• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Injection; IV Complications and Info MEGATHREAD & FAQ III Vs I Want Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey slow down lacster sounds like you're burning through those crumbs pretty fast :)

heh ! i know i am done with the needle today. was fucking getting irritated that i couldnt register on the last shot (probably because i feel GOOD from the addy plug and the bupre IV i have had earlier heh)

i have mupirocin cream for my pilonidal abscess, should i put some on my vein where i missed? or is the cream or is the cream ONLY for ass-abscesses?

EDIT: i put some mupirocin 2% cream on my right arm where i had the missed shot and did a warm towel compress for 10 mins. i will keep putting the anti-bacterial cream on the bump/scar for the next couple days and lay off the needle ( or atleast stop using that vein) or a couple days

Last edited:
ok so i had .4cc loaded into my barrel, filtered, sterile water, brand new needle.... i tie off the tourniquet, and get the needle in my left hand.

i flick the barrel and squirt a tiny bit out for air bubbles, and i prick myself. the first prick, i pulled back, and not blood....so i moved in the syringe a little deeper and to the right and at that instant i felt the "pop" and pulled back just a tiny bit and the barrel FILLED with dark red precious blood..i push down a little and the shot starts to hurt a little, like more of sting while it usually never hurts at all. i wa10s already half way through and i pulled back a little bit to make sure i was still in and more of a bright red came back? i was getting impatient and i pshed the remaining .2cc into my arm and with it came a little sting, nothing to really complain about, didnt hurt much at all. however, my shots are usually painnless so i was a little concerned about this.

did i miss the shot? was it because i have shot up about 7-10 with the same vein in the past 4-5 days in the crook of my right arm? did i go through an artery? did i puncture the vein?
there is no bruising and only a little red pin scar from the injection . no pain or anything really. i can put pressure on the vein and it is a little sore but does not hurt. i think i just have been using this vein too much and need to rotate around?? i think i am just freaking myself out and i pretty sure i hit the shot and it wasnt "missed" because im out of withdrawal either way, and i feel the bupre. even if i missed, i should stilll be alright right? the thing is there is no bump or bruises so i dont think it was missed, because it would have swollen up. the scar from the injection is going away fast and i dont feel any pain or any numbness??

thanks,
-lac

might have been an artery hit, probably not though, if it was you would know it. you'll be fine man. in the future try to be careful and keep the needle as steady as possible.

so my arm is doing a lot better. the antibiotics have been working well. there is still a pretty solid lump about an inch and a half wide, a half inch out. it is kind of numb and it feels like there is a muscle there. hopefully by next week it will be gone.

and dude, 4 cc's? really? that's part of the problem right there. I can't think of any reason why you would never need more that .8cc's, unless you're shooting like a half gram of ketamine or something with low solubility. if your shooting heroin the most you would need is like .5 cc's. when you shoot that much water you are asking for trouble, it's more pressure on your veins, and if you miss you have a couple grams of water floating around in your arm. if I were you I would never use more than 1 cc unless your shooting something that specifically requires it because of low solubility.

Last edited:
might have been an artery hit, probably not though, if it was you would know it. you'll be fine man. in the future try to be careful and keep the needle as steady as possible.

so my arm is doing a lot better. the antibiotics have been working well. there is still a pretty solid lump about an inch and a half wide, a half inch out. it is kind of numb and it feels like there is a muscle there. hopefully by next week it will be gone.

and dude, 4 cc's? really? that's part of the problem right there. I can't think of any reason why you would never need more that .8cc's, unless you're shooting like a half gram of ketamine or something with low solubility. if your shooting heroin the most you would need is like .5 cc's. when you shoot that much water you are asking for trouble, it's more pressure on your veins, and if you miss you have a couple grams of water floating around in your arm. if I were you I would never use more than 1 cc unless your shooting something that specifically requires it because of low solubility.

He said .4cc's. not 4. That'd be a shit ton of solution.

I would make sure that I tied off in a way that I held the string/tie/tourniquet taught in my mouth, and all I had to do was move my head, like turning my face away from the taught tie, which would undo the tie and release the tourniquet. That takes a lottttt of practice though.

I think it can be done pretty easily actually. The tourniquet can be looped around the arm and tucked under itself, then put the end leading from the tuck into your mouth. Just be sure to leave enough length on the "untying" end to reach your mouth but not have too much slack. Hopefully these pictures will explain it better.

Here's a few handy diagrams on tying touniquets for easy release for anyone interested:
NSFW:

image_thumb%5B6%5D.png

TourniquetInstructions.gif

tourniquet.jpg

tying.gif

^ cool thanks that is pretty neat. i was using a belt that didnt have that little notch thing that i was able to loosen and tighten with my mouth or with one hand.

^ cool thanks that is pretty neat. i was using a belt that didnt have that little notch thing that i was able to loosen and tighten with my mouth or with one hand.

