• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Injection; IV Complications and Info MEGATHREAD & FAQ III Vs I Want Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.
NEVER add heat to pharmaceuticals.... And if you're heating them and then running them through a micron filter while the solution is still even WARM, you are defeating the entire purpose of micron filtration and are letting all the non-soluble fillers pass through as you've made them temporarily liquidated but soon to resolidify likely in your bloodstream in the fine blood vessels of your lungs leading to premature death via pulmonary edema for example, all preventable, all stuff that the cold water + micron filter would have filtered out.

Opioids are FREELY soluble in water, and of all opioids, hydromorphone!?!? It's got one of the highest solubilities I have ever seen, topping out saturated at like 333mg per mL of water... Compared to the 50mg / mL of morphine gets.... dilaudid is one of the most water soluble drugs and one of the EASIEST opioids to prep, requiring nothing more than sterile equipment, including sterile cold water for injection. And if you need anywhere near a full 1mL of water, you have a serious drug problem if your injecting maximum capacity at 333mg/mL, a dose that would probably kill a room full of people if injected.

By the way, "flash boiling" does not mean applying heat for 10 seconds.... I bet in those 10 seconds you'll have destroyed more than 50% of the hydromorphone because it was not meant to be heated. DON'T APPLY HEAT TO PHARMACEUTICALS. Do a search, I wrote an entire thread on this topic that's far more detailed on why, picture proof and everything.

hi all

Yesterday I shot up in a spot I have used many times in the crook of my elbow. I knew there was an artery near this spot because I could feel a pulse but I had never had a problem before and I was mislead to believe that it would be near impossible to hit an artery with an 8mm pin. Well yesterday I discovered this was very much possible. I did not use a tie, stuck the needle in like I do every other time, registered.. everything seemed fine until I started pushing the shot in. It felt like hot liquid was running down my arm so much so that I looked expecting to see something dripping down. I quickly realized something was wrong pulled the needle out and watched in horror as my arm from my elbow down swelled up and turned very very red. I panicked ran my arm under hot water, cold water, held it above my head hoping to make the swelling stop and go down. Decided to take a shower and alternate hot and cold. the swelling went down within an hour for the most part and my arm returned to normal color.

I know that most people on here are not doctors, I'm not looking for medical advice. Just wondering if anyone could give me an opinion as to what happened? Was this most likely an artery shot? Has anyone experienced this and not sought medical attention and had no negative consequences? Everything seems fine now but it would be nice to hear from others that have experienced this. If this was indeed a shot into an artery it would be good for others to take note that hitting an artery doesn't always have the tell tale signs that I had been informed to look for such as different colored blood that shoots in with force, as I had none of that. also, if an artery it was not deep within my arm, I hit it with an 8mm at almost the same angle as always in the same spot I the overlying vein. only thing that signaled something went wrong was the warm liquid sensation and burning that was followed by extreme swelling and redness.

Again I apologize if this exact topic has already been covered and I somehow missed it. This is also my first post so I apologize if I did something wrong.. feel free to correct me.

^^

Not all arteries are deep. You can hit one with any size needle, that has nothing to do with it.

The biggest sign of IV'ing to an artery is experiencing a very intense burning pain when injecting, even though you are registering.

The smart bet is always to seek some medical attention. Keep an eye on it and make sure the swelling doesn't get worse.

In the future, if you ever feel any pain when injecting, immediately pull out and go somewhere else.

thanks for the quick reply! The swelling is completely gone but I am keeping a close eye on my arm to make sure nothing else is going wrong with it. Note taken that not all arteries are deep and out of reach of a short needle... unfortunately I was misinformed and learned the hard, painful way

I shot into an artery not long ago, and man, oh man, was it ever bad...

I'm still not entirely sure, at least not one hundred percent positive, but it must have been an artery; I can't imagine what else it could have been. It's just strange because I had taken the entire shot, the entire fucking thing, and hadn't felt the intense burning sensation until a minute later.

I had taken the shot, and then, after pulling the needle out of my arm, I thought that I had accidentally put my hand onto something hot. It was a particularly hot day, and the inside of my car was sweltering hot, and so I thought that maybe my hand had brushed against some exposed piece of the metal frame beneath my car seat. When the burning sensation grew so bad that it was nearly unbearable, and I realized that my arm was breaking out into an awful rash, I realized that something had gone wrong and I must have hit an artery.

It was so terrible, so incredibly awful, and I should have sought medical attention, but eventually the burning sensation went away, the swelling went down, and there seemed to be no permanent damage or lasting effects of any kind. I was lucky... and I'm much, much more careful now when I'm shooting up.

IV bruising

I have been IVing cocaine and I always seem to bruise. I think I may be puncturing through the other side, is this possible? How do I know how far to go? I thought it was just normal until I read somebody complaining about it. I looked for threads on the topic and they all were answered by a link that was 404'd.

Thanks in advance!

very possible, bruises are usually from blunt needles, missed shots, or going through the vein. If you are using a long tip Id suggest asking for a short tip(1/4 or 1/8 inch I believe?- I dont IV anymore)

Ha, but don't poke as hard though right?

