• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Common chemicals used to Cut Heroin

BackSeatSuicide

Bluelighter
So I am aware that no matter what Heroin you get, it's gonna be cut, cause it has to be, otherwise we would all OD and die, cause Pure heroin is strong a fuck ! lol. I was wondering tho, what are the most common agents used to cut Heroin? I've noticed that most of the Black Tar that we get up here in Washington State has an almost Vinegar-like smell to it.

Lately, I've been getting what I think is pretty decent stuff, cause for one it gets me High as hell, and even tho I don't have a lot of experience with Heroin since I've only been doing it for a couple months, I do have a lot of experience with pharmaceutical Opiates (as well as other non-opiate drugs) such as Oxycontin, Oxycodone, Percosets, Morphine, MS-Contin, etc. I have been doing opiates for the last 7 years (been a drug user for over 10yrs) so I know enough to know whether or not something is getting me a good high for the amount that i did. The other reason I think what I've been getting lately is pretty decent, is that I've noticed that there less stuff left floating around in the spoon after I melt the Heroin down. Usually when I get not so good of stuff, that is hella cut, there's quite a bit of stuff left floating in the solution, after I melt the Heroin down. But like I said, lately the stuff I've been getting has been getting me really fucked up on smaller amounts.

For awhile i was having to do more then .1 per shot to get a good high, bit for the last month since I started going through a new guy, I've only had to do .1 or less per shot, to get a really good high, and like i said, there isn't that much stuff left in the solution after melting the heroin down. And the reason I was wanting to know what the most common things that are use to cut heroin with are, is because sometimes, even after filtering it with a cotton ball (which i kno a micron filter would be best, but I don't always have access to one) I can see just a couple tiny flakes of whatever it was cut with, in the syringe after I suck the solution up, and sometimes I didn't notice it til it was too late, so whatever it was, went into my veins.

Obviously I am ok cause I am here typing this, and I just did a shot about 15min ago, where I had this problem with, just a few small flakes of whatever it was cut with were in the syringe, except this one was of the times I notice it in time, so I re-filtered it and got it clean. So yea, can anyone tell me what like the top 5 most commonly used chemicals/products are used to cut heroin with ? As well as let me know (obviously any of the cut getting into your veins is more then you want, but sometimes it happens) how bad it is for you to get some, like just a tiny amount, of the cut in your shot and into your veins.

Last edited by a moderator:
How about cutting that wall of text with some non acidic spaces

I am not really sure on the cuts.. its stuff thast safe to shoot no acidic. Vitamin c, lactose, shit like that. Myabe someone else can chime in. And yeah after you mixx water in, anything left floating is useless cut. That being said some cuts are water soluable.. so on one hand you can get dope with no soluable cuts that will filter out, or dope with soluable cuts.

But if you are getting dope that mixes up wiht nothing left behind, and looks GREAT in the pin then thats a good sign. Here in NYC ive been getting fuckin FIRE consistantly for months.. this 1 specific stamp that just blows my cock hard. It's nice fluffy white powder that mixes up fuckin mad easy with water, turns to 100% translucent iced-tea. Just plain beautiful honestly itll pop anyones boner.

Ive gotten dope that mixed up like yoohoo before and was actually good.. def some weird ass cut used there. If your a sniffer the cut is more important..cause you are consuming it all. Some cuts burn and shit. I know when a sniffer says yo this dope tastes mad good, it generally always is gonna be good dope tha mixes up nice. They are muc more picky abotu cuts. I coudlu care less about cuts.

All I know is these nyc bags have to be decently pure. For the size, and cleanness.. its like they are prescription dope lol. I have a high tolerance and a single bag shot fu cks my up.

Ther should NEVER EVER be any tiny particles floating in your shot. You are not filtering correctly. I dont micron I just use cotton and it coems out crystal clear. You need to roll it tighter or ensure you are filtering the whole thing through the cotton.

