• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Vitamin C for Withdrawls?

yea that's why i thought some one said on the this sight some where he took 1000 milligrams a day to help with craving maby some mind over matter but who knows! i don't wanna
risk some one trying it but it would be cool if any one has done this.

Ive heard quite a bit on this. There was a thread on the forums dated from a few years ago with a study where rats received inter cranial doses of Vit.C to good effect. Doses were herculean, far in excess of anything humans could imbibe (excess vit c is excreted in urine). I have however noticed that Vit. C promotes a very subtle sense of well being. I would not attribute this to opioid activity or central effects too readily however - though who knows, the research hasnt really been done.

I have a doctor who practices a blend of conventional/alternative medicine and he wanted me to come in to his office for a vitamin c IV. I have done this before when I was deathly ill and it brought me back to life in the matter of hours. He says it works for opiate withdrawal as well. It may not take away every symptom but it will make a miraculous difference.

I never tried it for opiate withdrawal (the iv kind; i took vit c pills) because the treatment was out of my price range and my insurance would not cover it. My doc, however, suggested a highly bioavailable form of vitamin c called lypospheric vitamin c. It worked fucking great.

http://www.livonlabs.com

I use the 1000 mg Vitamin C tablets in Poppy Pod tea to improve the taste and help release the morphine.

300mg per Kg... thats 20250mg Vit.c for me. Im not sure how practical this would be. The evidence looks very good and it even looks like it could increase opiate duration and potentiate one's highs. This metalloenzyme also sounds like it could contribute to tolerance so inhibiting it can only be a good thing. Props to Sekio for posting that study. Question is is 20-30 grams of Vit.c cost effective for us poor users?

bulk vitamin c isn't very pricey, although its best to get vit c powder with bioflavanoids and other minerals added for optimum absorbtion

Intriguing. Another tool in the arsenal against addiction and withdrawal has been uncovered, it seems.

I always took multivitamins, but never large doses of Vitamin C.

I will speak to those who may need this information, and see if it helps those people.

Vitamin C reduces body load iirc, that's why people take it to relax their bodies during psychedelics. I've found that it definitely makes my body and brain more mellow, too mellow, in fact, to be mixed with cannabis. Taking a high dose Vit C before smoking weed dulls the body high, and I'm sure it can be used to dull the rattles from withdrawal.

Has any one tried a big dose of vitamin C and it has worked to completely help from with the withdraws?

P.S.
Ive seen on a web sight a Vitamin C that was reformed to get almost all of the bioability has any one ever tried any of those?

Youd have to use Sodium ascorbate not ascorbic acid. Ascorbic acid would acidify the stomach and other organs. That translates for one into cramps and diarrhoea. In order to obtain sodium ascorbate youd also need to search online and buy in bulk. For something that is so hit and miss as this forking out the money for bulk vit c might not be feasible, that is assuming you can procure a reliable source fore vit c in bulk.

I used to take Vitamin C in order to alleviate the pain of the nerves in my entire arm, shoulder to finger tips, coming back to being able to feel from being completely numbed by a nerve block. :! It was very painful. Vitamin C was really the only thing that considerably helped, as well as buprenorphine but without the Vitamin C it would have been horrible.

If you ever have the chance to not HAVE to get a nerve block, please opt not to get it It took me 6+ months to begin getting feeling back in one of my fingers after the nerve block, and the sensation in my fingers was fine before the surgery.

High Vit C doses increase Serotonin levels I read somewhere, so would at least on the mental aspect of withdrawal.

magnesium malate is great for fibromyalgia, need them minerals yo....

chromium polynicotinate is a great one too...good for energy. Also, manganese is essential for dopamine production.