• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxycodone and Quetiapine (Seroquel): Safe?

Michael_25

Bluelighter
If I take 30 mg of oxy and then two hours later take 400 mg of queitiapine (4 -100 mg Instant Release pills), will it be safe?

I know there is a synergy effect between these classes of drugs, but I don't know whether taking the Seroquel 2 hours after downing the oxy will adversely affect my respiration or anything else. So, will it?

I suffer from insomnia. And the only drug I have in the house right now to help me sleep is Seroquel. And yes, I do need large amounts of it to induce sleep.

If you're used to that dose of oxycodone and that dose of Seroquel you should be okay. I would try it with a lower dose of the Seroquel first if you can.

It will more than likely just obliterate the effects of the oxycodone.

Okay, good to know. After 2 hours I find the effects of the oxy to be all but gone. So the Seroquel won't be "wasting" anything. I was just worried about possible CNS depression from the combination.

Thanks for your reply, NeighborhoodThreat.

Sniffing oxy makes it last abysmally short for myself as well. Bugger, eh? Eating it lasts about 2x as long, but takes 3x as long to come on, ah well.

400mg is quite a bit if you're not used to it. I combined opiates (Poppy-Tea) with Seroquel all the time though at usually 100-200mg so you should be okay. Seroquel is not a CNS depressant so there's no real worry there. I believe the sedation from it comes from its anti-histamine effects. The sedation is very similar to that given from Diphenhydramine but stronger. You're likely to get hungry as fuck though. I know Seroquel increases my appetite a LOT. Even if I've just eaten something, I'll usually end up eating again once it kicks in.

Seroquel has both depressing and stimulating properties. It has adrageneric antagonism, which is depressing. It is also metabolized into norquetiapine which is a norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor that is sitmulating and a antichlorogenic that is depressing. OD causes low blood pressure and high heart rate.

Either way, it's antidopergenic effects greatly blunt any feeling of fun, so will probably ruin the euphoria. But it's antihistamine activities should be similiar to DPH (reducing the itch etc)

shady, the sedation does indeed come from H1 antagonism (antihistamine), this is also what causes the munchies (and perhaps serotonin effects)

Only take a small amount of seroquel... Like 25-50 mgs. Or it will make you tired and ruin the opiate high.

I would keep the seroquel dose as low as possible. As SerotonergicHaze (excellent post btw) mentioned, it'll kill the fun but would certainly get you to sleep if need be.

If the oxycodones effects are wearing off after a couple of hours, you should probably do something different. Oral is the way to go.

I was wondering the same thing, because I mixed Seroquel and Oxycodone and snorted them last night. The Seroquel really did ruin the high of the Oxy, but I wanted to make sure it was safe before increasing dosages. I'm really careful with shit like that, seeing to fact I've lost friends due to them getting addicted or overdosing immediately.

I found out laer that night I fucked up...

I mixed the Seroquel and Oxycodone, and I ended up sicker than shit! I threw up probably eight times.. I can't belive it. Ughh, I'm still sick to my stomach because of that.