Think about where that shits gonna get lodged in your body.. your lungs prob.. build up over time, cause some probs

Last edited:
Hey, I have been on the same path you have been on. It is really hard to see where we are when we are on opiates like this. It is really hard to see how far we can slip, and we can lose contol. I wish you could hear the emotions and inflections in my voice. I knew a friend who shot up heroin with some particles in it, and he is dead now. I still remember the funeral. I spoke at it.

Please, my friend, wake up to your own reality! :(

Get off the heroin and go have a doctor help you with suboxone. You remind me too much of my friend.

Is it worth it, man? Is being high a worthy trade for getting killed for it in a few years and/or losing everything you ever loved?

Don't ignore me. Please. Your life is pretty important to you, right?

I was just talking to two other good people in emails about what you wrote, and we are all worried that you seem oblivious to the dangers of what you speak about. It is easy to see that the drugs are dominating you if you are so bad off that you will inject unidentified things into your veins.

But I understand! It is so hard to see from your perspective. It is hard to see the damage and what we lose when we are high, sheerly because we are happy and don't think about worrying things like this properly.

You aren't ok, man. I've been there. Wake up, man, get help.

Here:

http://www.suboxone.com/patients/here_to_help/find_a_doctor.aspx

I am not being rude. What you wrote is disturbingly like my friend and even relates to my own addiction, and you need some help to become TRULY happy and balanced. :)

I wrote this because I actually care about other people. I wrote this to help YOU. I wrote this to try and help you realize what you are doing to yourself. I wrote this because I WAS you a few years ago. I needed someone to tell me exactly what I just told you, otherwise I would be dead.

I wish I did so for my friend. I mentioned that at his funeral. I always regret that I didn't tell him what I just told you.

Last edited:
Do you really think saying it like that is going to get the man to want to get himself help?

@Buddingpharmacist
So I am guessing you've nothing to add about the cuts lol

Sidenote... saying "I'm not being a dick" doesn't stop you from coming off like one..or atleast it didn't help you all that much :)

Do you really think saying it like that is going to get the man to want to get himself help?

*sigh*

Couldn't hurt to try. I really hope he sees something in my words and takes something to heart.

It is hard to convey emotion in writing. I was trying to be kind, not condescending.

If I could leave the same message in voice, I would have done so.

Only trying to help. :(

The vinegar like smell is likely to be caused by acetic anhydride which reacts with water to form acetic acid (vinegar). Acetic anhydride is used to convert morphine to heroine. Could be that whoever synthesized your dope wasn`t to accurate when it came to extracting it from the reaction mixture and thus there are acetic anhydride /acid impurities in it.

*sigh*

Couldn't hurt to try. I really hope he sees something in my words and takes something to heart.

It is hard to convey emotion in writing. I was trying to be kind, not condescending.

If I could leave the same message in voice, I would have done so.

Only trying to help. :(
Well thanks for linking him to the Suboxone.com website in case he wants to get clean, but it's not too hard too use google. =D

IMO, tell us a little about what you went through while quitting, why you quit, how you did it, etc. instead of making drug addiction seem like hell on earth (even if it really is when you're going through withdrawals).

Captain heroin is right, don't dictate educate!

@Buddingpharmacist

Sidenote... saying "I'm not being a dick" doesn't stop you from coming off like one..or atleast it didn't help you all that much :)

I'm sorry thread starter/everyone. I rewrote everything.

I didn't mean to come off so badly as I did before. Feel free to read my first post in this thread over again. I did my best to show how I truly felt and why.

I'm sorry everyone. I rewrote everything.

I didn't mean to come off so badly as I did before. Feel free to read my first post in this thread over again. I did my best to show how I truly felt and why.

That's a little better. ;) I think someone would be more likely to react positively to what you wrote now.

Well thanks for linking him to the Suboxone.com website in case he wants to get clean, but it's not too hard too use google. =D

IMO, tell us a little about what you went through while quitting, why you quit, how you did it, etc. instead of making drug addiction seem like hell on earth (even if it really is when you're going through withdrawals).

Done. I'm sorry. I really am. Losing my best friend to a clot in his head after shooting up heroin cut with something just makes me want to punch my computer screen. I just want to help this guy, because I failed to help my friend and I wish I did. I would give anything to take my revised message back in time to my friend before he died. But I can't. At least I can help the TS, even thought my friend has passed on.

