• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin new with questions - using IV - missed suboxone

gudenhi

Greenlighter
hi, this is my first post- i frequent this site for info when im curious or freaking out and overreacting about something gone wrong while using. i never talk about this stuff, i' always trying to hide it so this is a little weird for me. i've been using heroin IV on and off for 2yrs. i also use suboxone, sometimes IV. there are a couple of issues i'm curious about now..

let me start by saying i have an incredibly hard time hitting, it usually takes me several tries and sometimes up to 20 min to hit a vein. needless to say i have several injection sites and track marks. while using different "veins" i notice different shades of blood. what does each color of red indicate that you hit?(ie vein, artery etc..) also, does anyone have a lot of trouble hitting? i've been told i dont drink enough water, but i think there's more to it..

this evening i used approx. 4mg suboxone IV. i believed i missed part of it- i shoot slow and draw back a few times to make sure i'm still in the vein(they're slippery lol and it falls out easily) and sometimes blood rushed in the syringe, then it would draw slowly or not at all, so i have to pull the needle out a little and somehow it finds the vein again.. i tend to get impatient and so i just shot the rest and think i missed some because it wouldnt draw back at the end. my arm got tingly, and now (about 2hrs later) my forearm, hand and fingers are still tingling. i don't notice an abscess. what can happen when you miss a suboxone shot? what can those inactive ingredients that ur supposed to filter out do to you? i'm also impatient with filtering... :\

Shade of blood will indicate how saturated it is with oxygen. Blood going to the heart (deoxygenated) will be darker, oxygenated blood (from heart) will be brighter red.

It sounds like you hit a nerve or something. I've done that before where I get a shartp pain then like numbing/tingling sensation running down my arm or in my hand. If your whole hand/arm swelled and it moved away from your heart then you hit a artery atelast with part of your shot.. but youd probably know if you did that lol, so I think you just hit a nerve.

It will take like 1-2 weeks to feel better in my experience.

Also, if you are bad at IVing, two things. 1: don't shoot suboxone. It's fucking 100% pointless besides the higher BA. And if you miss you are very likely to get an abcess if you dont micron. 2: shooting 4mg is a huge dose of suboxone (equal to like 12mg sublinqually) and its a fuckload of powder.. don't shoot more than 1mg at a time.

Also it sounds like you didnt filter.. like no cotton? If so thats fucking horrible. Expect an abcess. If you did filter with a cotton just keep an eye on it.. i've missed a shot of subutex (never anytthing NEAR 4mg though) and was fine.. I filter with a very tight cotton and it comes otu practically a clear solution though.

I cant imagine just throwing a suboxone into a cooker and just sucking it into a syringe with no cotton filter then missing a shot. Thats like a 90% chance youll get an abcess. Just htink of all the shit that does not dissolve in water thats now sitting in your body.. orange crap lol

I think shooting suboxone is definitely worth while because it will last a while and you dont have to do as much. Also Ive missed some suboxone and subutex shots plenty of times and most of the time i never filtered it and i doubt theres a 90% abcess rate. Hes right about shooting 4mg, now that is pointless. I used to do large amounts until i realized less is more with bupe.

A few things about finding veins. One thing that brings your veins out is heat. Ive never had to deal with this problem because my veins are great thank god but ive seen some unfortunate people. So you can do pushups or exercises to heat your body up or you can get a hair dryer which works too. Also even though its painful there are some good veins in your hand or you could always go with the bulging ones in your neck(jk, well kinda ive seen people do it tho)

i didn't realize 4mg was a lot. i figured if i gotta stay away from dope, im gonna try to get a little high.. there was no abcess.. i did filter, but only once.. my veins really do suck tho. when im around other users, they asked to take the challenge, mine are hard to find. i think heat is my best option esp since im always cold.. sub shooter, i notice people like u and ur big veins, i get so envious lol

get micron filters. you can make a solution with a lot of suboxone with just one micron filter and store it in a sterile vial for a couple weeks. there's a thread on it here by captain heroin.

Talking about getting your veins up, why dont you try all or a few of the suggestions at once? I can gaurantee your veins will be so much easier to find if your body is well hydrated, it really does make a huge difference and thats not just one cup of water, I mean drink 4-5 cups over the day and continue till next day and you will notice a difference, use a tourniquet and have a hot shower beforehand, if you can maybe even have the shot in the shower. One other thing that helps is physical exertion, go for a km/mile long fast paced walk or run and you will find it a lot easier to hit your veins.

You really do need a micron filter if your going to inject pills, just because they dissolve easier than other pills do doesnt mean there isnt insouluble particles getting into your bloodstream and vital organs. Im not saying you are stupid but injecting pills without an appropriate micron filter is really, really stupid and WILL lead to complications that could easily end your life. Pill particles will get stuck in your lungs, liver, they could build up around your heart and brain and eventually break off and could easily block off a pathway to either or any of your vital organs possibly creating a stroke or heart attack or many other conditions. Most often we hear of the fillers in the pills get stuck and built up in people lungs and create all kinds of nasty "consequences" as I like to call them. Injecting pills is very, very dangerous, much more so than just injecting heroin or other drugs that have usually been tailored to injecting drug users(IDU's).