I used to use a "rigger" belt. (That's the actual name of it lol). Its the kinda belt with two metal rings that you thread the belt through and pull on the end to tighten. I'd put belt over basillic vein in bicep, run belt through both metal rings and double back to tighten and hold with teeth. Push pin into vein, register, let belt go from teeth whole holding pin in place, re-register, and push off

Whatever your tourniquet of choice, just make sure it's sterile, and that you release it prior to injection. Not doing it doesn't always cause a burning sensation or anything, so one may think all is well, but constantly injecting without loosening the tie does a number on your veins and they'll be unusable way way faster. It puts too much pressure on the vein causing a lot more damage a lot quicker.

thanks or the advice guys, i really appreicate it!

my veins are looking better as i havent tried to poke myself in over 24+ hrs, no abscess hsa formed and i can still feel a pulse through the right-am vein so i know it is still "good", but that the vei n is probably inflammed from bad technique and repeated use.

i am laying off the needle for a week, i dont like where it is taking me anyways... it is kind of temting to have 7 clean syringes sitting in my bathroom, but i have the willpower!!

umm you shouldn't feel a pulse in your veins...
good to hear you're taking a break, good idea ;)

umm you shouldn't feel a pulse in your veins...

This. If you feel a pulse in the spot you are injecting, DO NOT INJECT THERE.

You only feel a pulse from an artery, even if a vein is there as well, as many are close together if not on top of each other.

Injecting into an artery is incredibly dangerous.

Do not inject anywhere you feel a pulse.

Was wondering if anyone could help me narrow this problem down. Just so everyone knows, I'm inexperienced doing this myself (20 or so times) I don't intend on trying to iv again and I know what I did was unsafe.

I had a needle that I had tried to use before so it was dull. Get the shot ready and am unable to get anything in the crook of my left arm so I try for the one at my wrist on the top side. I push the needle in and couldn't register so moved it a round a bit but still couldn't get the shot so I said screw it and pulled out. I didn't release my tourniquet (belt) until after removing the needle. Immediately it became a little swollen and red which started turning to a bruise so I put ice on it and then later on applied vinegar b/c I read that it can help get rid of bruising. Today I wake up and notice the area is still red with no bruise and no swelling but the veins going towards my fingers have gotten red as well.

I seriously need some advice. I know what to watch for in regards to infection and it changing. I need to get rid of the red or find a way to cover this up fast so any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks you guys!

This. If you feel a pulse in the spot you are injecting, DO NOT INJECT THERE.

You only feel a pulse from an artery, even if a vein is there as well, as many are close together if not on top of each other.

Injecting into an artery is incredibly dangerous.

Do not inject anywhere you feel a pulse.

Idk what I was talking about. Doesn't matter either way as I havebt touched a needle . Good to know though

Was wondering if anyone could help me narrow this problem down. Just so everyone knows, I'm inexperienced doing this myself (20 or so times) I don't intend on trying to iv again and I know what I did was unsafe.

I had a needle that I had tried to use before so it was dull. Get the shot ready and am unable to get anything in the crook of my left arm so I try for the one at my wrist on the top side. I push the needle in and couldn't register so moved it a round a bit but still couldn't get the shot so I said screw it and pulled out. I didn't release my tourniquet (belt) until after removing the needle. Immediately it became a little swollen and red which started turning to a bruise so I put ice on it and then later on applied vinegar b/c I read that it can help get rid of bruising. Today I wake up and notice the area is still red with no bruise and no swelling but the veins going towards my fingers have gotten red as well.

I seriously need some advice. I know what to watch for in regards to infection and it changing. I need to get rid of the red or find a way to cover this up fast so any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks you guys!

From.what you say, the shot was aborted and so if nothing was shot, there is nothing to be "missed"

So unless you already had a missed shot in that spot, you should be fine. The scars and inflammation is from you poking around tto much, that's all!

Dull needles are a bitch anyways, it is always good to use a clean and new needle for each shot. I know, sometimes getting a new syringe in that moment is difficult, but the dullness will make it much harder to register and make missing and scarring and tearing much more likely .

Yeah I didn't inject anything at all. DO you think the two veins leading to my fingers on top of my hand are permanently damaged due to collapsing a vein? I don't think there is a way to get rid of the discoloration after a vein collapses. Also how long do you think it will take to be gone b/c this is pretty obvious and if it gets seen I'm going to be homeless again.

collapsing your vein is a little harder than you may think, most of the time veins will be inflammed and just be temporarily unusable. unless you are a long time needle user, you probably wont collapse any veins as long as you practice good techniques. definitely rotate injection spots and definitely use a new syringe each time.

go to the first page of this thread, there is a picture of a needle after only 1 use.

Sounds like regular inflammation from puncturing your body with a piece of stainless steel that was blunted. No biggie. Its possible there was a bit of dope on the outside of the needle from drawing up the solution that could cause a bit of irritation. Usual territory for junkies really.

collapsing your vein is a little harder than you may think, most of the time veins will be inflammed and just be temporarily unusable. unless you are a long time needle user, you probably wont collapse any veins as long as you practice good techniques. definitely rotate injection spots and definitely use a new syringe each time.

go to the first page of this thread, there is a picture of a needle after only 1 use.

Yeah. Even with horrible technique, reusing dull needle, etc, it takes a decent amount of time to actually collapse a vein. I mean, with bad practices it can happen a lot faster but good technique will keep your veins going for many many years.

depends what vein really and where on the body. over the years i've read plenty of peoples accounts of missing a single shot in a particular vein and it disappearing never to return.

Yeah. Even with horrible technique, reusing dull needle, etc, it takes a decent amount of time to actually collapse a vein. I mean, with bad practices it can happen a lot faster but good technique will keep your veins going for many many years.

Unless you shoot badly filtered pills , 1-2 shots a small vein maybe 3-4 for a big one , I speak from (stupid) experience

Status
Not open for further replies.