Bluelight

Thread: Pharmacies Refuse To Fill Meds (Florida Oxycodone)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Pharmacies Refuse To Fill Meds (Florida Oxycodone) 
    Bluelighter
    Middle finger
    The war on prescription drug abuse in Lee County has shifted in recent months. Some pharmacists now refuse to fill pain medication prescriptions for patients believed overprescribed by some doctors.

Such patients are upset over the refusal to fill what they say are legitimate prescriptions. Pharmacies counter that they have a responsibility to make sure they are not contributing to pill mills.

full http://www.news-press.com/article/20...y=mod|mostview

Come 1-1-12 my doctor will no longer be able to write scripts for anything more than Tramadol for his chronic pain patents. Now I read this about the pharmacies and wonder if I'll even be able to get my last script of Oxycodone filled I get tomorrow. I was going to taper and stop taking.

Leaping Gnome
    Last edited by 23536; 13-12-2011 at 18:45. Reason: added article text

2. Collapse Details

The dope Game is about to BLOW UP in the face of Florida officials....
    Feed people drugs, than just stopping them when the user does not really
    want to stop using is not going to end pretty, all this is going to do is end in many crimes & deaths....

3. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Basic Drug Discussion
    ^Yep.

I wonder if the lawmakers will figure this out finally (they probably won't - look at FL's track record...)

BDD Guidelines! - BLUA - BL Search! - Conversions for Opiates & Benzos - Save Your Liver Do a CWE

4. Collapse Details

Time to buy some buildings and open up some detox's in florida

5. Collapse Details

I don't know if dope will start showing up left and right, but the price of pills is going to skyrocket. And even if people switch to dope, the number of overdose deaths will still go down, because how many of these "pain patients" can afford to regularly pick up 300 oxys worth of brown?

6. Collapse Details

^ implying that buying consistent large quantities will be what causes ODs. What will cause ODs is someone who is a relatively naive user of opiates accidentally taking too much heroin when he doesn't know how to gauge purity.

7. Collapse Details

Drugs In The Media
    Current Events & Politics
    ^how does anyone gauge the purity of street heroin?

8. Collapse Details

^ exactly.

9. Collapse Details

Bluelight Crew paranoid android's Avatar
    What a pile of shit! I would be livid if i walked into a pharmacy to get my morphine script filled and they said no sorry but we are puritans who believe you must suffer for god. Alot more heroin is going to end up on the streets that's for sure and the OD's will follow.

Is it just me or does Florida seem to be the state that symbolizes the worst in America?

10. Collapse Details

Non-Electronic Music Discussion
    MDMA & Empathogenic Drugs
    Quote Originally Posted by nAON View Post
    ^ exactly.
    That didn't make any sense.

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Laika View Post
    That didn't make any sense.
    Precisely

12. Collapse Details

I believe the post was an answer to the post before his. He said exactly. As in how exactly do you determine the purity of street heroin. I am not a genius, but I think that was what he said exactly to. I dunno, I could be wrong.

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Pushton View Post
    I believe the post was an answer to the post before his. He said exactly. As in how exactly do you determine the purity of street heroin. I am not a genius, but I think that was what he said exactly to. I dunno, I could be wrong.
    Read your local newspaper about heroin busts they usually tell you the street & cross street & town & County & Highly inflated price so the bust looks better

14. Collapse Details

Beyond this point, you may encounter nude sunbathers eating waffles.
    Idiots! The lawmakers that is. Tramadol and nothing stronger? Are you serious? Like someone else said... This is going to end up making a ton of legitimate chronic pain patients who have been on a long term steady dosage of strong opioids turn to - eventually no doubt - heroin. Personally I would be furious if my pharmacy would refuse to fill a narcotic Rx. In fact, I'd probably - waddaya know - be lookin to grab some diverted oxy, dillies or smack.

15. Collapse Details

" I feel bad for those who have never been addicted to drugs...they dont know what it feels like to want something REALLY bad...and then get it over and over again"
    Dudeeeeee FUCK OFFF! EVERYONE! We areee allowed to use drugs! It is our god given right. Especially people who actually need the painkilling effects of opiates to sustain a reasonable quality of life. Worry about you and fuck out of everyone elses business. If someone has a prescription and they want it filled, your a pharmacist now fucking fill it.

