• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

why can't i hit a vein anymore..?

^ Search the term "skin popping" in google images, and hopefully that will deter you from doing it again.

Edit: I see you finally hit. I've never really had the blood rush in that fast, as it really shouldn't since venous blood doesn't have the pressure of arterial blood since it is returning to the heart as opposed to arteries which are pumping from the heart.

Now if you use that "vacuum method" I mentioned before, then the blood usually rushes into the barrel when you hit a vein since it is quickly occupying the empty space, but if you are just manually drawing back the plunger, then it usually just trickles in at the same speed you draw back on.

Last edited:
^ Do you know about the "vacuum method for registering?" Once you get the needle in a little bit, you pull back on the plunger a bit, creating a vacuum that is usually seen by some empty space that is seen in the barrel. This negative pressure will cause blood to fill up in the empty space when you eventually hit a vein. I had heard of this method on here, and actually did it accidentally my first time when I went to register and wasn't in a vein so it looked like air was in the barrel, but once I hit it filled in with blood on its own, so I didn't have to go through with manually registering again.

i have never heard of it but i have thought of it myself through it happening un - intentionally like what happend to you. ive used that way a few times. that is a good idea idk why more people do it if it works well kuz it just automatically registers for you so it makes it just that much easier

and tommy.. you are making it seem like i was choosing sc over iv.. and that is noowhere near the case, as i mentioned i hate doing it i feel like im wasted it, i along with every other user adore the rush iv'ing gives you and sc is fairy painful and disgusting looking. its not a matter of me choosing SC over IV its just the fact that when im withdrawling and after 15 minutes of trying to find a vein it seems like the only choice.. i never want to do it again next time if i am un able to hit a vein i will put the needle down and just take a break and snort some instead to calm the shakes and my nerves which make it harder to hit a vein... i am a very impatient person thats the thing :p hahah. i will look that up for the hell of it anyway though

yeahh maybe when it was rushing in really fast its because there was already a vacuum in the syring that i didnt notice?? thats interesting cuz it literally would shooot and immediatly change the whole color of the liquid from the brown to red

I always use the "vacuum method" when iv'ing, it takes the guess work out of registering. I'd have to say that whether intentional or not, you too were using this method if blood shot up into the barrel of your rig in the way you described. Anyway, glad to hear you are able to properly register a shot. You should never administer a shot subcutaneously purposly no matter how frustrated you become. If you continue to have persistent trouble registering, you should switch to another ROA for a while to give your veins a break. Anyway, good luck to you!

and tommy.. you are making it seem like i was choosing sc over iv.. and that is noowhere near the case, as i mentioned i hate doing it i feel like im wasted it, i along with every other user adore the rush iv'ing gives you and sc is fairy painful and disgusting looking. its not a matter of me choosing SC over IV its just the fact that when im withdrawling and after 15 minutes of trying to find a vein it seems like the only choice.. i never want to do it again next time if i am un able to hit a vein i will put the needle down and just take a break and snort some instead to calm the shakes and my nerves which make it harder to hit a vein... i am a very impatient person thats the thing :p hahah. i will look that up for the hell of it anyway though

No man, I was saying that you were choosing s.c. over plugging, or even squirting the solution into your nose. I know that you really wanted to IV it, and were only doing a s.c. shot when you really couldn't hit a vein, but I was saying that s.c. should never even be an option since the risk of an abscess is so high with it. That's why we were telling you to just plug it when you can't hit a vein, or to just sniff the solution like you said.

alright yeah sorry i didnt mean to come off as a dick and snap i was not in a good mood when i wrote that i apoligize, i am not up for plugging any drug i dont have anythin against people who do it , it's just not my style i wouldnt feel comfortable doing that but now that doesn't seem neccessary because i have successfully registerd and banged 3 shots since the first success all first tries :D! so idk what was goin on for that month period but i think i got the hang of it again<3 and i couldnt feel better hehe

and catastrophe i don't think i was when it was shooting up i think it was because that was when i first started shooting so my veins were perfect and we were using bigger needles than i am now , which i realize is dumb to start out with because i can tell now that i was going through veins just to hit bigger ones deeper in my arm which is why i think it would shoot so fast, and my friend would register it pretty hard because he had both his hands to do it .

^ No worries man. Since it seems like you know/have used the method of squirting the solution up your nose when you can't hit a vein, so you have a solid plan B if you find yourself in the situation of not being able to hit a vein again. Just make sure to squirt a little up each nostril at a time. You don't want it dripping down the back of your throat that much, since it will just be absorbed in your stomach that way and the oral BA is 35% at best, wheres nasal can be upwards of 61%. So take it slow, do a few drops in each nostril, and give it a few minutes to absorb before doing additional nasal drops.

Im new to bluelight but i have had some problems hittin my arms are kinda chubby and the usual spots need a break so any advice so i can get a hit will be greatly appreciated

What is this vaccum effect ur talking about

The vacuum technique is an easier way to register. Basically, it's just pulling back on the plunger as soon as you pierce your flesh to create an air pocket/vacuum, that way once you pierce the vein, blood automatically shoots up into the barrel. You've probably done it many times without consciously realizing what you were doing.

