• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Injection; IV Complications and Info MEGATHREAD & FAQ III Vs I Want Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a doctor, but my best guess is that particles from the cuts/inactive ingredients in your drug of choice are clogging the fine blood vessels all over your body.

Are you using a micron filter?

When I started injecting H I never has a problem. I stopped for a while and then did it again, which caused a histamine reaction every time. Took another break and this time got tar which I'd never done before (because I live in the east) and had a HUGE histamine reaction, exactly like I was stung.

Does tar usually produce more of a reaction or am I just getting more sensitive?
I was wondering also if anyone knows why I am seeming to progressively worse reaction with dope?

Sorry if this is not the right place for this, I wasn't sure?

So, I will post my question here then. I've gone through archives and can't find the post where was similar issue.

Anyway, long time iv user, sterile technique, but bad veins. I would LOVE to use different injection sites but it's almost impossible, so I usually turn back to my 3-4 sure ones. Today I tried my forearm cephalic vein. Everything was correct: tourniquet in the right hight, touched it thoroughly, vein wasn't rolling, a good 5-6mm radius... So it would've been absolutely no problem to hit. And I did. Needle was in the vein, I am pretty sure. But no blood. I tried the method when you start drawing back first the vacuum. So maybe this was the cause? That the vacuum was too hard and that's why I didn't register? But it seems ridiculous as this vein is huge and lively and probably all the other veins in his work are jealous of him being so veiny as vein can be... So why can't i register? I was most definitely in, gently poked around, touched the skin, then not so gently poked around, finally pushed THROUGH the vein but pulling back still no blood... Was my vein taking a vacation maybe? Needle too small? Vasoconstriction? What?

Or if anyone has good tips to get those good forearm veins that seem large and easy to hit but (for me) never are.

This is my first post, I'm quite worried as I have been using My femoral vein for a few months, I only do it on the weekend, recreational Mephedrone.. But this stuff was not wat it said on the tin :-(
I injected my artery by mistake, My gRoin is swollen now an a lil painful.... Wat di I do?
As I said I only do it on the weekend as the kids are at my Parents... Worried about going to AnE as they will know I am a mother and think the worst!!! I nvr have anything like this around my kids....
But I've been reading up on wat can happen and I don't wanna lose a limb....
Advice please :-/

This thread is missing the vein map for the arm. Can some mods work on getting that fixed?

did i hit an artery?

someone injected me with dope on the opposite side of my elbow and my arm feels a bit wierd? Im freaking out

it was in the crook of my arm, the same vein or artery runs down my bicep. Im hoping its a vien?

Your arm would go twice the size, your fingers swell right up, your whole arm goes red & feels like someone has put burning hot metal crossed with a huge electric shock into you.
Trust me you would know if you shot into an artery, it is terrible pain, there is no way you could do a shot without screaming out in agony.

I had a freind get me once & he shot .3 from a 1ml into an artery & it is really terrible pain, sounds to me like a miss which still hurts but is not even in the same league of what you think has happened.

Please someone answer i dont want to tell my dad i injected heroin and i need to go to the ER if its not an artery please i need help, there was no pain upon injection but my arm just feels weird now

Please someone answer i dont want to tell my dad i injected heroin and i need to go to the ER if its not an artery please i need help, there was no pain upon injection but my arm just feels weird now

Your fine, chill out :)

You would not be going to use a keyboard to type if it was what you think, trust me sausage fingers are not great to type with.

Are you sure? Im just really scared. No pain or swelling just a weird feeling in my arm almost like its fallen asleep. Once again its the vien or artery that pops out of your bicep and runs dowm the crook of the elbow, many doctors take blood from this spot

No pain or swelling

Yes I am sure, Don't listen to me then & ignore what I said in my 1st post.
I give up, good luck telling your dad you shot Heroin btw :)

what part of "Your arm would go twice the size, your fingers swell right up, your whole arm goes red & feels like someone has put burning hot metal crossed with a huge electric shock into you.
Trust me you would know if you shot into an artery, it is terrible pain, there is no way you could do a shot without screaming out in agony"
don't you understand?

Arterial blood is bright red and spurts out, whereas blood from a vein is dark red and flows thickly.

maybe you hit a nerve? this happens to my girlfriend sometimes and she reports the same kind of feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.