• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Meth Question - Recrystallized/ Recycled Meth in the Pipe

when you smoke, "quality" shards, it usually leaves fuck all IF ANY residue in the stem. Even if you go thru a g+ the weekend :).

When you smoke "quality" meth, even just the first toke wouuld leave the stem cloudy. Now why is that ??? My theory is its because Msm (the most common cutter for meth) vaps at lower temp than actual meth. Therefore it cools down way quicker than actual meth too. so by the time the msm reaches the stem it has already started cooling down and recrystalising :)

oh and btw, footsys never right about her meth ;)

In my experience a more homogenous sample doesn't tend to recrystallise in the stem much or at all.

heddah you mentioned that msn has a lower vapourisng point, but does it have a higher point (higher temp) where it will start re-crystalising? correct me if im wrong but from my memory from science at school, the 'ice' vapours would need to go into a liquid state, then into a solid state to recrystalise. doesnt methamphetamine re-crystalise alot quicker than msn? so even if msn has a higher temp where it can change state, the time it takes for this to happen would be alot longer then the time the vapour is moving through the stem.

it seems the 'cloud' like residue is the vapours condensing to form a liquid state and is a higher concentration of methamphetamine (most of the time.) but it all depends on how quickly the cutters used in each meth/ice batch can reform from gas to solid.

the white 'clouds' will crystalize (solidify) when you wrap a cool cloth around it and hold it there for short time, or if youadd some heat to the point where the 'clouds' start to sweat then release heat and cool off with cooler damp cloth. (do not let the 'clouds' fully liquify). it forms very sparkly crystals inside the stem

Please correct me if anyone thinks im incorrect

just a thought, but they way i would have said it was that the more cutter in your meth, the more meth that's going to stick to your pipe. If the cutters are sticking to your pipe as it is, it's going to cause more resistance i suppose you could say. The meth is going to set on the cutters easier than it will on a smooth glass surface. Kind of like how you cant smoke the shit properly if your bowl is full of burnt crap.

ps why the fuck is that aruguement still up there? Unedited? if it were anyone else it would have been removed straight away. As one of you mods told me, BE NICE.

heddah you mentioned that msn has a lower vapourisng point, but does it have a higher point (higher temp) where it will start re-crystalising? correct me if im wrong but from my memory from science at school, the 'ice' vapours would need to go into a liquid state, then into a solid state to recrystalise. doesnt methamphetamine re-crystalise alot quicker than msn? so even if msn has a higher temp where it can change state, the time it takes for this to happen would be alot longer then the time the vapour is moving through the stem.

Just 'cause I like science... it is possible to take a substance past the point where it should change phase without it doing so, but they are usually not stable in this state. This usually happens during superheating or supercooling, so not exactly meth pipe conditions. :)

I am under the impression that the residue along the stem of the pipe is generally a higher concentration of methamphetamine than the actual shards you put into the bowl to smoke. This is because the condensation and freezing points (temperatures) of meth are generally higher than that of whatever its cut with.

Although i haven't gone and researched every single freezing point of every cutter that i know of, i think this assumption can be reasonably made because its evident that when you smoke a pipe, you can always tastes the cutters and notice the stuff burning strangely within the first few puffs you have but this subsides shortly after, indicating that the cutters have a lower boiling/freezing pt as they are burnt off completely well before the meth is.

So this tells me that if the cutters melt/boil before the meth then logically they must condense/freeze after the meth. This suggests that the substance most likely to freeze along the stem is meth.

it seems the 'cloud' like residue is the vapours condensing to form a liquid state and is a higher concentration of methamphetamine (most of the time.) but it all depends on how quickly the cutters used in each meth/ice batch can reform from gas to solid.

the white 'clouds' will crystalize (solidify) when you wrap a cool cloth around it and hold it there for short time, or if youadd some heat to the point where the 'clouds' start to sweat then release heat and cool off with cooler damp cloth. (do not let the 'clouds' fully liquify). it forms very sparkly crystals inside the stem

Please correct me if anyone thinks im incorrect

The glass along the stem is relatively close to room temp (25C) and coupled with the air being sucked through the bowl (also room temp) a significant amount of meth that comes into contact with the glass while in the gaseous phase is more than likely to condense and freeze very quickly as it only needs to be less than 175degrees (source: footscrazy) to become solid again.. if its surroundings are room temp, this is highly achievable.

of course i've based this mostly on the assumption that the majority of meth cutters possess lower melting and boiling points than the meth itself.. if this isn't the case, then this is invalid. probably doesn't make much sense anyway, pretty "out of it" lol

I've found the following:

Uncut meth tends to fog up/cloud up the pipe really easily, and holding a hit for 10+ seconds will still yield a nice cloud of vapor/smoke at the end of each exhale. Hits of this tend to smoke easily but not huge clouds in the pipe... Rather a regular smouldering type of vapor/smoke.

