• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What do you think is the hardest drug for people to quit abusing?

In my situation I can do without opiates if I really feel like it but without benzodiazepines my anxiety is horrible which depresses me, I can't deal with daily stressors & I have muscle pains. After 10 years on them I feel like I "need" them, however I abuse them more than I should. I was told in rehab that PAWS can last up to a year...I simply can't stay sober that long to see if there is any truth in this. With opiates I simply feel like utter shit for 3-5 days but it goes away. Sure these 3-5 days I feel like I'm going to die and for a couple more weeks I feel depressed but it passes. I don't think I'm ever meant to be sober. This was my 4th attempt in rehab and it has yet to work.

actually just reading about this... you have to be dosing 24/7 but I would imagine GHB withdrawal would be the worst thing you could go through... the severity of alcohol withdrawal combined with the duration of benzo withdrawal?

I can't think of anything worse. I have such admiration for the few people who have done that, it puts my willpower and perspective to shame :|/

Each person is going to say the one THEY have been addicted to or what they've seen friends or loved one's kick.
To evolve this, its my belief that each person can be more easily consumed by one chemical than another given personal preferences so the answer to the question in that light will never be set in stone. However i'm sure that there is scientific data to prove which drug would cause worse cravings in conjuncture with other things or rather there could be someday(never checked and not going to). An example would be nicotine for me, I find nothing enthralling about it and somehow I seem to not become dependent on it. I almost find it insane that some people just can not stop smoking in all honestly but I know that my reaction to nicotine obviously isn't normal. So in essence whatever a persons true DOC is, would be the hardest drug for them to quit. You could get a person addicted to meth physically, but if the person truly despised the feeling I would assume they would attempt to stop or fill its place with another chemical that they enjoy more, wouldn't you? I know most stimulants make me feel like I need to run up the walls and rip everything apart because i'm a normally anxious person with already overflowing amounts of energy.

actually having a re-think about this one. i think xanax now. i still crave it from time to time and having taken some yesterday can say im craving it again. goddamnit panic attacks.

I'd have to agree that while opiate withdrawal is horrible, benzo withdrawal make opiate withdrawal look like a walk in the park.

I couldn't agree more. Benzo withdrawals will kill you if taking a high enough dose where as opiate withdrawal will feel like you're dieing but don't.

Initially I was gonna say Heroin is the hardest to quit. But thinking about it,I have stopped using Heroin before for a few months but have never been able to stop smoking cigarettes for that long. Bit hard to call for me though cos even though I did stop Heroin for a few months a few times now I always end up going back to it.
Nicotine or Heroin, too hard for me to decide.

I never experienced Benzo withdrawals, but Opiate withdrawals made me feel like my stomach was cramping up, as though I was gonna die. It felt so weird, like my body could shut down at any moment. I think a lot of it had to do with nerves, I was extremely anxious and on edge, considering my mother has just died.

The second time I was properly dope sick, I was just pseudo-sleeping or vomiting, until I had to go to work at noon for 8 hours. Only weed helped.

The first time I COULD lay around and do jack-all all day, so it didn't matter as much.

Recently wd'ing has become a cold and painful process...

we'll try this in DC. it may get merged or closed by one of the other guys however.

Whatever one where you don't feel you actually have a problem, or your addiction is "different".

For me it's nicotine. I can do without MDMA, ketamine, coke, nitrous, alcohol and LSD, but nicotine is my first drug in the morning, my last one at night, before the bus, after the bus, before going into the shop, after coming out of the shop. Animal of habit, gnawing away at my lungs. But I still don't wana quit.

however if you'd asked ''what is the most addictive drug and the one you are least likely to quit'', i would go with nicotine, because hey, at that triumphant moment when a heroin/alcohol/benzo addict finally battles their way through all the withdrawal and the pain and can say they think they're gonna be clean this time and back on level ground, you can bet they'll spark themselves a cigarette ;)

I don't! I find tobacco horribly disgusting in effects , taste, etc. - I never smoke cigarettes, only marijuana.

Gonna say opiates/heroin for me. While smoking fent my tolerance shot up so quick i could never maintain the habit, but with H it just developed over time. Was terrible to get off of.

I'm going to say that, for me, it was amphetamines (adderall), and I know that may surprise some of you, but hear me out...

I was a twenty-one year old college student and an education major to boot when I began taking adderall. I had a lot of work to do, a lot of lesson plans to write, unit plans and whatever else, and I always worked part-time jobs on top of everything else. In other words, man, I had a lot of shit that needed to get done.

I began taking adderall, and suddenly, I felt like the most capable and intelligent person in the world. I'd bang out a dozen lesson plans, write a couple papers, go to work, bang out another dozen lesson plans, go to my field assignment, come home, write some more papers... you see where this is going. I mean, I didn't need to sleep anymore or eat anymore and I become one unbelievable work-horse, and it felt so, so good. I felt more capable and more intelligent than anyone else. I became less depressed, and everything was great, until I tried to quit taking adderall...

It's not like after taking adderall you go back to feeling normal; you don't. I didn't know this, but I soon found out when I became even more depressed than before, even more unmotivated than before, sluggish, tired, and all-around just feeling shitty. I can't even describe it accurately enough because the experience was just so nightmarish.

The only solution, of course, is to continue taking the adderall. So, I'd quit taking it for a few days, but I'd soon be right back on it once I couldn't take it anymore. (I finally did kick it, but it took months and months and months for me to begin feeling normal again.)

It's just one huge mind-fuck, man, because you can't remember what it feels like to not be so amped up all the time. You feel like there's that thing missing, your spark is gone, you aren't the same as you were before, and you need to continue taking the adderall to feel normal.

Yeah, I can honestly say that, for me, adderall is it. I love opiates, but when I quit sniffing dope, I just feel physically ill for a few days. I might crave it a little bit, but in a few weeks time, all of that goes away. Not so with adderall... lasts months, man, and it's not so much physical as mental.

I'm torn between coke and cigrits for me. Gonna go with cigrits tho. Coke is expensive, so if I have no money I have no money and I'm not doing coke, cigrits on the other hand, I always find a way to find one when im Niccin'

For me, cocaine and ketamine. I haven't had cravings for coke in a while, and it's a silly drug, but once you've done it enough times you're hooked forever. Luckily, the last time I had coke it was of poor quality so I don't really feel inclined to do more, especially with the pricing.
As for ketamine.. it's alluring, to me. Because of my personality, we go together quite well. I always say it's the "magic drug" because it fixes everything.. it's perfect. Complete psychological addiction.

I just quit smoking a month ago and I'm really starting to see how addictive nicotine is as well..

Depends on which type of addiction the person finds harder--physical or mental.

IMO stimulants like meth have the strongest psychological pull and are more fiendish, while opiates and downers cause worse physical withdrawals. The fact that you can DIE from benzo/alcohol withdrawal says alot about the physical aspect of depressants. And I'm pretty sure meth has the highest relapse rate? Only about 10-15% get and stay clean? (Heard that several places).