• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Common chemicals used to Cut Heroin

Afghani heroin is cut as much as any heroin if you are getting it from a street dealer. If you are getting it from a straight source then It may only been cut once or twice in Afghanistan. But shooting and smoking this almost pure heroin is so dangerous for people that have been getting street tar for a long time one little shot could send you into a coma if your tolerance isn't high enough. Most street dealers will say its afghani but its probly not unless you are on the east coast.

I live about 20 miles out of Seattle and the heroin were im at ("afghani brown") was getting cut at a ratio of about 1 to 1 with brown sugar (aka "Gunpowder Heroin") for a long ass time. Whatever ur getting is probably afghanistan brown powder heroin and if ur still getting fucked up off a .1 shot i doubt its cut.
There is really no afghan heroin in the US, other than small amounts being brought in by individuals.

I live about 20 miles out of Seattle and the heroin were im at ("afghani brown") was getting cut at a ratio of about 1 to 1 with brown sugar (aka "Gunpowder Heroin") for a long ass time. Whatever ur getting is probably afghanistan brown powder heroin and if ur still getting fucked up off a .1 shot i doubt its cut.
wouldn't shooting that up make you diabetic? lol

I was under the impression that if you are getting chunk heroin it is somewhat un cut. I get 50s with my friend every once in a while (not a big H user) and they are always chunk, and I just break the chunk into powder. My friend always says it's top notch because he used for a while and is now mostly clean. Am I misinformed? I have never been told it's pure, i've just been told it's not really cut up much. They call it being "stomped on".

Actualy not trying to put you down at all but the vinegar smell is vinegar, The poeple that cut it use it to cover up mistakes like putting to much soda or coffee or even syrup, some put vitamins, laxatives, powdered sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, etc… you can cut heroin with almost anything but most choose to cut it with things that the customer will enjoy tasting or that will dissolve into a liquid at the speed of heroin. I use to sell and cut it so these are just some things I have learned from my experiences.

I'm from NZ and if it smells like vinegar it probably is due to acetic anhydride which is used to cook morph into H. Over here we cook Smack out of morphine tabs and acetic anhydride which we call 'homebake' or just 'bake' and it has a distinct vinegar smell/taste

I'm from NZ and if it smells like vinegar it probably is due to acetic anhydride which is used to cook morph into H. Over here we cook Smack out of morphine tabs and acetic anhydride which we call 'homebake' or just 'bake' and it has a distinct vinegar smell/taste

I thought it was from OTC codeine to morphine to heroin? Not from there, only read about it.

I was under the impression that if you are getting chunk heroin it is somewhat un cut. I get 50s with my friend every once in a while (not a big H user) and they are always chunk, and I just break the chunk into powder. My friend always says it's top notch because he used for a while and is now mostly clean. Am I misinformed? I have never been told it's pure, i've just been told it's not really cut up much. They call it being "stomped on".

all slab or as you call it chunk is cut and then iron pressed into slabbs and put in the freezer.

I thought it was from OTC codeine to morphine to heroin? Not from there, only read about it.

Nah most junkies just use diverted morphine tabs, because the Morph to H process is much more simple than the codeine to morph process.

I mean you could start from OTC codeine but its alot easier to score some morphine tabs.

There is really no afghan heroin in the US, other than small amounts being brought in by individuals.

Are you certain?

I have heard reports that Afghanistan has a monopoly on the heroin trade in America. Upwards of %70.

I have also heard that this method is how terrorism gains so much of it's funding. They use it as a weapon against the West, strengthening themselves with cash and causing us problems.

Or so I heard. Am I wrong? I'm curious

Are you certain?

I have heard reports that Afghanistan has a monopoly on the heroin trade in America. Upwards of %70.

I have also heard that this method is how terrorism gains so much of it's funding. They use it as a weapon against the West, strengthening themselves with cash and causing us problems.

Or so I heard. Am I wrong? I'm curious

Yes, I'm certain. Most of the west coast gets tar from Mexico, and the east coast gets powder heroin from Colombia. Afghanistan does export a ton of heroin, but it goes to Russia, and the UK. Afghan heroin is heroin base, so it doesn't dissolve in water on its own. Ask anybody from the UK, and they will tell you that they need to use something acidic (citric acid works I believe) in their solution to promote dissolution.