Looking at further cut (solid ice/meth), and it produces a heap of smoke, melts down, often with a bit of a taste to it.... It does not fog/cloud up the pipe (at all) until you go through at least 50mg, whereas the uncut stuff I've had will cloud it up nicely at 30mg, it would take 100mg cut meth to fog/cloud it up compared to the uncut stuff... And exhaling it often produces little to no vapor at the end of a 10second hold on a hit.

By the time the cut stuff fogs up though, it tends to smoke quite a fair bit in the pipe still after it's re heated... And hits about the same as it did beforehand.

Oily/Gooey Meth (non solid) tends to fog it up a lot, i've had a mix of this stuff that will get solid after 12 hours or so sitting in a bag, and also some stuff that stayed oily for 2+ days in the bag.... Needless to say it was pretty shitty when it stayed oily, the effects were there but I believe it to be heavily cut. It does crystallise the pipe but seemed to provide next to no effect even a week later if I was to clear it.

So I'm a little off topic(uh, a lot), but my point is that you do get an effect from clearing the pipe... I'm actually interested in your stovetop method for cleaning/clearing it..... It seems to me that what you put in is what you get out. if you put in shit, you'll get barely any effect from the leftovers, if you put in good stuff it tend to be a lot more forgiving. (think 10% strength vs 40-50% strength)

I would think that anything recrystallising in the stem is mostly going to be something that has a higher freezing point than the rest of the compound - if you have a cutter and meth mixture and the meth recrsytallises at a higher temperature, it's mostly going to be particles of meth that cool down enough in the short time it takes them to get to the stem and recrystallise there. It'll depend what cutters/impurities the sample contains though I would say, whether the stuff in the stem was mostly cutter or mostly meth. In my experience a more homogenous sample doesn't tend to recrystallise in the stem much or at all.
I have a chemistry degree and I agree with everything footscrazy said here. Also what revolve said on the previous page seems correct to me too. If you are talking meth cut with MSM, the meth recrystallises far more rapidly, so it is of course going to recrystallise far more easily on the stem.

hmmm. ppl should also agree with what i said too :p

even though I pretty much said the same thing as footsy, but in simple terms. :>

anyways the moral of the story is, if u like smoking msm continue to rape the stem ;D
smoking the stem may make u feel like u are getting high. but its mostly placebo yo :>
I would say outta all the cloudy residue from the stem, maybe less than 3% is meth. and rest r = CUTTAH :>

If the meth has a higher melting point than the cut it will also hits it's cooling point quicker in the stem than the cut will = higher meth purity in stem as the cut won't have dropped to a low enough temperature to crystallise on mass comparatively while inhaling.

If the meth has a higher melting point than the cut it will also hits it's cooling point quicker in the stem than the cut will = higher meth purity in stem as the cut won't have dropped to a low enough temperature to crystallise on mass comparatively while inhaling.
This is not correct if you are referring to MSM.

As to why, I don't know, but I speculate that MSM is a better conductor of heat and more quickly returns to a solid state.

If the meth has a higher melting point than the cut it will also hits it's cooling point quicker in the stem than the cut will = higher meth purity in stem as the cut won't have dropped to a low enough temperature to crystallise on mass comparatively while inhaling
^ Precisely.

I speculate that MSM is a better conductor of heat and more quickly returns to a solid state.
I am sorry but this is wrong. Describing compounds such as this as being good or bad conductors of heat is unhelpful. I have never heard it expressed in this way before. MSM will become a solid again when its temperature drops below its melting/freezing point. End of story. Meth has a higher melting/freezing point so as a vaporised or molten mixture of meth and MSM cools, the meth will soldify first, or at least try to. It is pretty simple stuff. The meth recystallises in the stem as the MSM stays a vapour and comes out the other end, its temperature not dropping enough to solidify it.

If you don't want to smoke the stem then don't. Give it to me instead.

^ Precisely.