Hey guys I'm new to this site. I just wanted to let you guys know that I have been shooting suboxone for 7 years and let me tell you. My body is falling apart. I can't belive that I have gone this far and not died yet. First let me start by saying I was never addicted to any drugs. I only got addicted when I found subs. Then I started with the needle. Then the rest was history. So far I have blown out every vein in my body I couldn't hit myself if I tried. So I started going in my neck. Bad idea. Somehow suboxone made all of my veins shrink to nothing. I have had cellulitis 12 times. And it got worse when they came out with the strips. None of my symptoms started until the strips came out. Never had a problem with the pills. Never. Never with any other drug I was shooting. And I always used my own gear new or properly sterilized. But always my own. Then the rapid heart beat started, then the chest pains, then more cellulitis. I finally was looking at my son today playing football, man he is a beast on defence. I threw out all my shit and started taking them by mouth today. Who am I fooling if I keep this up I'm going to die. The problem is is that for you guys who are shooting subs like me and thousands of others. Subs have only been around for a short period compared to other drugs. This is when we will start seeing what the overall consequences are from main lining subs. I have cellulitis on my right knee right now so bad that I have to be on antibiotics. I'm so fucking scared this time because my chest has been hurting something awful and my heart has been pounding so hard it keeps me up at night. I really don't want to see what's happening to me happen to someone who has people who love and even though you might not think so need them too. Thanks for reading. Please be careful with these strips guys. And gals ?They have destroyed me. From the inside out P.S. I have noticed a really bad loss in short term memory. Shooting those things long term is bad for business. People that are shooting these things for 7+ years you know what I'm talking about. That red sore spot you get when you miss that's the cellulitis. Those of you that can't hit yourself there is a reason and it took me until today for my stupid ass to figure it out. My body and my brain had a meeting and they figured out that my body is shutting down and can't take it anymore. I'm done with doing my subs that way. Can't belive I let it go this far. I saw the signs, and I ignored them. If you are only shooting once in a while this is not for you. Or maybe it is so you don't do anymore than what you are right now. This is more for the guys who are hard core and take it to the max. I can shoot my whole daily amount 16 mg. And still do more. I was poking myself at least 4 times a day. I'm sorry for the super long P.S. later guys. And gals. And I just got my disability from the military and will get a huge retro check and 3200 dollars a month for the rest of my life for serving in the army. If that's not something to live for then maybe I should die. Lol. Thanks again.

Yeah I have never slammed the strips, just the generic suboxone pills, usually they were the white actavis pills with the half moon on them if they were suboxone, and as of lately I have been slamming my subutex. But I have friends who shoot the strips and they have fucked their veins up beyond badly, I still have most of my veins and have been slamming bupe everyday for the past 2-3 years now, and the only time I have fucked my veins up it has been with iv coke/crack or dope, not subs(knock on wood). I know those strips though, there is something in those that isn't in the pills that makes them very bad for IVing. Not saying the pills are good to shoot, because they aren't, even with a micron filter. As soon as I was put on sub strips, when I still took them sublingually I switched over to pills after the first script. I hated those damn things even taking them the right way, they always got stuck to the roof of my mouth and if you tried to reposition them they would disenegrate on your finger, not long after being on subs did I switch to sniffing them because I just hated taking shit under my tongue. Then I moved on to IV for the 100% BA, and it is very hard for me to want to go back to another ROA now that I have done this for so long. I wish I never started, but I am glad that I don't have the strips at least after reading your story and seeing first hand how bad those motherfuckers are for IV from friends who do it.

Also the previous posts on this thread just bothered me from dopesmoke420 and how you weren't injecting in your veins but in your skin, I know that was like 5 years ago and you probably wont even see this but wow I hope you figured out how to iv properly or just put the needle down. Sounds like you are/were very inexperienced with injecting IV or your veins weren't meant to be played with that way. If I had that much trouble with IVing I would switch to another ROA because skin popping or subcutaneous heroin or anything really that is not meant to be done that way is just stupid, especially if you continue to do it. Just wanted anyone who does that to know, it wont work correctly and will cause serious health problems. That goes to anyone who doesn't know the proper way to iv drugs, either have someone show you and figure out how to do it right or don't do it at all! Please be safe, and don't shoot heroin(or anything) into anywhere on your body it doesn't belong, its just careless.

People who have done the strips this way for a while know what I mean. Before the subs I dabbled quite a bit with molly and I shot it everytime. Seven years of shooting your pretty much a pro when it comes to hitting yourself. The fact is is that my veins were perfect until the strips came out. They are the only ones allowed in my state. They actually scan them here. The pregnant girls here get subutex and those are not scanned in any way. So it started like a year, year and a half before I started noticing the effects. The first thing was the veins disappearing. Very odd never had this happen before in my whole time shooting. My mom worked in phlebotomy. She told me if I was going to be doing shit like that she wanted me to be doing right. So things could have been worse without the lessons. She hated me for doing it but, come on. Mom's little boy. Even she was impressed with what they were doing and said that shouldn't be happening. I do appreciate the advice thanks for writing back and throwing me some info. Glad to see people care. People like you guys that I wish others were more like. Later on guys and gals.

What state do you live in that only prescribes strips? that's stupid, they wont even let you get a generic pill form of suboxone? Those fuckin strips are expensive without insurance! and even generic suboxone tabs are almost double the price of subutex at the pharmacies. I mean some sub docs around here wont prescribe subutex unless you are a pregnant women for whatever reason, I guess because they buy into that horseshit that the naloxone will make you sick if you try and do them anyway but sublingually and don't want there patients to abuse them, and think they wont do the same shit with suboxone(strips or pills) that they do with subutex. But even the sub docs here that wont prescribe subutex, will at least let you get the generic tablets! All of them can be abused, the strips a little less easily than the pills and with more health issues than the pills, at least in the short term, but I don't think shooting any kind of pill even with micron filters can ever be good for you either.

Last edited by a moderator: