• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Pharmacies Refuse To Fill Meds (Florida Oxycodone)

Leaping Gnome

Bluelighter
The war on prescription drug abuse in Lee County has shifted in recent months. Some pharmacists now refuse to fill pain medication prescriptions for patients believed overprescribed by some doctors.

Such patients are upset over the refusal to fill what they say are legitimate prescriptions. Pharmacies counter that they have a responsibility to make sure they are not contributing to pill mills.

full http://www.news-press.com/article/2...rmacies-refuse-fill-meds?odyssey=mod|mostview

Come 1-1-12 my doctor will no longer be able to write scripts for anything more than Tramadol for his chronic pain patents. Now I read this about the pharmacies and wonder if I'll even be able to get my last script of Oxycodone filled I get tomorrow. I was going to taper and stop taking.

Leaping Gnome

Last edited by a moderator:
The dope Game is about to BLOW UP in the face of Florida officials....
Feed people drugs, than just stopping them when the user does not really
want to stop using is not going to end pretty, all this is going to do is end in many crimes & deaths....

^Yep.

I wonder if the lawmakers will figure this out finally (they probably won't - look at FL's track record...)

I don't know if dope will start showing up left and right, but the price of pills is going to skyrocket. And even if people switch to dope, the number of overdose deaths will still go down, because how many of these "pain patients" can afford to regularly pick up 300 oxys worth of brown?

^ implying that buying consistent large quantities will be what causes ODs. What will cause ODs is someone who is a relatively naive user of opiates accidentally taking too much heroin when he doesn't know how to gauge purity.

^how does anyone gauge the purity of street heroin?

What a pile of shit! I would be livid if i walked into a pharmacy to get my morphine script filled and they said no sorry but we are puritans who believe you must suffer for god. Alot more heroin is going to end up on the streets that's for sure and the OD's will follow.

Is it just me or does Florida seem to be the state that symbolizes the worst in America?

I believe the post was an answer to the post before his. He said exactly. As in how exactly do you determine the purity of street heroin. I am not a genius, but I think that was what he said exactly to. I dunno, I could be wrong.

I believe the post was an answer to the post before his. He said exactly. As in how exactly do you determine the purity of street heroin. I am not a genius, but I think that was what he said exactly to. I dunno, I could be wrong.

Read your local newspaper about heroin busts they usually tell you the street & cross street & town & County & Highly inflated price so the bust looks better

Idiots! The lawmakers that is. Tramadol and nothing stronger? Are you serious? Like someone else said... This is going to end up making a ton of legitimate chronic pain patients who have been on a long term steady dosage of strong opioids turn to - eventually no doubt - heroin. Personally I would be furious if my pharmacy would refuse to fill a narcotic Rx. In fact, I'd probably - waddaya know - be lookin to grab some diverted oxy, dillies or smack.

Dudeeeeee FUCK OFFF! EVERYONE! We areee allowed to use drugs! It is our god given right. Especially people who actually need the painkilling effects of opiates to sustain a reasonable quality of life. Worry about you and fuck out of everyone elses business. If someone has a prescription and they want it filled, your a pharmacist now fucking fill it.

^ implying that buying consistent large quantities will be what causes ODs. What will cause ODs is someone who is a relatively naive user of opiates accidentally taking too much heroin when he doesn't know how to gauge purity.

qft, think i'm the only person who understands this guy.

What I meant was, a seasoned gear user knows how to dose. Sure, he probably doesn't know the exact % of it, but they will probably know how much to pin without ODing. Get someone who has never used gear before, doesn't know many (if any) people that do, you can imagine some people will just go 'I suppose i'll just eat/snort all of this then' and end up ODing.

Heroin will blow up, In Indy that happened. When pills became much harder to come by, everyone turned to heroin. It is very strong and many people have the "fuck it ill do it all attitude". Until you know your tolerance that is the danger, Product never changes but people are ignorant. It becomes that person in your family no one likes to talk about into something common and socially acceptable among users.
Personally I think many VERY rich people don't care because if there is large amounts of money to be made the super rich will have there hands in it no doubt. They may stay removed but don't fool yourselves into thinking the elites don't put there hands into a pot of gold haha.
Our world is a sick place when legitimate people with legitimate scripts can't get a life saving chemical because of someones fear of the government. Opiates are not something that can be removed out of spite suddenly. A very wealthy man can have his entire life turn to dust because of someones bad decision. Our rights are dissapearing faster and faster. It is speeding up, be very afraid of whats coming. Our country is taking our rights away. It started slow but it is becoming more and more blatant. Im afraid of the years to come. Sorry about the doom and gloom haha

Idiots! The lawmakers that is. Tramadol and nothing stronger? Are you serious? Like someone else said... This is going to end up making a ton of legitimate chronic pain patients who have been on a long term steady dosage of strong opioids turn to - eventually no doubt - heroin. Personally I would be furious if my pharmacy would refuse to fill a narcotic Rx. In fact, I'd probably - waddaya know - be lookin to grab some diverted oxy, dillies or smack.

This is a definite step back in the war on 'the war on drugs.' there is a real basis for this course of action, but no justification for the measures taken. I agree with previous sentiments.

And F**k tramadol, it has a pretty limited efficacy, i.e. it works on a fairly random population--causing me absolutely no pain relief for a shoulder dislocation, while others use it recreationally. The dope influx to america's wang will spike as others have mentioned.

The lawmakers here are so far removed from the nature of the problem they are nobly trying to solve (bless their retarded hearts). It will cause much more harm than good; many will be hurt, inconvenienced, or possibly even wrecked by our legal system. Hopefully some good will come from the resolution of this imminent conflict.

Cocaine Cowboys forget about them.....Who are they?

Heroin Cowboys > Cocaine Cowboys