• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Pharmacies Refuse To Fill Meds (Florida Oxycodone)

Idiots! The lawmakers that is. Tramadol and nothing stronger? Are you serious? Like someone else said... This is going to end up making a ton of legitimate chronic pain patients who have been on a long term steady dosage of strong opioids turn to - eventually no doubt - heroin. Personally I would be furious if my pharmacy would refuse to fill a narcotic Rx. In fact, I'd probably - waddaya know - be lookin to grab some diverted oxy, dillies or smack.
The lawmakers here are so far removed from the nature of the problem they are nobly trying to solve (bless their retarded hearts). It will cause much more harm than good; many will be hurt, inconvenienced, or possibly even wrecked by our legal system. Hopefully some good will come from the resolution of this imminent conflict.

I'm not sure how the lawmakers are to blame for the decision of private pharmacies.

I also don't believe the line people are going to turn to heroin because a pharmacy won't fill their script. They are just going to have to drive to a different pharmacy. You think they are just going to throw away the script because one pharmacy wouldn't fill it?

I agree this decision is bogus, but it seems many people comment without even reading the article in question.

Heroin Cowboys

not to be confused with the Cowboy Junkies

FileProcessor.aspx

A little update on what happened with my EVIL Oxycodone script on 12-14-11. I get #240 15mg Oxycodone once a month. Its written 1-2 pills every 4 hours as needed. That means I could take up to 12 a day, or #360 a month. My average is 8 a day which comes out to # 240 a month.

With cooking for Thanksgiving, etc., I had to take more last month and I ran out of my script about 3:00 pm the day before I go in to see the doctor. So this put me in WD the day of the script.

My wife drove to 3 different pharmacies and then dropped me off at home. Two stores of the same chain (pharmacies named in the article) between them only had #220 (#100 in one and #120 in the other.) (The 3rd was a mom & pop that hasn’t carried Oxycodone for 6 months.) They would not put them together from the two pharmacies. They wouldn’t give part of the script and fill the rest when more came in. They wouldn't EVEN call around to see if one of their other stores had the full script. They wouldn't tell me over the phone if they had enough to fill it...so that meant driving all over the town to find out. After 8 pharmacies my wife comes home empty. I was so sick by then, I ask her just to go back and have the one fill it with the #120 and forget about the rest. She went to both of the ones that had the #100 and #120...both were now all sold out. They were doing everything in their power to keep me from getting it filled!!!

I’m waiting to start hearing in the news about pharmacies getting held up for pain meds. I don’t really condone it, but from as sick as I was, I can totally understand it!!! I don’t know, maybe I do condone it as sick and pissed off as I was with it crossing my mind. I’d never done Heroin, but I was to the point I was ready to see if I could find some and hope I lived through it!!!

I call my doctor and explain it all to them. The head nurse tells me to go to this mom & pop pharmacy. We've never even heard of it, but it's been there for over 28 years. They ask to have the doctor fax over some of my records so they can see why I need it. i.e. MRI reports, etc. Come to find out the head nurse was already doing that before my wife got there. Needless to say, I'm done with the chain pharmacy I've used for 30 + years and transferring BP scripts over to this one!

They told my wife that they are the ONLY pharmacy in town that has them, or will admit to having them, and the script will NOT get filled anywhere!!! They are totally against what's going on with pain meds, the other pharmacies, and after seeing why I need them, they won't have a problem filling it from here on out...well, until they get shut down for it. They know my doctor and his 40 year practice and he's NOT one that just passes out scripts for pain meds without a damn good reason!

As I've said, after the new laws on 1-1-12 my GP doctor can no longer write any schedule 11 meds...so it's the last one anyway. At least one thing, my insurance changes on 1-1-12 and I will now be able to go to a pain doctor. At this point, do I take any more scripts from the pain doctor always worrying about WD's with what new BS laws will be written to include them?

My wife wrote out a plain to tapper and to stop taking them. From being sick the first day I took 9 15mg pills, or 135mg total. The last 4 days I've been on 7 a day, or 105mg total. Today I start on 6 - 6/1/2 pills for 5 days. I don’t know why, but yesterday was the worst. I wasn’t at all sick, it was my mind racing and that empty feeling wanting to take more.

Does this sound like a good plan to get off of them dropping ½ - 1 pill every 5 days? She has it figured out where I’m down to like ½ a pill twice a day for I guess 5 days.

Someday when the only free-dumb left is the free in “DRUG FREE AMERICA,” you will wonder where your rights have gone!!! (Sounds like a bumper sticker to me.)

Leaping Gnome

^there's always methadone. Some clinics will let you ad-lib the dose all the way to over 200 mg. Their only concern is that you remain comfortable. I don't know what the equi-analgesic dose of methadone to 120 mg of oxycodone is.

How do you pronounce your screen name? :)

Thanks, but from what I've read here on BL about Methadone, I'm not sure I want to mess with it maybe opening up a can of worms of a whole different color.

The thing of it is, I really need the pills for pain!!! The mom & pop pharmacy saw my documentation and that's why they didn't have any problem filling the script. I would think the other national chain pharmacies would have enough sense to follow their lead for the people that really need them. Or at the "VARY LEAST" with people that have been on an additive substance for X amount of years going to them every month would be to let them know this will be the last script they will fill!!!

My doctor told me at my November visit that with the new law on 1-1-12 he would only be able to write one more script. He told me a sad story about one of elderly female patience. The poor old thing for YEARS had uncontrollable, and a lot of times, explosive diarrhea. She had to wear a dipper day and night. She'd been to many doctors and tests over the years. No doctor could figure out what was causing it, or what to do for it.