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by nAON View Post
    ^ implying that buying consistent large quantities will be what causes ODs. What will cause ODs is someone who is a relatively naive user of opiates accidentally taking too much heroin when he doesn't know how to gauge purity.
    qft, think i'm the only person who understands this guy.

17. Collapse Details

What I meant was, a seasoned gear user knows how to dose. Sure, he probably doesn't know the exact % of it, but they will probably know how much to pin without ODing. Get someone who has never used gear before, doesn't know many (if any) people that do, you can imagine some people will just go 'I suppose i'll just eat/snort all of this then' and end up ODing.

18. Collapse Details

Greenlighter
    Heroin will blow up, In Indy that happened. When pills became much harder to come by, everyone turned to heroin. It is very strong and many people have the "fuck it ill do it all attitude". Until you know your tolerance that is the danger, Product never changes but people are ignorant. It becomes that person in your family no one likes to talk about into something common and socially acceptable among users.
    Personally I think many VERY rich people don't care because if there is large amounts of money to be made the super rich will have there hands in it no doubt. They may stay removed but don't fool yourselves into thinking the elites don't put there hands into a pot of gold haha.
    Our world is a sick place when legitimate people with legitimate scripts can't get a life saving chemical because of someones fear of the government. Opiates are not something that can be removed out of spite suddenly. A very wealthy man can have his entire life turn to dust because of someones bad decision. Our rights are dissapearing faster and faster. It is speeding up, be very afraid of whats coming. Our country is taking our rights away. It started slow but it is becoming more and more blatant. Im afraid of the years to come. Sorry about the doom and gloom haha

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ro4eva View Post
    Idiots! The lawmakers that is. Tramadol and nothing stronger? Are you serious? Like someone else said... This is going to end up making a ton of legitimate chronic pain patients who have been on a long term steady dosage of strong opioids turn to - eventually no doubt - heroin. Personally I would be furious if my pharmacy would refuse to fill a narcotic Rx. In fact, I'd probably - waddaya know - be lookin to grab some diverted oxy, dillies or smack.
    This is a definite step back in the war on 'the war on drugs.' there is a real basis for this course of action, but no justification for the measures taken. I agree with previous sentiments.

And F**k tramadol, it has a pretty limited efficacy, i.e. it works on a fairly random population--causing me absolutely no pain relief for a shoulder dislocation, while others use it recreationally. The dope influx to america's wang will spike as others have mentioned.

The lawmakers here are so far removed from the nature of the problem they are nobly trying to solve (bless their retarded hearts). It will cause much more harm than good; many will be hurt, inconvenienced, or possibly even wrecked by our legal system. Hopefully some good will come from the resolution of this imminent conflict.

20. Collapse Details

Cocaine Cowboys forget about them.....Who are they?

Heroin Cowboys > Cocaine Cowboys

21. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    The lawmakers here are so far removed from the nature of the problem they are nobly trying to solve (bless their retarded hearts). It will cause much more harm than good; many will be hurt, inconvenienced, or possibly even wrecked by our legal system. Hopefully some good will come from the resolution of this imminent conflict.
    I'm not sure how the lawmakers are to blame for the decision of private pharmacies.

I also don't believe the line people are going to turn to heroin because a pharmacy won't fill their script. They are just going to have to drive to a different pharmacy. You think they are just going to throw away the script because one pharmacy wouldn't fill it?

I agree this decision is bogus, but it seems many people comment without even reading the article in question.

22. Collapse Details

Drugs In The Media
    Quote Originally Posted by Unbreakable View Post
    Heroin Cowboys
    not to be confused with the Cowboy Junkies

23. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    A little update on what happened with my EVIL Oxycodone script on 12-14-11. I get #240 15mg Oxycodone once a month. Its written 1-2 pills every 4 hours as needed. That means I could take up to 12 a day, or #360 a month. My average is 8 a day which comes out to # 240 a month.

With cooking for Thanksgiving, etc., I had to take more last month and I ran out of my script about 3:00 pm the day before I go in to see the doctor. So this put me in WD the day of the script.

My wife drove to 3 different pharmacies and then dropped me off at home. Two stores of the same chain (pharmacies named in the article) between them only had #220 (#100 in one and #120 in the other.) (The 3rd was a mom & pop that hasn’t carried Oxycodone for 6 months.) They would not put them together from the two pharmacies. They wouldn’t give part of the script and fill the rest when more came in. They wouldn't EVEN call around to see if one of their other stores had the full script. They wouldn't tell me over the phone if they had enough to fill it...so that meant driving all over the town to find out. After 8 pharmacies my wife comes home empty. I was so sick by then, I ask her just to go back and have the one fill it with the #120 and forget about the rest. She went to both of the ones that had the #100 and #120...both were now all sold out. They were doing everything in their power to keep me from getting it filled!!!

