The Wiki project- an open discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vader

Bluelight Crew
This thread is intended to facilitate discussion of how best to progress with the Wiki project. I invite anyone to share any opinions or questions that they might have with regards to the Wiki in here. I have a couple of ideas of my own. Firstly, I have noticed that a lot of the discussion about the Wiki has been happening through PMs. I would like to see that change, and for this forum to have more traffic. The whole point of the wiki is that it will be inclusive and collaborative, and it seems that the best way to act by those principles is to keep everything as open as possible. Secondly, I'd like all potential contributors who feel that a page should be created/edited to create a corresponding thread in this forum in which the aims and objectives of the page can be discussed. Well, that's all for now, thanks folks, I look forward to hearing what you have to say.

I've had a lot of experience working with and administrating MediaWiki, so I'm interested in this on a technical level probably even more than on the content level. I'd like to do some work setting up templates for things like infoboxes, navboxes, message boxes, etc., as well as working on layout stuff. I think I can also be helpful working on organizational stuff and recommending technical tweaks like extensions or whatnot to help the wiki work better.

I have a virtual server with a few different mediawiki installs set up that I use to test stuff. I'll work up a few examples of templates and toss in some of the content that's already on the wiki so you can see what I'm talking about and see if you like it. I like playing with this stuff anyway, so even if folks hate it it keeps me busy for a bit. ;)

What about making a stickie thread about the BLWiki in most focus forums and the like, this way more people know about the project and can help. It became apparent to me while working on this that a lot of Bluelighters didn't even know that the wiki site existed. Lets face it, there are a number of people on here that probably have some extra time on their hands for one reason or another, who after reading whatever threads they like, find themselves hitting the "whats new?" tab every 5 minutes hoping to find something else that interests them. This project can put that time in which they would normally use trying to find any thread that remotely interests them, and put it to something that they have a genuine interest in.

These are the forums that I think would benefit the most from a stickie with a link to both this forum and the actual BLWiki page, along with a mission statement and whatever other relevant info.
  • Psychedelic Drugs- From new RC's to older psychedelics, these drugs make up a decent percentage of the drugs in the wiki.
  • Cannabis Discussion- jwh's, cannabinoids, etc...
  • Ecstasy Discussion- Obviously MDMA, but also other drugs and RC's that may overlap with PD.
  • Other Drugs and BDD- Opioids, Benzos, Cocaine, Meth, and others.

I don't see the harm in doing this, and there isn't anything to lose by doing so.
I was going to just PM you guys with this info, but then re-read the OP where Vader says he wants to see the project ideas discussed more openly as opposed to via PM.

^ I agree! We need to get the word out so more people start contributing and we'll have this thing filled in no time.

I noticed that certain articles on the wiki (like the Drug FAQs page) are currently being used like Category pages. If you wanted to make it easier, you could make it a Drug FAQs Category, so that the list will be self-updating. You can still write on the category page as if it were an article, but the major difference is that every article within this category will now conveniently link to it. Plus you won't have to manually input every drug FAQ that gets added to the wiki. There are other pages where similar tricks could be used. For example, you could have the Psychedelics article redirect to the Psychedelics Category instead of just being identical to the Drug FAQs Template. Some other categories could use the same fix (e.g. Psychotropics, Tryptamines, Benzodizepines, etc.) I've taken the liberty of implementing this for the Opiates page so that you can have an idea of what I'm talking about. If this causes any contention please feel free to restore the previous content; it's as simple as two undo's!

BTW are we trying to keep the Empathogens and Entactogens pages separate? The two are technically different descriptors ('path' being a connection to others, while 'tact' is relating to touch), but I think that Empathogens and Entactogens would make a great name for a category to contain the two. This is all relatively simple wiki formatting if you decide to do it, but if you don't have the time then I would be more than willing to volunteer my services to the cause.

Last edited:
May I suggest a different font for the BLWiki logo?

And maybe a better gif? The current version looks rather like it was thrown together IMHO (blurry, blown up version of the BL logo and pixelated text).

I realize the wiki is still a work in progress, but it's the little things...

I would also put a "Wiki" tab at the top next to the Home and Forum tabs to attract some attention. I'm sure some people have the forum homepage as their BL bookmark and aren't even aware the wiki exists.