I am sorry but this is wrong. Describing compounds such as this as being good or bad conductors of heat is unhelpful. I have never heard it expressed in this way before. MSM will become a solid again when its temperature drops below its melting/freezing point. End of story. Meth has a higher melting/freezing point so as a vaporised or molten mixture of meth and MSM cools, the meth will soldify first, or at least try to. It is pretty simple stuff. The meth recystallises in the stem as the MSM stays a vapour and comes out the other end, its temperature not dropping enough to solidify it.

If you don't want to smoke the stem then don't. Give it to me instead.

I haven't studied chemistry since highschool, so I'm happy to stand corrected here, but as I understand it:
When you apply heat to a mixture of two substances with different boiling points, the one with the lower boiling point is going to vaporize before it allows the rest of the mixture rise above the boiling point of the substance vaporizing. Allowing the MSN to be boiled away without much wastage. This tends to be done carefully to avoid overheating and bubbing of the puddle.

If when doing this the MS is sucked through the stem rather than blown out the end, it seems to very quickly fog up and stick the glass.

Next its the meths turn to vaporize. For whatever reason, it seems less prone to return to a solid state and accumulate on the glass.

From memory, there is an energy gap between the hottest liquid state of a material and its coldest gaseous state. Say 100j is the maximum energy for the liquid state, but to move to gas state it needs 110j.

This gap varies between different materials. I suspect the energy gap for MSM is lower than it is for meth. Making it easier for the MSM to return to liquid state and stick to the glass.

This doesn't mean some meth doesn't stick to the glass also, just relatively less.

Out of my combined 13 years of being on Drug Forums, you'd be up there with the most incompetent moderator i've ever seen. You use one of the most childish tactics in the book by being blatantly wrong then trying reverse psychology to somehow make me look bad? My sweet baby jesus.

Alas, another uneducated moderator has now turned me off this forum, who hires these dim-wits? First it was lil_angel, now this one? The days of BigTrancer and p_d are sorely missed.

And herein lies the problem... DF sucks, SWIM told me.

Ive always enjoyed smoking the stem and getting high off it.

So i've noticed.

Anyway: I smoke a lot of meth. This is my reference. I have a large expertise in different kinds, d-methamphetamine, it's HCl, and even ketone when the gods of stims smile happily upon me. I've smoked them all in different forms of purity (except ketone. That's too rare to have had several batches of. Just the one batch, several times, I just put that in to sound cool.) Anyway: I can consicely say based on no research other than what I've conducted in my experience, that the stuff stuck to the side of the pipe and stem is, while not worthless; extremely cut.
However, if you smoke enough meth through your wifey, like, 4g over the course of a week (nice, mild week for me here) then scrape the stem and it's elbow out with a slushy straw (the red / pink straws with a little spoon on the end. I hope you know the kind. They come in macdonalds frozen cokes and shit, and are available free at every BP in the country. Or at least the one near me.) the method being:
Insert the spoon end into the mouthpiece of the pipe until the widest part of the spoon is just inside the pipe. then twist the straw around frequently while lowering it down the pipe. You'll notice the white frost coming off the sides, falling down the pipe (hold the pipe so the stem is verticle) and collecting in the elbow. Tap it into the bowl. Then melt it juuuuust enough to get it to start vaping slightly, and if you're mad pro you can blow out the MSM without blowing out the meth. Isobenzo propanol can not be removed with this method.

Too long; Too spun, Didn't read because of psychosis?

The shit in the stem is pretty shit, but let it build up, scrape it into the bowl, melt out the msm, and smoke it. Or; if you're too good to smoke the shit in the stem (I personally am, unless I'm fiending. I generally just wash my pipe out with water to get the shit out. I like a pristine pipe, she's my wifey and I love her.) just give it to your friendly neighborhood addict.

Oh, and someone ring jamie oliver, because I'm clearly cooked after rereading this.

Last edited:
i always assumed it was mostly cut built up in the stem cause its weak and tastes like shit.

Depends on the quality and cut as said before. I only do meth once or twice MAX a year as I have a very addictive personality.

There will be a few points smoked through it and ill spend the longest time getting every last bit of resin, so addictive like that, 95% of the time I get euphoric like maybe scooping a third of a point.

it could also be impurities from the manufacturing process. Here in the states we get some very pure meth, and I always clean it up more, my pipe condenses up with little shards and not some white film. it definetly is dependent on quality, impurites, cuts, and not to mention your smoking technique

i always assumed it was mostly cut built up in the stem cause its weak and tastes like shit.

Yep, my reasons too for thinking its nothing too special, of course there's something there, but it's nothing like the big ass rock that sat there before I got my hands on it.