Thread Starter, I seriously care. I spent a lot of time rewritng my post in a real effort to help say something that might ring true to your heart.

I didn't mean any offense at all and I still don't.

Reading your thread makes me choke back some sad emotions in memory of my friend who is dead. If I were speaking what I wrote to you, I would probably have trouble finishing without getting emotional.

I hope the best for you and all others battling addiction. I'm a soldier in that war too, y'know. I know how much it hurts. I know how hard it is.

I'm here to help anyone. I came to this website to share knowledge, and I hope I can help at least a few people to avoid the bitter mistakes I have made so they don't feel the pain I have felt.

Last edited:
I think most people using heroin don't want to be using it, want to quit, know they are ruining their lives and bodies. That's just me though.. it didn't take someone to tell me that lol. It's not rocket science.. life sucks addicted to dope. But a dude comes here to talk about cuts.. I know this is a harm reduction board..but I think it's out of line to give this guy a 1 page lecture.

Also.. this is not like clear cut and easy. "get off heroin adn get on suboxone problem solved forever bro!!!~!" It's a fucking life long battle.

So.............. about the cuts.

In my experience, the bags we get around here on the east coast are almost always cut with good ol', water-soluble vitamin b. Don't believe me? Go to the store, unscrew the cap to some vitamin B complex and tell me what it smells like to you. ;)

I believe that it can sometimes be cut with quinine as well, but again, if you're on the east coast, then it's very likely vitamin b...

EDIT: I've also come across dope cut with coke, believe it or not. I remember getting the bags home, ripping and sniffing them with my girlfriend (we sniff our dope), and our tongues felt tingly and numb from the drip. Later, a friend of ours who had been sniffing the same dope failed a drug test not only for dope but for coke, despite having never done coke. So, naturally, we put two and two together...

I don't think that's a very common cut at all, but hey, it's not a bad little two for one deal... lol ;)

Last edited:
Yeah yo all the bags I get (NYC) dissolve completely.. whatever they use is water soluable. I wanna smell some vitamin c. I wanna see what PURE colombian dope looksl ike. Does anyone have a pic of pure colombian dope? Thats what we get in NYC/east coast None of that other bullshit that you need to mix ciitric acid wit or worse tar that fucks your veins in a year

Check out this thread and the other threads linked in there for info on cuts used.

Yeah yo all the bags I get (NYC) dissolve completely.. whatever they use is water soluable. I wanna smell some vitamin c. I wanna see what PURE colombian dope looksl ike. Does anyone have a pic of pure colombian dope? Thats what we get in NYC/east coast None of that other bullshit that you need to mix ciitric acid wit or worse tar that fucks your veins in a year

I think that they get to about 97% pure, and it's not really feasible for them to export 100% pure product. As for what it looks like, pure #4 heroin is white, but the color can vary still because it is usually still light brown at the end, but repeating the final step will make it whiter each time.

The vinegar like smell is likely to be caused by acetic anhydride which reacts with water to form acetic acid (vinegar). Acetic anhydride is used to convert morphine to heroine. Could be that whoever synthesized your dope wasn`t to accurate when it came to extracting it from the reaction mixture and thus there are acetic anhydride /acid impurities in it.
Actualy not trying to put you down at all but the vinegar smell is vinegar, The poeple that cut it use it to cover up mistakes like putting to much soda or coffee or even syrup, some put vitamins, laxatives, powdered sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, etc… you can cut heroin with almost anything but most choose to cut it with things that the customer will enjoy tasting or that will dissolve into a liquid at the speed of heroin. I use to sell and cut it so these are just some things I have learned from my experiences.

I live about 20 miles out of Seattle and the heroin were im at ("afghani brown") was getting cut at a ratio of about 1 to 1 with brown sugar (aka "Gunpowder Heroin") for a long ass time. Whatever ur getting is probably afghanistan brown powder heroin and if ur still getting fucked up off a .1 shot i doubt its cut.