• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Methamphetamine

Its what they cut it with thats a problem. Thats what is harming people and causing overdoses.

This is not true. The more cut, the less potent the drug sample, and the more difficult it is to overdose on.

He would tell me that you literally cant overdose from meth if its clean.

This is not remotely true, or even plausible.

ebola

This is not true. The more cut, the less potent the drug sample, and the more difficult it is to overdose on.

This is not remotely true, or even plausible.

ebola
Seconded. Know of a dude with sky high tolerance that had been banging for years. Shot up a full weight, which is a fuckin huge dose even for a regular, doctors said his heart essentially exploded.

Meth is not one drug. its.either crystal or powder and hugredifference in the 2. and that's what ppl fail to see. meth has so many varieties . more than any drug. and each is.to be used different and each acts different . so knowledge on small things will allow you to be some what safe doing it. because i dnt fear of a.od.on meth because u can check quality first and uaually if is junk junk u can tell. good cut is hard to see but can be used rather than the crap junkies rip u pff with. simple breaking of crystals or taste of item is enough to bbe.on right path if.i can't test then i won't touch .

I think youre talking about amphetamine sulfate when you reference the "powder" form of meth? If so, that isn't the same drug as methamphetamine actually. I am not an expert on it by any stretch, but I really dont think this is accurate information and just wanted to point that out

the differences involve which type of enantiomer they use: between levo-amphetamine and dextro-amphetamine

amphetamine sulfate (aka "speed") is a 1:1 ratio of levo and dextro

levo is a lot less responsible for the desired effects of amphetamines than dextro

Adderall is 75% dextro, 25% levo (something like that)

Meth is 100% dextro

if any of this is incorrect feel free to shoot me down here

Last edited:
Methamphetamine can come in hard, shard-like, transparent crystals, or in a crystalline powder form. The above is hearsay from Rareone. Meth is generally dextro, as is most illicit speed. The levo isomer of amp (and presumably levo methamp too) has a much stronger affinity for noradrenaline from memory. Nice for vigilance but not the locomotor stimulation most want from "speed". For what it is worth, the crystal form of meth or any other drug generally speaks nothing as to its purity. If you think otherwise you have an even more elementary understanding of chemistry than me, and I am the dunce. Also, you can get crystal dex. Some prefer dextro amp. I have never used meth so I can not compare but I will be able to compare Selegiline with dexamph soon, as some have compared it to miiiiiiiiiiiillld meth, i.e. "kiddie desoxyn" :)

Bluelight's Methamphetamine Wiki Page

Hopefully it meets some expectations!

~ vaya​

This is amazingly helpful... but when it comes to dosage its all in mg how would you translate that to standard glass you get from a cook. Cause I think that specifically is very important but I don't see a conversation or anyway to guestimate, Its possible I just don't know as well. Also meaning there re probably a lot of others out there looking at it thinking what the fu..... You know? Do you have any knowledge on this in particular? Could reduce risk of OD especially in cases where user favors needles.

... but when it comes to dosage its all in mg how would you translate that to standard glass you get from a cook?
With a scale accurate to 0.001g. There's no other way to know exaclty how much you have afaik.

I wonder what the biggest factor in meth causing tooth loss is...besides poor hygiene while high and the couple days after coming down, I guess it has to do with users smoking and injecting the drug...any thoughts?

Phenylacetone's Superior Speed

You're right about the majority of meth today being dextro-methamphetamine, BUT i have read that phenylacetone (P2P) and the racemic crystal (d,l-meth) it produces are making a comeback thru use in Mexican superlabs. Also, any intelligent American chemist bent on cooking meth on a scale of a couple ounces or more per batch would be wise to put Fester's electrolytic phenylacetone preperations into use. Every old school 70's and 80's dope chef I've met, including Fester in his writing, have assured me that racemic meth is a far superior (in terms of the quality and enjoyability of the high produced) buzz/high than that of the often nerve-rattling high one gets from reducing ephedrine to d-meth. I'd love to try some nice, clean crystals of d,l-meth, or prope dope as my tweaker coworker calls it...

Meth mouth

I'm guessing it's because it eats through the teeth
I wonder what the biggest factor in meth causing tooth loss is...besides poor hygiene while high and the couple days after coming down, I guess it has to do with users smoking and injecting the drug...any thoughts?

I'm guessing it's because it eats through the teeth
Its pretty simple. Meth makes your mouth dry which eliminates all the beneficial bacteria in your mouth that keeps things like gingivitis and gum disease in check. So your more susceptible to tooth problems which if not monitored can become a problem Plus, meth gives a urge to drink sugary beverages like soda. Theres a mouthwash called biotene that keeps your mouth moist and it works really good.

Localized vasoconstriction over long periods is also a pretty bad scene.

ebola

I think a big factor can be just personal hygiene. If you brush twice a day with a good toothpaste, use that biotene mouthwash, floss, and stay away from hig h sugar items like sodas and candies, you greatly minimize the effects of meth. Ive known people that have used for years with no problems.

THe faces of meth is used more as a scare tactic then reality. If you go for runs without taking care of yourself then your gonna run into issues sooner. Those are extreme cases. Their is alot of prescription medicine that destroys the teeth

I'm sorry I don't understand

Classical stimulants tend to cause the blood vessels in the gums to constrict. This tends to lead to the types of unwanted bacterial growth underlying periodontal disease. Meth users tend to use really high doses for long periods.

ebola

I luv bass n MDMA buzzes but have NEVER tried METH n id bloody luv 2 even tho its made out of such durty stuff found in a ktichen?! or so i heard but like crack its better rush smokin da crystals than sniffing swallowin etc.....but im addictive drug abuser who luvs rushin or gouchin so a meth habits last ting i need y cant u get it in da UK but i ts so big everywere else????????????

Yep, that's the last thing you need. It's said to be more addictive than crack no wonder it's been displaced by meth in the US.

Hi, My son is currently incarcerated and waiting trial in Feb 2015 for manufacturing of methamphetamine. My question is we are trying to find the accurate scale of purity on a scale when methamphetamine is made using the shake and bake method. This was the way his girlfriend was making it. Now there are two charts in the federal guidelines for purity and one is for pure meth and the other is for not so pure meth. The charts have substantial differences in time to serve. So, how pure is the meth when made when using the shake and bake method?