IV cocaine leads to way more bruising in my experience than anything else. This is partly from the drug itself but mostly because of the compulsive redosing often associated with shooting coke. You get crazy and tweaked, constantly doing shot after shot, and after a while, you're technique becomes rough, your hands are shaky, you use the same rig, etc.

Question about IV morphine use

My boyfriend and I recently acquired the generic, blue 15 mg. morphine sulfate pills. He has shot them before multiple times, and knows how to prepare them. We prepared them, rigged them up. He shot his and got a nice rush, the common muscle cramps and amazing warmth rushing over your body... I shot mine, found a vein right away, got it in and had absolutely nothing. I felt my cheeks flush a little but that was about it. We both did 2 of them, meaning it would have been 30mg each which I feel should have easily fucked me up :( what could have gone wrong? He thinks it's because I take hydrocodone daily, usually between 20-40mg per day. I've only just started taking them again, as of about a week ago, and I was clean for at least a couple weeks of opiates before that, so I really don't think that would affect me having a rush from morphine or not... Any feedback would be marvelous, I'm rather irritated I just wasted so much money for nothing >.>

Last night my boyfriend and I both ivd some morphine sulfate 15mgs. They were the generic blue ones. He know how to rig them up and has done it many times before, so he got them ready and shot his. He got the typical rush; shoulder and back cramps, the rush of warmth and the instant euphoria. He then looked around for a vein of mine for awhile, found one in the back of my hand. He got it right away, then injected the whole 15 mg solution into my hand and I didn't feel a thing :/ he thinks it's because I take hydrocodone every day, usually only 20 mg and I only started this up again about 2 weeks ago. I don't see how that would affect me getting a rush from a morphine though.. Any suggestions? I read everything above and it's great information but it didn't answer my question :/

^
was it a small vein? Perhaps he blew it (shooting too much solution too quickly) or slipped through it. missed shot = no rush and so I guess registering is not a guarantee for getting of

^^It absolutely has everything to do with the hydromorphone, your tolerance, the relatively low dose of morphine and the fact that you still had opiates in your bloodstream when you shot up. You only really get a good rush when you don't have a lot of opiates still in your bloodstream, but even if it had been 12 hours or so since you used the hydromorph orally, that would have been enough to negate any rush you would feel from 15mg of morphine. If you had waited 24 hours and did a 30mg shot, you probably would have felt it. If you are planning on using something like 30mgs of morphine anyway, it's always better to do it all in one shot than to try to break it into 2 shots, if you're planning on doing those 2 shots within an hour or so of each other anyway.

Even a small shot that you can't feel will ruin the rush of a much bigger shot that you do immediately afterward. It's a strange quirk of IV opiates, the less opiates in your bloodstream the stronger the rush. this is why most IV heroin users will tell you, the absolute best rush you get is from the shot you do when you're going into withdrawal, but once you get that good rush, you have to wait a good 4-6 hours at least until you can really catch another good blast.

. this is why most IV heroin users will tell you, the absolute best rush you get is from the shot you do when you're going into withdrawal,

Ugh, sooo true. Hah. I sometimes purposely let myself as sick as I can bare because then the shot is literally orgasmic. There's nothing like it.

^me too, many times. Having a shot of heroin after a long and hard coke binge is also great. Whenever you feel like crap, heroin is the shit.

Wow I just read intro 2 injecting , & although I've been iv,ing 4 yrs. I really got alot out of it, after I read that I read acouple of comments about bruising & collapse & absess , I saw in 1 of the comments that some 1 posted pics of a bruise my question is , (because I'm new 2 this site) how did he post those pics , because I have 1 that I really think needs 2 be seen , I've shown it @ a couple na meetings & people have told me that I should keep it & always make it a part of my storey, it is A pic of MY hand & It shows worst case of what could happen when not knowing what tour doing ......so please help me post this I want 2 help n e 1 I can thanks brothers & sisters

Pain in my biceps 1 week after a nurse missed a vein

Im not sure if this is covered by any forum but I got to try at least.

1 week ago I went to hospital and a nurse install a catheter on my left arm right in the hollow of my elbow. I got to explain too that I went to hospital many time in a time of 2 weeks and I got like 3 catheter on each hollow of my elbows in total, the others nurses always put the catheter at a different place but this last one placed it exactly at the same place of another one, I asked her if it wasnt risky to place it there and she said no. Then she put the catheter then I became very painful and the site started getting inflated. So she remove the catheter and put another on my left arm.

I believe she missed the vein doesnt she ?

I still have pain at random place in my biceps some time at the injection site and sometime its at other place. The pain feels like needle going throught my skin, like small dots hurting me but not constantly.

Should I be worried ? Is that normal ? Will it heal by it self ? Was she wrong to use the same injection site ?

I'm not close to a doctor so I have no idea what the fuck a catheter is, but even if I did know I would still recommend asking your doctor again and report the pain. That's why doctors are there

Unfortunatly, seeing a doctor in my country is hard, specially if its not urgent. Though I have an appointement with my doctor in 2 weeks so if I dont get feed back here and that the pain is still there, I will talk to him about that.

BTW a catheter is a needle they put in my vein and leave it there for all the time im in the hospital so they can shoot up some meds or water to hydrate me without having to shoot my vein everytime.

Status
Not open for further replies.