Just about 10 years ago she had surgery for an unrelated problem. She was prescribed Percodan for pain from the surgery. The first time in YEARS she doesn't have diarrhea and had normal bowl movements. Once she stops the Percodan the woman has diarrhea again just like before.

My doctor tests out the Percodan many times having her take it and stop taking it. Every time she was off of it her problem returned. He also tried other opiates and the Oxycodone in the percs was the ONLY drug that stopped it. For the last 10 years he's had her on the lowest mg of Percodan once a day.

So now with the new laws where only a pain management doctor will be able to write the script, the poor old thing is screwed!!! He said all she had to say when he told her was something like, "I pray God will take me before my pills run out." Pretty damn sad, huh!!! He said that was one of the worst moments in his 40 years of practice!

Leaping Gnome

I wonder where the next place is that liberally dispenses narcotics if you have the money.

hrm.

I wonder where the next place is that liberally dispenses narcotics if you have the money.

hrm.
Do you mean the Florida "Pill Mills?"

That's where I first went when I retired and moved from California to Florida. (I was on meds before from Kaiser and a spine care/surgery center in Calif.) To say the least, I don't know how the mill I went to is still open. I saw kids passed out on the front lawn waiting for their partner to return with the script. The nurse had to "SHAKE" the next person to see the doctor to wake him up. See, it was because he was dead tired from working all night. Seems like a good excuse to me. That's just a couple of things...but out of the 4 months I went there it was about the norm.

(I was happy when I started going to my now GP doctor for other things like high BP and he didn't have a problem with pain meds with my history, etc.)

So yes, the mills are not right and they are what's caused the problem. But what the government is doing isn't going to stop the mills. They will be the ones that will be able to write scripts and fill them on site. Makes sense, they are the problem, so let’s write laws and make them the ones that are still able to continue??? LOL I believe it does put a cap on the amount of scripts, on site pills that can be dispensed, or both…or that law was already put into practice this year. What it does is effect the small percentage of NOT the problem patents that I fall into. They didn't even give the new data base a chance to work before they changed the laws once again.

Anyway, I start on my 6.5 pills, or 97.5mg for 5 days today.

Leaping Gnome

The dope Game is about to BLOW UP in the face of Florida officials....
Feed people drugs, than just stopping them when the user does not really
want to stop using is not going to end pretty, all this is going to do is end in many crimes & deaths....

what don't you guys understand?? the real people profiting from the illegal drug trade (especially heroin) can make TONS more cash tax free from selling heroin then they can from selling pharmaceuticals through legit companies.

Need HELP... does anyone know what exactly Tramadol 37.5/325mg APAP is? will it help if im dope sick? how many would i have to take to equal a roxycodone 30mg? SOMEONE PLEASE ANSWER!! im very sick right now... waiting for a reply.. :)

This is not the right place for that question at all but I will humor you. Tramadol might take the edge of your dopesickness but it will not make you well. The pills you have are about the worst formulation of tramadol available because they are both low dose and cut with apap. I'd take 4 or 5 and hope for the best, but don't expect much at all. The best you can hope for is to take the edge off a bit. They don't really compare to oxycodone at all.

Need HELP... does anyone know what exactly Tramadol 37.5/325mg APAP is? will it help if im dope sick? how many would i have to take to equal a roxycodone 30mg? SOMEONE PLEASE ANSWER!! im very sick right now... waiting for a reply.. :)

Be careful: the APAP is a poison. Many people that do not know this die very slow, painful deaths every year. Do not take more than 12 pills per 24 hours.

Tramadol hasn't done a damn thing for me when I've been detoxing, but others report some relief.

A few days ago, I think it’s 4 now, an elderly man in Florida got his door broke down and two young men beat him with a tire iron to steel his pain meds. He was hurt pretty badly and his trailer door looked like it would need to be replaced. He was in disbelief it happened for pills and he's in fear for his life to return to his own home. There was also money taken, but it sounded like in the interview with him it happened mainly for the meds. It was on ABC CH 7 news at 6pm.

Imagine that, you don't think there’s a remote possibility that crime could have any connection to the pharmacies refusing to fill scripts for pain meds, do you? I know crimes like this have happened before the “Florida Pharmacy Authority” came into power…but I'm SURE they are going to happen a lot more often and innocent people are going to get killed!!! I wonder if theses pharmacies realize the stage they have set? I bet they start to pick up on a few hints as tire irons across the fine state of Florida begin to turn to them for assistance.

Leaping Gnome

You will have better luck with Imodium

The pharmacies get am allotment. When everyone and their brother is looking for them, most of them to sell, then the pharmacies are going to save the oxys for customers whom have been coming in for a long time and ignore the rest. Its completely understandable. What pharmacy wants a bunch of 24 year old drug dealers with faked MRIs coming in with their baby mammas and their endlessly ringing cell phones coming in constantly to buy oxys? When Nana is right next to them. Most family pharmacys want nothing to do with it.

Its completely understandable, and I am being negatively affected by it as well.

We can thank the DEA & big brother for the police state this country is becoming. Doctors are afraid of being arrested for prescribing legitimate scripts.........this world is becoming a sad state of affairs.........like they know whats best for us...........

what don't you guys understand?? the real people profiting from the illegal drug trade (especially heroin) can make TONS more cash tax free from selling heroin then they can from selling pharmaceuticals through legit companies.

Precisely! Its all about the cash...........

Just moved here from ny and was wondering if you lived near Daytona beach. JAY. Ps thanks

No Oxys no heroin.
What´s happening to Florida.
Soon to be the coke state.

We can thank the DEA & big brother for the police state this country is becoming. Doctors are afraid of being arrested for prescribing legitimate scripts.........this world is becoming a sad state of affairs.........like they know whats best for us...........

Sad but true..