In other words it is very bad and unhealthy to be shooting pills and extremely unpleasant what could happen to you if you continue, even if you stop theres still going to be pill particles lodged around your body but hey if you stop now or at least take the appropriate precautions then you can minimize the harm you are surely causing youself. You can be the most efficient cotton filterer on this planet, even double, triple or quadruple filter and there will still be insoulubles in your soloution. Micron filters are really your only option if you want to be even remotely safe, they will become your saviour if you decide you want to continue. Its such a massive shame that most countries dont give out micron filters for free like we do. My local needle & syringe program gives out 3-4 sizes for free, you can get as many as you want, the only thing ive ever asked for that they didnt have was butterfly needles.

And dont worry ive been where you are, im on IV'd heroin now and I injected Oxycontin and Ritalin for years and for at least half of that time I was only using cotton to filter and im sure i have suffered the consequences and surely will be for years to come, I just hope I havent used enough to cause heart problems or anything else really, learning of all these awful, scary things that can happen is what eventually drove me to smarten up and start taking care of my body. The reality is that pill junkies dont last long, on average nowhere near as long as a heroin or meth user.

Lastly I personally think IV bupe is pretty much pointless unless you have very little and you need to ration it but apart from that reason I think its silly, I have never got a high from bupe fullstop. Im currently on 8mg bupe and I plug it because I seem to get a different dose every time I use sublingually so using it intra-rectally gives me a consistent dose every time, it lasts a long time and comes on very quickly too so thats why I do it. I could IV it fairly safely but I dont really like the way IV'ing sub makes me feel, maybe its the naloxone? I dont like track marks on my arms either, with the frequency that I inject these days I never have track marks and its always very easy to hit a vein, ive only ruined one of my veins and that one vein was due to shooting pills, since I started using a safer and cleaner technique I havent lost the use of any of my veins.

Anyway be safe man, please take my advice, im not just talking shit this advice could save your life man! Im not just saying that.

Last edited:
shooting up suboxen and what is a micron filter? different than a cotton?

This is my first time ever posting something I just made an account on this site and I'm not the most articulate person but I really hope someone who knows a little will respond to this I'm very interested. I've used heroin (IV) for 4 years & have never heard of a micron filter..what is that? its different than a cotton? Also about shooting subs I've only tried this once and it was because I was very dope sick and all I had was a suboxen 8mg...the orange ones with an 8 on one side i'm assuming thats 8mg...anyway I wasn't even sure it would do anything or if it was even ok to do this but I was "feening" extremely bad. I know your supposed to wait until your well into your withdrawls before you take suboxen so maybe I didn't wait long enough but oh my gosh after shooting it I immediately thought I was going to die...I didnt know if I was going to stop breathing or puke or what but it was an extremely scary experience thank god it didn't last to long maybe 10- 20 minutes or something...pretty much I'm wondering what happened? I figured you just weren't supposed to (obviously they don't tell you to) shoot up subs and I was being an idiot. I read above about people shooting up subs so it sounds like people do. I've never felt that way before..why was that?

That was precipitated withdrawal. Explaining what that is exactly and why it happens is a bit more complicated.

That is actually not a precipitated withdrawal. Im not sure if its the naloxene in suboxone or what but if you IV a suboxone, even when its time to do so coming off of opiates it will give you a very unpleasant feeling for about 15 mins similar to an anxiety attack. This will not happen with subutex the first time you IV coming off of an opiate. Which makes me think it is the naloxone. So if all i have is suboxone what i do is take about 1-2 mg of suboxone sublingually first and then after about 2 hours and Im sure that its on my receptors then i start IVing it and im always fine.

I have a lot of experience with IVing bupe(suboxone, subutex, and buprenex) and Ive gone from heroin to bupe and opanas to bupe and oxy to bupe dozens of times probably hundreds now actually. Ive gone through prec withdraw a few times too and its very shitty. But i can tell you for sure that what you experienced is not prec withdraw. Ive talked to numerous other people and they have all had this same thing happen to them when IVing suboxone for the first time coming off of an opiate. Its ok to IV suboxone when bupe is on your receptors but if you have an opiate on there it will make you very uncomfortable the first time you IV it even if you are withdrawing bad.

thanks ketaman. i dont think i'll be shooting subs again. first of all, i can't access micron filters.. second, i'm re-thinking a lot of things i've been doing. i just watched the ben breedlove video. im kinda speechless.

IMO I would switch ROA's to a non-IV/injection route if it takes you that long to find a vein. :) You can plug or snort a liquid solution.

4mg IV is entirely too much for a single shot as well.

I don't think you were have the instant withdrawals......if was probably cotton fever. If u were iv-ing and using a cotton filter a peice of the cotton got on the end of the needle (you wouldn't even notice it) and you probley injected that also and for about 10 to 20 minutes you will b really sick its a horrible feeling....well anyways thts just my opinion