Just some (hopefully) helpful feedback

I think adding a Wiki tag at the top is an excellent idea! And I agree, I rarely check out the main page and people still don't seem to know about the wiki. :(

I've been working on a list of compounds that were noticeably missing from the wiki. I'm gonna start writing up some pages for these, but I could use some help! And please don't feel limited by this list, we will probably think of more:
Mescaline; LSD; Majick muschrooms; Khat; Betel Nut; Hagigat; Akuamma seed; Propofol; Selegiline (l-Deprenyl); DMAA; Caffeine; Nicotine; Melatonin; 5-HTP; Pramipexole; DET; Seroquel (Quetiapine); 2-AI; 5-IAI; 4-AcO-DET; 4-AcO-DiPT; NBOMe's; 1-ethynylcyclohexanol; 4-MTA;

Here is an updating list of all red links on the wiki, in other words these are pages that are linked to but haven't been written yet: http://wiki.bluelight.ru/index.php/Special:WantedPages

Opioids: Fentanyl; Demerol (Pethidine); Darvocet (Dextropropoxyphene); Imodium (Loperamide); Dromoran (Levorphanol); Tramadol; Kratom; Opium; W-18; AH-7921; MT-45; Pholcodine; O-DT

Racetams: Piracetam; Aniracetam; Oxiracetam; Pramiracetam

Stimulants: Epinephrine; Ephedrine/Pseudoephedrine; MPA; MDE; MDPR; PMMA; 4-MTA; 4-Methylaminorex; Benzocaine; D2PM; Theophylline; Theobromine; Phentermine; Fenfluramine
Cathinones: Ethcathinone; NEB; NEP; MBDB; 4-MeMABP; 4-MEC; a-PVP; a-PVT; DMC; 3,4-DMMC (M2); MPBP; 4-MBC (Benzedrone); 4-EMC; 5ME

Piperazines: BZP; m-CPP; TFMPP; MeOPP; MDBZP; MBZP; DBZP; 2C-B-BZP​

Muscle relaxers: Robaxin (Methocarbamol); Skelaxin (Metaxalone); Flexeril (Cyclobenzaprine); Zanaflex (Tizanidine); Soma (Carisoprodol); Gamaquil (Phenprobamate); Equanil (Meprobamate)

GABAergics: Absinthe; Rohypnol (Flunitrazepam); Temazepam; Triazolam; Nitrazepam; Etizolam; GHB: GHV; GBL; GVL; GVL; 1,4-Butanediol; M2B2
The Z-drugs: Sonata (Zaleplon); Ambien (Zolpidem); Imovane (Zopiclone); Lunesta (Eszopiclone); Chloral hydrate (Mickey Finn)

Barbiturates: Amytal (Amobarbital); Luminal (Phenobarbital); Veronal (Barbital); Pentothal (Thiopental); Fioricet (Butalbital); Nembutal (Pentobarbital); Seconal (Secobarbital)

Quaaludes: Etaqualone; Methylmethaqualone; Methaqualone; Cloroqualone; Diproqualone; Mebroqualone; Mecloqualone I don't know if these are still in use but maybe we could make a single page for all of these Quinazolinones​

Solvents/Inhalants: Amyls; Chloroform; Duster; Ether; Petroleum ether; Ethylene; Methanol; Chlorobutanol; Isopropyl nitrate;

Deliriants:
Anticholinergics: BZ; Datura & Belladonna/Nightshade or we could have pages for Tropane Alkaloids: Scopolamine; Atropine; Hyoscyamine​

Antihistaminergics: Provigil (Modafinil); Olmifon (Adrafinil); Diphenhydramine (Benadryl/Dramamine); Promethazine; Chlorphenamine (Coricidin)

Peptides: Oxytocin; PT-141; GHRP-6; MT-II; Thymosin beta-4; Delta sleep peptide; Mechano growth factor; Growth hormone fragments

Antidepressants: Trazodone; Fluoxetine; Sertraline (Zoloft)

Adulterants: Guanfacine; DMSO; HPβCD; Diltiazem; Phenacetin; Crospovidone; Levamisole; Benocyclidine; Phenolphthalein (laxatives)

Oh and we might want some pages for the synthetic cannabinoids. We probably don't need to list every single JWH/AM cannabinoid, but should try to mention those that are being sold and getting banned all around the world. (JWH-007, 015, 019, 081, 133, 200, 203, 210, 250, 251, 307, 398; AM-679, 694, 1220, 1248, 2201, 2233) This should also include HU's; CP's; WIN's; SR-18; RCS-4; BAY 38-7271; JTE-907; A-796,260; A-834,735; A-836,339; and maybe some enzyme inhibitors URB(597, 602, 754)

Also these pages currently have articles, but lack Wiki or Erowid pages: MPT, 4-AcO-AET, 4-AcO-DALT, 4-AcO-DPT, 4-PRO-DiPT

List of designer drugs: www.chemograph.de/dd2012/substanceListing.html
List of nootropics: www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showwiki.php?title=List_of_Nootropics

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.