Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Meth Question - Recrystallized/ Recycled Meth in the Pipe

TripppAR

Bluelighter
Well I have a question about the leftovers in my pipe... ;-) A godsend for when you have scraped your bag clean :p

I hit the pipe again on the weekend just gone and ended up making 3 points last like Friday night + Saturday day + Saturday night... Now by day 2 all my actual meth rocks were gone. Although as many of you would be familiar with..the vapors recrystallize on the actual pipe the whole way through. I was using the gas element on my stove to heat the pipe evenly and melt off the recrystallized shit... this actually led me to a SOLID meth high for the rest of the day.. I would put it down and say "ok, that's enough" and then find myself back at the stove again a couple hours later getting ANOTHER hit from the "leftovers" ...

Now at this point I was BARELY inhaling any vapors..or at least EXhaling any... yet I was struck EACH TIME with a profound high that came on just like smoking a pipe of shards.. actually it hit BETTER then the original nights pipes... I was actually getting higher off these baby puffs then the clouds I was emitting the night before..

Now I want to know whether or not the CUTTERS recrystallize on the glass... I was thinking about it and I convinced myself that perhaps only the METH MOLECULES are recrystallizing on my pipe and NOT the cutters.. meaning that vaping what is on the glass however small will still be more meth then a hit with cutters...

I am talking total pupil dilation, euphoria and other symptoms of a meth high! It happened with the mrs as well.. tiny tokes had her going again.

What do people think about this? I really feel I am getting better hits off the white stuff sticking to the glass the next day/ later that night then I am off a decent hit with a cloud...

Would my theory be correct in that ONLY METH is re attaching itself to your pipe whilst the cutters, whatever they are.. do not?

I always assumed it was cutters in the stem, just because with purer meth you get far less (if any) leftover white shit in the stem, compared to shitty 'speed' where sometimes the stem buildup is so thick it's chunky.

However when I was a puffer I did notice that when I smoked the stem I got more of a energetic rush than from smoking a bowl, though I never found it lasted longer or was better than the original shit. That could no doubt be influenced by the fact I was usually a few days in and pretty scattered before I'd be smoking the stem though.

I would think that anything recrystallising in the stem is mostly going to be something that has a higher freezing point than the rest of the compound - if you have a cutter and meth mixture and the meth recrsytallises at a higher temperature, it's mostly going to be particles of meth that cool down enough in the short time it takes them to get to the stem and recrystallise there. It'll depend what cutters/impurities the sample contains though I would say, whether the stuff in the stem was mostly cutter or mostly meth. In my experience a more homogenous sample doesn't tend to recrystallise in the stem much or at all.

I always assumed it was cutters in the stem, just because with purer meth you get far less (if any) leftover white shit in the stem, compared to shitty 'speed' where sometimes the stem buildup is so thick it's chunky.

However when I was a puffer I did notice that when I smoked the stem I got more of a energetic rush than from smoking a bowl, though I never found it lasted longer or was better than the original shit. That could no doubt be influenced by the fact I was usually a few days in and pretty scattered before I'd be smoking the stem though.

I would think that anything recrystallising in the stem is mostly going to be something that has a higher freezing point than the rest of the compound - if you have a cutter and meth mixture and the meth recrsytallises at a higher temperature, it's mostly going to be particles of meth that cool down enough in the short time it takes them to get to the stem and recrystallise there. It'll depend what cutters/impurities the sample contains though I would say, whether the stuff in the stem was mostly cutter or mostly meth. In my experience a more homogenous sample doesn't tend to recrystallise in the stem much or at all.

Ok, why oh why does Methamphetamine's freezing point have anything to do with it...what the hell?! 8o

Correct me if im wrong but what you're saying is that within 15cm (or however long a pipe is, from bowl to end of stem) you can vapourize a substance whilst it then is able to cool itself so rapidly it freezes along the inside of the stem, which can also get quite warm itself. It's quite simple. When you smoke a pipe, as it travels up the stem some of the vapourized meth condenses and cooos, becoming anhydrous and therefore sticking to them stem.

How on earth could it freeze? Because its called ice? LOL

Last edited:
^ When a liquid turns to a solid, it's called freezing.

Freezing point is usually the same thing as melting point, ie. when the crystalline solid melts into a liquid, or vice versa.

So methamphetamines freezing point is round about 175degrees, not that hard to get that cool by the time it gets to the stem.

DEFINITION: Freezing, the physical process of a liquid turning into a solid.

'Most liquids freeze by crystallization, formation of crystalline solid from the uniform liquid.'

Jesus, now I know why the meth discussion was so pointless, I didn't realise I had to go that far back to basics 8)

Last edited:
^ Anything that is a solid, ie not a liquid or gas, is frozen 8(

Jesus, now I know why the meth discussion was so pointless, I didn't realise I had to go that far back to basics 8)

So you're telling me that ANY solid is considered frozen? BAHAHAHA. An element is judged upon its state at 25.0C, i'm staring at a Ceramic plate right now, and i may be wrong but it isn't frozen. Solid yes, frozen no.

I haven't studied organic chemistry for 10 years and occasionally i'll be pulled up which is great because i learn something, but you learn what i said above in Year 8 science, Just do some reading, im honestly not trying to pick up on every post you make but when there are errors in them this bad i have to.

The rolling of the eyes is a nice touch, a teacher would be doing that grading your Year 8 science test,,,sheesh,

I changed the wording of my point because I knew it'd confuse you ;)

Do you really not get what I'm saying? It's hard to believe you're that thick. When a liquid turns to a solid, you can call that freezing, perhaps solidifying wouldn't have confounded you so much, but regardless, it's changing state from liquid to solid. Has my use of the perfectly applicable word 'freezing' really baffled you that much?