I’m waiting to start hearing in the news about pharmacies getting held up for pain meds. I don’t really condone it, but from as sick as I was, I can totally understand it!!! I don’t know, maybe I do condone it as sick and pissed off as I was with it crossing my mind. I’d never done Heroin, but I was to the point I was ready to see if I could find some and hope I lived through it!!!

I call my doctor and explain it all to them. The head nurse tells me to go to this mom & pop pharmacy. We've never even heard of it, but it's been there for over 28 years. They ask to have the doctor fax over some of my records so they can see why I need it. i.e. MRI reports, etc. Come to find out the head nurse was already doing that before my wife got there. Needless to say, I'm done with the chain pharmacy I've used for 30 + years and transferring BP scripts over to this one!

They told my wife that they are the ONLY pharmacy in town that has them, or will admit to having them, and the script will NOT get filled anywhere!!! They are totally against what's going on with pain meds, the other pharmacies, and after seeing why I need them, they won't have a problem filling it from here on out...well, until they get shut down for it. They know my doctor and his 40 year practice and he's NOT one that just passes out scripts for pain meds without a damn good reason!

As I've said, after the new laws on 1-1-12 my GP doctor can no longer write any schedule 11 meds...so it's the last one anyway. At least one thing, my insurance changes on 1-1-12 and I will now be able to go to a pain doctor. At this point, do I take any more scripts from the pain doctor always worrying about WD's with what new BS laws will be written to include them?

My wife wrote out a plain to tapper and to stop taking them. From being sick the first day I took 9 15mg pills, or 135mg total. The last 4 days I've been on 7 a day, or 105mg total. Today I start on 6 - 6/1/2 pills for 5 days. I don’t know why, but yesterday was the worst. I wasn’t at all sick, it was my mind racing and that empty feeling wanting to take more.

Does this sound like a good plan to get off of them dropping - 1 pill every 5 days? She has it figured out where I’m down to like a pill twice a day for I guess 5 days.

Someday when the only free-dumb left is the free in “DRUG FREE AMERICA,” you will wonder where your rights have gone!!! (Sounds like a bumper sticker to me.)

Leaping Gnome

24. Collapse Details

Drugs In The Media
    ^there's always methadone. Some clinics will let you ad-lib the dose all the way to over 200 mg. Their only concern is that you remain comfortable. I don't know what the equi-analgesic dose of methadone to 120 mg of oxycodone is.

25. Collapse Details

Bluelighter

How do you pronounce your screen name?

Thanks, but from what I've read here on BL about Methadone, I'm not sure I want to mess with it maybe opening up a can of worms of a whole different color.

The thing of it is, I really need the pills for pain!!! The mom & pop pharmacy saw my documentation and that's why they didn't have any problem filling the script. I would think the other national chain pharmacies would have enough sense to follow their lead for the people that really need them. Or at the "VARY LEAST" with people that have been on an additive substance for X amount of years going to them every month would be to let them know this will be the last script they will fill!!!

My doctor told me at my November visit that with the new law on 1-1-12 he would only be able to write one more script. He told me a sad story about one of elderly female patience. The poor old thing for YEARS had uncontrollable, and a lot of times, explosive diarrhea. She had to wear a dipper day and night. She'd been to many doctors and tests over the years. No doctor could figure out what was causing it, or what to do for it.

Just about 10 years ago she had surgery for an unrelated problem. She was prescribed Percodan for pain from the surgery. The first time in YEARS she doesn't have diarrhea and had normal bowl movements. Once she stops the Percodan the woman has diarrhea again just like before.

My doctor tests out the Percodan many times having her take it and stop taking it. Every time she was off of it her problem returned. He also tried other opiates and the Oxycodone in the percs was the ONLY drug that stopped it. For the last 10 years he's had her on the lowest mg of Percodan once a day.

So now with the new laws where only a pain management doctor will be able to write the script, the poor old thing is screwed!!! He said all she had to say when he told her was something like, "I pray God will take me before my pills run out." Pretty damn sad, huh!!! He said that was one of the worst moments in his 40 years of practice!

Leaping Gnome

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast