• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the S+G social thread vers. NFL offseason = S+G offseason

that's the beauty of the PGA season, it begins during NFL playoffs and ends during week 2 of the NFL season

sundays are awesome, all year round man

come join us

Meh, im not so into golf.

It's not all of em. Out of the countless gamestops near me there is only one that I use. Unlike all of the other ones they don't want to argue with me about why I should buy game x instead of what I actually asked for. They are also always working which results in me spending minimal time waiting for them to finish talking amongst themselves (wouldn't want to be rude).

So I guess my advise would be to find another one. They're all over the place around here anyways. Took me years but I finally found one close to my route to work. The weird thing is that this one is in a much busier area but, because they actually work there its a much better experience.

Until today I hadn't bought any games in the two years, so I decided to stock up on some titles I've been wanting to get to. The guy at the counter is chatting loudly and obnoxiously with his buddy about how much some customer sucks while two people are waiting in line. Then his friend decides to pre-order Mass Effect 3 and it takes about 10 minutes to complete the order for some reason.

I put five games on the counter and he stares at me, then asks "Are you acquiring all of those?"

"...yeah"

"Oh too bad..."

It takes about 5 minutes to complete the purchase because he has to find the games and put them in the cases. As I walk away he says to the person behind me "Sorry man, I should have let you go first." The fuck? Sorry for spending $250 in your store dude.

I've been to about a dozen different Gamestops over the last 10 years and it seems like a majority of the employees are either incompetent or total dicks. Is it in the job description or something?

IDK man, all yall seem to be in similar boats. 10 minutes isn't that long of a time, neither is 5 minutes, to get upset about. That kid sounds ridiculously immature though, or socially underdeveloped. Gamestop probably attracts those types of kids to work there though.

I must say I'm quite surpirised to see this still open after three staff members posting. There's absolutely no question this is blog material.

OP, if you feel you didn't get the customer service you deserved, then the appropriate thing to do is speak with this person's manager or otherwise file a complaint of some kind.

because they could be at home orgasming (a.k.a playing video games) right now. instead they are stuck working!

and to the person who said its because they work at gamestop, well something tells me working at gamestop is their DREAM job

plus they have to so sick of these damn people buying shitty games and trying to trade in scratched copies of parappa the rappa and expecting more than a dollar for it

Ive gotten out of the habit of playing recently but I used to play disc golf multiple times a week. The one common attribute I notice among good disk golfers is long arms. It really helps to have a larger arc when throwing those disks (although strength, technique and release are also vital). I can throw about 350 feet on a good day but ive seen guys at the course I go to approaching 500 feet, which is insane.

I use innova disks, wraith, starfire, xcalibur and Valkyrie are my favorite drivers and I use a dart for putting.

I must say I'm quite surpirised to see this still open after three staff members posting. There's absolutely no question this is blog material.

OP, if you feel you didn't get the customer service you deserved, then the appropriate thing to do is speak with this person's manager or otherwise file a complaint of some kind.

How is it blog material? Thats one way to end discussion lol.

plus they have to so sick of these damn people buying shitty games and trying to trade in scratched copies of parappa the rappa and expecting more than a dollar for it

this, once you deal with the "general" public for a while you realise collectively they're arseholes :p

Lol "discussion" 8) Please

OP is bitching about gamestop, plain and simple.

in this forum, you're allowed to bitch about whatever you want, as long as it pertains to either sports or gaming. and this is a discussion, he asked a question, didn't he?

you're derailing the thread - please drop it

Gamestop employees are a bunch of shit scum 90% of the time. When they aren't trying to get you to sign up for something or getting you to pre-order something that sucks, there is always some emo-tard in there who thinks he is God's gift to gaming. This enables him (not usually a her, but just let me finish) to make broad comments about games he has played and to put himself on a pedestal in front of everyone in the store. When Halo 2 came out, these guys were making me sick with all their jive ass blathering that I said fuck GS for at least a few months...

Also, I can't stand it when I mention I am looking for a certain PS2 game (usually an RPG) and the employee snorts. You got a sinus condition, or are you just a condescending fuckface? Yeah, I'm looking for Star Ocean: Till The End of Time. No, I don't care if you didn't like it or think it's too old. No, I never thought to upgrade my system, Mister Early Adopter. I then will ask (nicely) if he has a few other games, and he will make a face like he just got kicked in the balls. "Radiata Stories? That game was sooo for little kids"..You must have confused me for someone who cares about your taste in games and your reviews, and you are sadly fucking mistaken! And Radiata Stories was not for little kids!

Finally, when they are not trying to give you pennies on the dollar for your trade-ins (they hate giving away cash and will do anything to keep it in their precious NCR cash register), they are busy pressing their views on politics and religion, and this has happened MULTIPLE times. To top it all off, when I went in to ask if they sold pocket emulator players (kinda like the Dingoo so I could play my old SNES RPGs outside), the guy even went as far as saying "SNES ROMs, totally, and why don't you break out your tape walkman at the same time!" He was looking for a laugh, but he almost got a chop to the fucking throat.

I'm sorry, but I for the most part hate those people. There is an older fat dude at the one near my house who is a cool guy, we talked old RPGs for a long time and he even hooked me up with a few of his own games that the store didn't have. He was an exception, but for the most part, the people there are beyond stupid...

The people who work at GameStop are the video game version of Record Store snobs. Just watch High Fidelity with John Cusack and that other annoying guy, and just imagine the record store is a GameStop, and you have a pretty solid, similar example..

I'm sorry, but I for the most part hate those people. There is an older fat dude at the one near my house who is a cool guy, we talked old RPGs for a long time and he even hooked me up with a few of his own games that the store didn't have. He was an exception, but for the most part, the people there are beyond stupid...
if you hate it so much, why on earth do you go in there?

:\

alasdair

if you hate it so much, why on earth do you go in there?

:\

alasdair

You have to get your games SOMEWHERE- GameStop is usually much cheaper when it comes to used games anyway. Other places like Best Buy and new game retailers don't even have what I am looking for...

Luckily, I found two stores that may not have the selection of GameStop, but have a wider selection when it comes to games made pre-1996. AND they sell vinyl records! :)

hahaha. keep the stories coming, that was a great rant Yaz

Man, Thanks, but the place just burns me up, and a rant was in order. I also had an outburst at Shell Gas Station the other day coming back from the methadone clinic, but that is for another time :)

You have to get your games SOMEWHERE- GameStop is usually much cheaper when it comes to used games anyway. Other places like Best Buy and new game retailers don't even have what I am looking for...
gamestop is hardly the only place on the planet for games. my point is that you have more control over this than you seem to think you do and you seem to almost enjoy the shitty service experience and participate in it willingly so that you can then rant about it later. i can imagine a number of reasons why somebody might want to martyr themselves like that but i'd be assuming and it's a discussion for a different place.

on topic, if you think gamestop sucks, take some responsibility for the issue and don't shop there. problem solved with a tranquil lack of drama :)

alasdair