• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the S+G social thread vers. NFL offseason = S+G offseason

I dont think the Niners are going to be as good as they were last year defensively

^ That is definitely a possibility, considering they need a starter on D-line and 2-3 more DB's. However I think that they have by far the best LB's in the league, and Justin Smith is a bad bad man. If he gets back to 100% healthy and we can figure out our DB's and get another solid nose tackle we will be solid. I think the majority of our 14 draft picks will be on defense, and if we can fill most of those needs then I dont see why they cant be as good as the last couple years.

Plus, on paper our offense is one of the bet in the league, something that wasnt true at all going into last year.

I helped my brother out by joining his fantasy baseball league as the 12th man. Unfortunately, the draft was last night and I was attending a friend's housewarming party. Surprisingly, the autodraft gods were good to me. I predict a spring and summer of watching far too many games and highlights.

there is a fantasy draft held at my house last night

I'm not in the league, but helped my dad with a few picks

mlb isn't really my thing, but it was a good time

and jake long was signed mainly cause of Justin smith, one of the only LTs that can block him 1on1

yo cr Jake Long had a pretty serious injury like idk if you think youre getting the same game who was on miami but youre not

yo cr Jake Long had a pretty serious injury like idk if you think youre getting the same game who was on miami but youre not

Pretty serious injuries, to both his shoulder(s) and knee(s), one of which would be critical enough to put a major damper in his career. Together they are catastrophic. He's been steady garbage for 2 1/2 years now. I was hoping the Phins could get him on a one year deal just to give him returning to elite status another shot, but I really don't mind seeing him go. No way I would pay him big money if I were a GM.

during long's 3 day trip to STL, ram's medical staff had him inside an MRI tube for over 6 hours, the physical was extremely demanding and detailed

they would not have offered if they noticed any significant damage

just stop.....

during long's 3 day trip to STL, ram's medical staff had him inside an MRI tube for over 6 hours, the physical was extremely demanding and detailed

they would not have offered if they noticed any significant damage

just stop.....

It happens all the time. The Dolphins would have offered him considerably more money if they felt he was healthy enough to merit it. The Rams are basically assuming the risk, betting on him recovering well enough from his injuries to be an elite player again. The odds of him recovering well enough to be his old self again are at best 50/50, but in all probability much lower.

the kid is 27 years old, treating sports injuries is more effective than ever, a bicep injury isn't going to ruin his career....

offensive lineman can play effectively into their late 30s

most of which overcome a significant injury during some point of their career

jake long is a freak, if he does suffer any kind of serious injury it will be because football players get injured, not because he was 'supposed' to get hurt

the kid is 27 years old, treating sports injuries is more effective than ever, a bicep injury isn't going to ruin his career....

offensive lineman can play effectively into their late 30s

most of which overcome a significant injury during some point of their career

jake long is a freak, if he does suffer any kind of serious injury it will be because football players get injured, not because he was 'supposed' to get hurt

I've said this before, but as a Dolphins fan, I can tell you that Jake Long is suffering from chronic knee and shoulder issues. Has been suffering from them for the past 2 1/2 years. The NFL retirement pool is littered with talented offensive linemen who couldn't recover from chronic knee or shoulder problems alone. His chances of recovering from both are very slim, historically speaking.

For some reason (likely due to it being a contract year) both the Dolphins and Long remained silent about the chronic injury issues this season, but have no doubt, they effected his play. The triceps didn't get injured until around week 13 or 14 or so.

i was going to take a jab at dolphin's front office, but nah

just gonna say i think jake long will be just fine, maybe not all pro, but effective enough to improve the offense

luckily if it doesn't work out, in the nfl you can cut a guy at any time, without too much of a cap hit

i was going to take a jab at dolphin's front office, but nah

just gonna say i think jake long will be just fine, maybe not all pro, but effective enough to improve the offense

luckily if it doesn't work out, in the nfl you can cut a guy at any time, without too much of a cap hit

Fair enough. And take all the jabs at the Dolphins front office you want, I fucking hate those guys.

Jake Long is talented enough to be just barely serviceable despite his injuries. One of those starters who is nice and solid, but you still want to replace him with someone better. It's not an awful signing (although I think you guys significantly overpayed), but I wouldn't expect him to be a gamechanger. He was occasionally awful last season, though. But for the most part, serviceable. Although he's been a little worse every year, so if the trend continues, he could end up being terrible either next year or the year after.

I've only been pointing all of this out for your benefit. It's nothing personal, or against you, or pro-Dolphin or anti-Ram. I've simply been attempting, football fan to football fan, to let you know not to get too excited about this. I know I am a homer, but you aren't a Gator or Patriots fan, so I have no desire to fuck with you for the sake of it. I honestly don't give two shits about the Rams. I'd root for them the way I did the Ravens last year if they had enough Canes on their team.

My internship has been going really well.

Im getting to know my boss pretty well and she really likes me a lot. She has indicated that im the front runner for the award they give out to the best intern (there are 12 or 13 of them) once a year. It comes with a scholarship for grad school, looks great on a resume, and an offer for a job in the organization ( not much, probably only like 13 bucks an hour to start) but its more than I make now and it would be a job in my field. She has basically said she will give me a job whether or not I win the award though

Im getting to know the CEO a little aswell. We went to a fundraiser breakfast for the local state assemblyman recently and tried to make some contacts. I got to meet the guy, introduced myself, shook his hand, got his e-mail and business card.

Ive never thought I wanted to get into politics but this recent experience is making me rethink the whole thing. If I could get my foot in the door for a real job somewhere I wouldn't have to mortgage my existence to go to law school and could potentially land a pretty sweet job.

As of right now im planning on taking a year off after I graduate in May. Ill use that time to travel, study for and take the LSAT. If I dont do well enough to get into a good law school ill probably end up taking the GRE and looking into options for grad school as well as applying for jobs i politics and governmental positions.

The downer right now is that I have 3 papers due and 2 tests within the next 8 days and Ive been procrastinating like a motherfucker. It is finally crunch time though and im in the middle of writing my toughest research paper. Goddamn bluelight for distracting me. Im going to go make some coffee.

I just applied to be a vender for target

the rolls of duct tape I cut(considering it's this shit from korea, I don't think the company we cut them for has exclusive rights on the material, hope not)

all I know is that they are so much better quality that the 'duck tape' brand that they currently sell at target stores

I want my product to be branded by target, cause I don't want to start my own business, just want a huge ass check from target, and going to need them to put up the money for all the material

the rolls they currently sell were 3.39 at my local target, they are 6+ dollars online

I bet they are paying like 2 dollars a roll to the supplier(from what I hear retail stores usually only make like 20% of what they pay whole sale), I can sell them better rolls for 50 cents a piece, retail price: 2.99......@300,000 rolls we both make over 100k...how can you say no?

if everything works out, i'll be making $150k next year, hopefully my boss accepts the $50k I offer to use his machinery/storage...pretty much plan to remain an employee where I work, I just work for 'free', will cut rolls for target on my own time

if I get rich, i'm not buying a cool car or big house, but i'm getting ram's season tickets for sure

my new avatar makes me cry with joy

even if the guy was a janitor, he is a great role model for children, men and woman

my best friend