• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Injection; IV Complications and Info MEGATHREAD & FAQ III Vs I Want Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are clearly very new and uninformed about IV drug use.. I would advise you do some serious research (there's a wealth of information on this site alone) before you bring a needle even close to your arm again. You are playing with the most dangerous ROA imaginable that causes more death and more complications than almost anything else drug related.

If you're going to do it.. please at least inform yourself to the basics..

Start here.

Thanks for the link^^
I havent shot myself up yet though a very experienced friend did

doesn't sound that experienced if he did that to you.

seriously, dont fuck around with IV if you don't know how to use it correctly.

Thanks for the link^^
I havent shot myself up yet though a very experienced friend did

Relying on strangers who may or may not know the important harm reduction aspects of IV drug use can be dangerous. If he couldn't definitively tell you the difference between an artery or a vein, or guarantee you that he didn't hit you in an artery, than he's not a good person to be showing you the ropes. Did you talk to him after this happened and as him what you asked us?

doesn't sound that experienced if he did that to you.

seriously, dont fuck around with IV if you don't know how to use it correctly.
He said i was fine he doesnt know about harm reduction and thoughy it was an artery ansd said he shot their all the time. I was over reacting, it was the vein that goes in the middle of the crook of your elbow down your bicep. I just got scared.

Also he said it was an artery "he thought" but arteries dont pop out of your skin like veins do and my arm never swelled or hurt when injected.

He actually purposely tried to inject you in an artery? He was under the impression that was what you're supposed to do?

Do me a favor man... NEVER let that person near you with a needle again. He's going to kill you.

He actually purposely tried to inject you in an artery? He was under the impression that was what you're supposed to do?

Do me a favor man... NEVER let that person near you with a needle again. He's going to kill you.

i just called him and he said he was just playin with me and that it was the main arm vein. So am i okay or what?

Ill say it again - no swelling, i literally did not feel it when he injected me, and its the spot that most places take your blood from (the vein shown in the link above)

Last edited:
i just called him and he said he was just playin with me and that it was the main arm vein. So am i okay or what?

Ill say it again - no swelling, i literally did not feel it when he injected me, and its the spot that most places take your blood from.

Well.. You just injected heroin.. so are you okay? Don't know.. depends on your definition of "okay".

Psychically.. yes you're probably fine. But I would definitely evaluate your life choices, man.

Quit while you're ahead.

*preaching over*

Thanks^.
But yeah i think i might just be over reacting like i always do

I used to all the time as well (with different things, but drugs no less).

I think it's just a sign you really value your health and don't want to do anything to jeopardize it. Not a terrible thing to worry sometimes =P

i just called him and he said he was just playin with me and that it was the main arm vein.

Your friend sounds like a cunt.

Did he think it was funny to make you worry like that?

I used to all the time as well (with different things, but drugs no less).

I think it's just a sign you really value your health and don't want to do anything to jeopardize it. Not a terrible thing to worry sometimes =P

im just worried cus my arm is sore and feels a bit weird but im pretty sure its from working out DOMS.

Ay, bro, CHILL. 8o

I get stuck with needles all the time, due to medical reasons & being in the hospital most days.. Lol. Anyways, what you are describing sounds like your friend may have just poked a nerve. Nothing to worry about. It may feel a bit strange or just "off" for a while but it'll go back to normal soon enough..

My advice to you though.. If you aren't able to clearly identify the difference between shooting in a vein & an artery.. Ya probably shouldn't be shootin heroin. I know it's typically the best ROA, but do some research before ever going around the needle again.. Plus you mentioned the possibility of having to tell your dad? That gives me the impression you're young, very young.. Heroins a strong drug, you should probably just stick to weed or some Vic's at your age.

Not tryin to offend you, but damn, you were freakin over nothin. A simple google check could of most likely answered your question..

Xoxo,
Kayla. 8)

Ay, bro, CHILL. 8o

I get stuck with needles all the time, due to medical reasons & being in the hospital most days.. Lol. Anyways, what you are describing sounds like your friend may have just poked a nerve. Nothing to worry about. It may feel a bit strange or just "off" for a while but it'll go back to normal soon enough..

My advice to you though.. If you aren't able to clearly identify the difference between shooting in a vein & an artery.. Ya probably shouldn't be shootin heroin. I know it's typically the best ROA, but do some research before ever going around the needle again.. Plus you mentioned the possibility of having to tell your dad? That gives me the impression you're young, very young.. Heroins a strong drug, you should probably just stick to weed or some Vic's at your age.

Not tryin to offend you, but damn, you were freakin over nothin. A simple google check could of most likely answered your question..

Xoxo,
Kayla. 8)

That's about the best second post by a member I've ever seen.. Hah.

Good work and welcome to BL.

That's about the best second post by a member I've ever seen.. Hah.

Good work and welcome to BL.

Lol, thanks. My chronic pain support group was becoming a tad bit boring, but I have just about as much experience in chronic pain as I do with my good ol' opioid friends. ;) lol, but thanks for the welcome!

Xoxo,
Kayla. 8)

your freind sound an idiot.

you do not joke about that kind of thing.

I really dont think your cut out for the gear life mate, stop right now is my advice & trust me I know what the heroin lifestyle brings with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.