AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the S+G social thread vers. NFL offseason = S+G offseason

axl blaze

Bluelighter
Happy Holidaze to all my S+G homies!

season-greetings-weed.jpg

I just want to say thanks for another year of entertaining me and thanks for being around a place where I get to vent all my sports related frustrations/exclamations!

it gets pretty heated here, but I wouldn't trade our banter for the world. I'm constantly impressed by the quality of discussion here, who woulda thought BLers could be so educated?

may your team always beat your rival, may your NFL team always be on prime-time, may your team always play on Bowl Games on or after January 1st, and most importantly - may you always keep coming back to S+G!!

Sweet Buds . Fuckin wicked day and gonna drag the shit out of it tonight and continue the christmas retardiness tomoorow

Happy Holidaaze been getting stuck into these all day/night, next one in about 5 mins in for S + G
guinness_what_every_man_really_wants_for_christmas_01.jpg

Merry christmas. Hope everyone is having a fun and safe holiday season.

Last edited:
Care - despite being a Bay Area sports fan I have to admit that you are probably the most fresh addition of S+G this past year or so

for that, I hope that Santa gave you whatever you wanted. he might have even wrapped mountaintops + university aged women most specifically for you this Holidaze season :)

^How did you know what I wanted :p

Looks like you got some good buds there, for an east coaster that is.

Can this be S+G Social Thread?

Last edited:
man i'm in so much pain

i was just getting good at nba 2k12

then, suddenly i knocked over my 360(why i even had it positioned standing up, i dunno) and well, when that happens the game within gets 404'ed

i miss that game, and i guess i'll just have to re-buy it

i just finished my first 14 game season too

fuck i wish the real nba had a 14 game season, one game a week like the nfl

nba is weird, i don't really have a favorite team, i like every team besides the lakers, heat, bulls, magic, spurs, and mavs

^How did you know what I wanted :p

Looks like you got some good buds there, for an east coaster that is.

Can this be S+G Social Thread?

haha, I'm pretty lucky here in Ohio we get some really good buds. usually ranked about #8 in the Nation

we do need a social thread here, eh? though you all have to admit I have to be the most lax mod around. I don't think I've ever even bitched if we got off topic here. tbh, I am just happy to have the more traffic :)

Thats cool, Ive never been to the east coast but I hear horror stories about prices and quality east of the Mississippi. Regardless, I doubt you could compare to the stuff we have here. And I'm lucky enough to know people that are in the business legally, although I dont smoke that much anymore.

What did everyone do for the holidays?

Last edited:
i've never been to the west coast

but if i do

oregon(eugene), idaho, montana, colorado(morrison...red rocks) washington(spokane), and northern cali(palo alto)

^ You should make your way to Yosemite if you're ever in California. Its the most fantastic place ever.

nice story. I've seen a couple limbless wrestlers in my day. and the strange part is that they don't even match up to the most bizarre sight in my wrestling days - female wrestlers. I felt really bad for the lower weight guys who had to wrestle a girl. women can do whatever they want, more power to them, it has nothing to do with that. it's just that you can't win when wrestling a girl because even if you do win it's expected, and if you lose, well that's not good either

what is the toughest sport everyone has done? mine would have to be wrestling by far. it was just unreal. I have no idea how I did it for so long. the hardest part wasn't even the wrestling part. cutting weight and then trying to maintain enough mental focus to beat your opponent in a match was. it was my favorite sport and it helped me out immensely for footbaw season

S&G social needs more video games, physical activity is so last century.

nice story. I've seen a couple limbless wrestlers in my day. and the strange part is that they don't even match up to the most bizarre sight in my wrestling days - female wrestlers. I felt really bad for the lower weight guys who had to wrestle a girl. women can do whatever they want, more power to them, it has nothing to do with that. it's just that you can't win when wrestling a girl because even if you do win it's expected, and if you lose, well that's not good either

what is the toughest sport everyone has done? mine would have to be wrestling by far. it was just unreal. I have no idea how I did it for so long. the hardest part wasn't even the wrestling part. cutting weight and then trying to maintain enough mental focus to beat your opponent in a match was. it was my favorite sport and it helped me out immensely for footbaw season

I totally feel you man. At my first ever wrestling match in 4th grade I got matched up against a girl. Thankfully I won or I might have quit wrestling then and there.

There was a chick on my wrestling team in high school in my weight class. We had wrestle-offs to decide who was varsity for each weight class and she was better than everyone in my weight class except me. I gave her a concussion one time (on accident) during a wrestle-off and she quit for good after that.

And yea, wrestling is an intense sport. I used to get so nervous before tournaments. So much pressure with both teams watching you the whole time. And 2 hours of practice 5 days a week +school +weekly matches took up a lot of time.

oregon(eugene), idaho, colorado(morrison...red rocks) washington(spokane)

i some how feel worldly, having been to these places, and surprisingly, i think idaho is the prettiest of them all, really. Red Rocks is awesome and concerts there are mindblowing, but idaho has dunes. like real fucking sand dunes. and their mountains are like.. blue! i know that doesn't make any sense but it doesn't look like the mountains in colorado. it's a really strange pretty and fuck nazis for taking it over. wyoming is also gorgeous, empty open vistas that seem to go on forever! really beautiful country. i think the best part of colorado is the western slope, crested butte and gunnison. i didn't go there much because i'm not a skibum nor did i care for driving for ages, but crested butte is the shit.

tumblr_lskae3rqoG1qe3qya

oregon and washington kind of are the same to me. the columbia river gorge is striking and it rains a lot there, i don't know what to say besides that. i went out into the woods in washington and pretended i was in a twilight movie. the hipsters in portland throw cool secret parties along the river. the pot is amazing, of course, but boulder bud is better. i will say that i thought it was incredible that the sun didn't go down until like.. after 10pm there in the summer, since you're so fucking north. i felt really far apart from everyone and spent a lot of time on the phone with my friend who lived in Hawaii, because i felt closer to her in Oregon than my family in Arkansas or PB in Georgia.