• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What do you think is the hardest drug for people to quit abusing?

hightimes223

Bluelighter
There's obviously a huge list. Some people say nicotine, some say meth, some even say weed! What do you think? I would like to factor in the mental and physical struggles with quitting for each drug.

What do you think? What drug abuse have you seen people fail on trying to quit or eventually relapse or never get over? Or perhaps just reading or medical information on the subject of which is the 'hardest' for people to quit.

Peace

I have to emphatically say with no doubt in my mind...HEROIN!!!! I've been fighting this demon for two decades now and I've gotten to the "can't fight it anymore" stage. I am still wanting to quit but am sooooo tired from quitting, relapsing. slumming down in my hell hole for a few months or years, wanting to quit, struggling to get started on a detox, quitting,relapsing>>>>repeat for 24 years8(

Each person is going to say the one THEY have been addicted to or what they've seen friends or loved one's kick.

I saw this article yesterday that rates the 'top 10' and thought it might be of interest.

My vote would be for IV heroin or other potent opioids due to the combination of the severity of acute withdrawals, who protracted the PAWS can be and how intense craving can last for years.

nah. I have been addicted to stuff, and I didn't say I thought that was the most addictive drug. I just don't know every drug to make that statement ya kno

Yeah I was thinking heroin too.. never done it but heard it was the hardest or impossible to kick..

Never done it, but I'd imagine Heroin. Opiates in general, will always come back to bite you. I'd imagine Benzo's to be next. I think the hardest type of drugs to quit abusing are the ones that aren't necessarily addictive physically, but mentally.

I would also say Heroin even though I haven't personally tried it (definitely for the better). I've had a couple "minor" addictions in the past to both MDMA and cocaine but really after a few months of each I just stopped. Coke definitely had a pretty strong psychological withdrawal but the addiction was nothing compared to the Poppy-tea I was addicted to for twoish years. The worst thing about opiates (and I would imagine benzos too) is that it has both a terrible physical withdrawal and an equally terrible mental withdrawal.

But this question is equally dependent on what types of drugs you enjoy the most. I'm really not a huge fan of stimulants so those weren't nearly as hard to give up in the end.

nah. I have been addicted to stuff, and I didn't say I thought that was the most addictive drug. I just don't know every drug to make that statement ya kno

Yeah I was thinking heroin too.. never done it but heard it was the hardest or impossible to kick..
Good point.

My most additctive drug for me are Benzos, i can stop for weeks or even a couple months yet they are always in the back of my mind and pulling me in until eventually they have me back in there grip! :(

Probably Alcohol. Life threatening withdrawals and a culture that advertises and promotes is use is obviously going to be difficult for someone to quit when they have a problem with it.

Having been addicted to meth, heroin, benzo's, cannabis, alcohol, nicotine and many other drugs I can safely say the hardest ones for me were Benzodiazepines and IV heroin.

Benzo's will always be the hardest in my books.

Each person is going to say the one THEY have been addicted to or what they've seen friends or loved one's kick.

I saw this article yesterday that rates the 'top 10' and thought it might be of interest.

My vote would be for IV heroin or other potent opioids due to the combination of the severity of acute withdrawals, who protracted the PAWS can be and how intense craving can last for years.

I'm not going to vote as i think it would be IV Herion but I've never done it so couldn't really say, but I was interested to see GHB at No.10

i have been addicted to nicotine, amphetamine and ketamine in the past. since your question is ''what is the hardest drug to kick'', i'm going to assume it is heroin, benzodiazapines or alcohol. although i have never been addicted to any of these substances i imagine someone would have the hardest time kicking these because of the incredibly nasty physical and mental withdrawals they would suffer which in some cases can even be fatal, therefore, providing the biggest deterrant to quitting and also making the process of quiting the most unpleasant of any drugs.

however if you'd asked ''what is the most addictive drug and the one you are least likely to quit'', i would go with nicotine, because hey, at that triumphant moment when a heroin/alcohol/benzo addict finally battles their way through all the withdrawal and the pain and can say they think they're gonna be clean this time and back on level ground, you can bet they'll spark themselves a cigarette ;)

#1. Alcohol, it's always available, always around, and socially acceptable. Even when I stop drinking for extended periods of time I know I'll always go back to it. Sometimes I justg need a beer or some whiskey or some wine.

#2. Heroin. I've struggled with it, been off for a few months then I'll just say fuck it and hit up a hook. The entire time I drive there to pick up I'm thinking to myself "this is a bad idea, why am I doing this?" and a few weeks after that relapse I'm back to using it every day like the past few months of avoiding heroin and everyone associatd with like the plague didn't happen.

They're both very addictive, but I give alcohol the edge because I actively try to get off dope and I hope one day I can quit for good (got a month right now), but with alcohol I don't even pretend that I wont drink again.

After detox I went to a 30-day inpatient rehab not long ago for the following drugs: Heroin, Adderall, Klonopin, Temazepam, Ketamine, Ecstasy, Marijuana. By far the hardest drug for me to quit was the Klonopin. Withdrawals were terrible, I was going down from 8mg daily. I was tapered and then switched onto Phenobarbital which was not enough. The withdrawals lasted far longer than the Heroin, Adderall and the rest. In fact my entire 30 day stint, including the 5 extra days in detox, the withdrawals never fully went away. My back hurt like hell from the anxiety and my muscles would spasm/convulse. I knew that when I got home there was a bottle of Xanax 0.5mg waiting for me and I was planning my relapse when getting home. Xanax sucks compared to Klonopin but the Xanax would do. I abused the shit out of it and not long later I came across a mixed bottle of 2mg Klonopin and 30mg Temazepam. I haven't been able to stop abusing them. Just like I did before going to rehab. I can put Heroin down for a bit but when I know I've got benzos its all over and the bottle will be gone quick

I'd have to agree that while opiate withdrawal is horrible, benzo withdrawal make opiate withdrawal look like a walk in the park.