bursitis is my baaaannnne. :( Believe it or not, a mixture of apple cider vinegar, honey, and water twice a day takes the edge off the inflammation (for me, anyway). It's worth a shot if you're sore. As always, though, ymmv.

Collecting some plants from the wood today for my medicine cabinet. Mostly bark, but we've had a really mild winter thus far, so I'm expecting presents of the mycological variety. I'll be out 'til dark!

^yeah, mid 50's here at night, should be freezing. ive actually had bees in my house for the new-year.
:D

long hike with a friend. best exercise for the mind and body that I know of. well besides dancing of course ;)

Had a nice run about 2 and half miles and did some yoga time to get ready for work.

I had planned a run this afternoon but after vomiting twice :)() Busty suggested I have a rest day. :(

blahhh feel better lady! rest days are okay!

tonight stretching stretching stretching. guess i haven't done a steady uphill climb in awhile because I think I broke my ass :p Its so sore it hurts to bend down and sit on the toilet!

Made it to the gym.. Biked 5 or 6 miles did a little lifting and pull ups. Getting back into a rhythm after being sick for a week straight..

It's been sitting in the mid 30s (C) in Brisbane so i'm sticking to indoors strength training for the most part, with some light cardio. :\

blahhh feel better lady! rest days are ok!
Thanks hon', I felt really down on myself yesterday for not doing anything.. Guess it made me realize how much importance I place on exercise.

It's been sitting in the mid 30s (C) in Brisbane so i'm sticking to indoors strength training for the most part, with some light cardio. :\
OMG HOW SWEATY IS IT?!! And it's going to be worse tomorrow. :(

We did a run after work and despite stopping right at the end and dry heaving, I achieved another personal best!! I really feel like I can get into the 'rythym' of running now - something amazing as I have never really been a runner at all.
We arrived home to find Rocky II on the TV so of course I had to do some boxing, haha. Just a short circuit plus 20 sit-ups with punches.

Feeling good now. :)

I try to get out and walk EVERYDAY. Some days i will walk a little and then run in intervals to keep my heart beat up.

I wish i could just go out and run the whole time but I can not handle that yet so i am trying to work my way up there

I have been "running" since July and still cannot make a trail the whole way without stopping a few times. Pavement...I can run 5 miles and not stop. The woods is different.

Keep it going!

I agree with you PI. I'm still starting out on this whole running thing, but each time I get out there and do our little circuit I get better and better! I've noticed significant improvements over the last two weeks especially - I'm now at the point where I can get into a 'groove' and my chest doesn't feel like it's going to explode.

The secret is doing it again, and again and again and recognizing yourself any small successes and improvements. It only gets easier and more enjoyable as you are able to start appreciating your surroundings, too. :)

Last night I did two cardio classes, two fitness 'games' and two Zen classes on Your Shape on the Kinect. Legs are so sore today! :D

30 squats, isometrics, and 45 dips - I need to pick my challenges up again, get back to weeks 5 & 6 =/ - they got put on hold and I gotta rebuild :(

I've started sitting on an exercise ball at my desk at work. It keeps me from slouching as much as I normally do, and I lean back and do crunches whenever I get frustrated :D

30 min. elliptical hard
10 min. bike ... got tired of that and wanted to make silly faces at my husband so I went back to the elliptical
30 more min. on the elliptical

walk to/from w/o the hill because we had to go to the store but longer walking than with the hill

Pilates class last night, tonight will be more strength and resistance work. I've caved and am going to join the local gym, as i'm really missing my body pump classes.

Status
Not open for further replies.