I always smoke the shit out of my pipe clean. Never found it better than the actual gear though. I have found with me it's more the amount that has been through the pipe for obvious reasons.

Usually 3 or more points is enough to give a solid build that will get you high again from baseline.

Also sometimes I ask if I can take my sources old pipe (he's a heavy user) and if he saids yes then it is literally another point or 2 for me. He has so much he can't se the point in bothering to do that and quite happily lets me take what he thinks to be junk away.

Kind Regards

I changed the wording of my point because I knew it'd confuse you ;)

Out of my combined 13 years of being on Drug Forums, you'd be up there with the most incompetent moderator i've ever seen. You use one of the most childish tactics in the book by being blatantly wrong then trying reverse psychology to somehow make me look bad? My sweet baby jesus.

Alas, another uneducated moderator has now turned me off this forum, who hires these dim-wits? First it was lil_angel, now this one? The days of BigTrancer and p_d are sorely missed.

^ Haha, talking about childish tactics, avoiding my question and turning on the insults to me tells me all I need to know ;)

Why would i answer your questions when you fall into the category of people who don't need to know?

when you smoke, "quality" shards, it usually leaves fuck all IF ANY residue in the stem. Even if you go thru a g+ the weekend :).

When you smoke "quality" meth, even just the first toke wouuld leave the stem cloudy. Now why is that ??? My theory is its because Msm (the most common cutter for meth) vaps at lower temp than actual meth. Therefore it cools down way quicker than actual meth too. so by the time the msm reaches the stem it has already started cooling down and recrystalising :)

oh and btw, footsys never right about her meth ;)

SoWhat.... :|

Footscrazy is technically correct, you seem to be associating 'freezing point' with what are considered cold temperatures relative to you rather then to refer to the change of phase. I don't know what you mean by saying that your plate is not 'frozen' at 25.0C... is it drifting around the room as vaporized particles? Or is it running off your table in a liquid state? No? Well then it is a solid. Feel free to heat it up until it melts then put it back into room temperature and watch it 'freeze' to a solid again. Just because water freezes at a relatively low temperature doesn't mean that other substances have to freeze when there is what we call 'cold'. :\

Last edited:

Found this too. Although one weekend whilst sober I decided to melt down my stem after several weekends of use with a lot of higher purity meth going through it with no expectations at all.. and so I ended up sharded and wide awake for 48hrs just from that.. ;)

Alas, another uneducated moderator has now turned me off this forum, who hires these dim-wits? First it was lil_angel, now this one? The days of BigTrancer and p_d are sorely missed.

so why keep logging on and contributing? you must be able to think of something better to do with your time than throw your immense intellectual weight around, being rude and aggressive to us dim-wits?
i don't understand why people use a forum only to moan about it and demean themselves.
there are plenty of forums out there; there are countless other ways to spend your time.

Ok - so far haven't really gotten an answer but there was some nice heated debate haha.

Uhh so other people get an effect from the stem smoke.. some good...some bad...

One person thinks its purely cutters ...

And I personally am convinced its mainly the meth that freezes again onto the stem as it provides a meth high and hits harder from less then original bowl.

tripppar i also think that alot more meth recrystalizes in the stem than cuts etc, well at least in the bottom of the stem. methamphetamine will recrystalize very quickly when something cool is pressed against the bowel, common cuts and less purer forms of meth like smokable 'base' (lol i know footscrazy and others hate that term, its just alot of ppl will understand it) do not seem to recrystalize (solid state) near as fast.​
Perhap as the meth goes into the stem, the cooler glass causes a higher concentration of meth vapour/gas to recrystalize in the lower part of the stem. But i do not think anyone can give a 100% accurate answer unless a pipes residue was analyzed, but in the mean time the residue can often give me a stronger/more intense meth hit so ill go with that lol​

Last edited:
Excellent.. so i'm not the only one that gets this. I perhaps thought the pathways in my brain were different due to ADD therefore the stimulant effected me harder/ different.. :-S

Eitherway it would seem that it is METH unless there are some cutters being used that actually give a stimulant methy type effect when smoked/ re smoked... :-S

Excellent.. so i'm not the only one that gets this. I perhaps thought the pathways in my brain were different due to ADD therefore the stimulant effected me harder/ different.. :-S

Eitherway it would seem that it is METH unless there are some cutters being used that actually give a stimulant methy type effect when smoked/ re smoked... :-S

Hahaha your definately not the only one, everyone i know enjoy the effects from the stem.

there would be some cutters being used that would give a methy type stimulant effect (research chems like FA and FMA) but you would think they would be very rarely used compared to inactive cutters or the 'meth/ice' bought with methy type cutters would most likely contain almost no methamphetamine at all, and who knows how quickly they actually recrystalize.

But im in agreeance with you overall... i think more meth recrystalizes in the stem (the bottom part aty least) than cuts.

Out of my combined 13 years of being on Drug Forums, you'd be up there with the most incompetent moderator i've ever seen. You use one of the most childish tactics in the book by being blatantly wrong then trying reverse psychology to somehow make me look bad? My sweet baby jesus.

mate untill tafe or university start a course on illegal drug use and its varying qualities certificate 3 and diploma, someone who has been 'in the game' for many years and can use their personal experience on their druguse and give honest opinions is what is needed from a mod, and i think 'footscrazy' meets all those. personal attacks on someones knowledge is not needed.

so why keep logging on and contributing? you must be able to think of something better to do with your time than throw your immense intellectual weight around, being rude and aggressive to us dim-wits?
i don't understand why people use a forum only to moan about it and demean themselves.
there are plenty of forums out there; there are countless other ways to spend your time.

what he said