^Absolutely correct Tommyboy. Let's face it, Afghani-Paki-stan is gonna have an even harder time smuggling into you guys than it does into us, isn't it? ;) West Coast U.S. at least is all Mexican tar isn't it? Dunno what you get East Coast given European routes into you? In the 10 years I was using I saw tar once I think. Hard, smokeable rocks, and it was pretty damn good as it goes relative to what we had floating around at the time, but never again, and never once saw anything like what we used to call China White: i.e. none-smokeable gear that didn't require cooking with citric acid / vitamin C to shoot. It was all Afghani. No. 3 for our U.S. cousins? Smokeable brown type base H. BuddingPharmacist? It's Europe paying for all the guns this time round, which is only fair seeing as the U.S. paid for 'em last time round, but that's another thread entirely! :p ;)

In the UK I was always told that brown H tends to get cut with rosin. i.e. violin bow resin. Think it's AKA idashine? Allegedly if you rub up the horse-hairs with a block of rosin you end up with a lovely amount of powder that melts to a deep caramel on foil, and runs nicely but leaves dirty, spattering residues and tastes fucking rank. Makes the gear look a bit more opaque on the foil or so I'm led to believe, decent gear being somewhat clearer? I can kinda see it but I'd sold me violin long before I got to try it meself, ironically so I could afford a coupla bags of H. What a kicker! ;)

Was always under the impression that 'bash' is just cooked up paracetamol. Never did understand how that was any use as a cut apart from being bulky and looking brown, but known people get plenty nicked for having pans of it cooked off?

If the above is true, they both cook up well with citric, leaving very little residue on the spoon. Dread to to think what they do once injected but junkies don't care, do they?

Last edited:
to answer the original question vitamin b 6 and 12 and baby laxatives are common

Done. I'm sorry. I really am. Losing my best friend to a clot in his head after shooting up heroin cut with something just makes me want to punch my computer screen. I just want to help this guy, because I failed to help my friend and I wish I did. I would give anything to take my revised message back in time to my friend before he died. But I can't. At least I can help the TS, even thought my friend has passed on.

Thread Starter, I seriously care. I spent a lot of time rewritng my post in a real effort to help say something that might ring true to your heart.

I didn't mean any offense at all and I still don't.

Reading your thread makes me choke back some sad emotions in memory of my friend who is dead. If I were speaking what I wrote to you, I would probably have trouble finishing without getting emotional.

I hope the best for you and all others battling addiction. I'm a soldier in that war too, y'know. I know how much it hurts. I know how hard it is.

I'm here to help anyone. I came to this website to share knowledge, and I hope I can help at least a few people to avoid the bitter mistakes I have made so they don't feel the pain I have felt.

I lost my best friend to heroin 1 month ago to this day....I'm actually typing this from his computer </3

The Detroit dope I get lately is a very fine light grey powder with relatively large insoluble white globs that tend to get soggy-looking when putting the dope into solution. Anyone have any idea what this stuff could be? It's obviously preferable to most cuts as the granules of insoluble bright white stuff have no chance of going into the syringe, leaving for a very transparent shot, not even cloudy when it's a large cotton-filtered shot.

Around here, black tar heroin is cut mostly with fucking shoe polish or instant coffee.The shoe polish is insoluble and can fuck up your veins, but is used because it's cheap and looks kind of like tar.The coffee make the shot darker and smokes on the foil similar.Sometimes sugar, lactose, diphenhydramine(numbs your mouth) or mannitol is used.

I'm fucking jealous of you powder users' cuts, like procaine or quinine, sure beats fucking shoe polish. How do they alter the high?

Holy shit shoe Polish
dope we get in Philly has gotten a lot better it used to be iced tea Pepsi looking ish smell liked vitamin b ... Now theres not a scent pure white powder and when u put the fucking rig up to the light its golden colored crystal clear liquid... My boy od off a four bag shot on top of 100 mg methadone tolerance.. he's OK BTW

The Detroit dope I get lately is a very fine light grey powder with relatively large insoluble white globs that tend to get soggy-looking when putting the dope into solution. Anyone have any idea what this stuff could be? It's obviously preferable to most cuts as the granules of insoluble bright white stuff have no chance of going into the syringe, leaving for a very transparent shot, not even cloudy when it's a large cotton-filtered shot.

I've seen that stuff from Detroit and its weird. Its probably cut with some pills , either morphine if they're nice, or benadryl if they're not. I've seen the morphine cut stuff that gels up and gets waxy from that area . If you get really high for like 10 minutes and then it stops, its probally benadryl, and you'll have no histamine reactions at all ... Can't really know for sure unless you ask them, and they'll probally lie anyways.Most Detroit stuff is cut with pills, all the powder anyways. The rocky stuff is the best,although its just re-rocked.

One asshole cut it with lottery ticket scratchings (the gray stuff!!!) , the shot looked all grey and metaley... Weird.

-lenses

I found an in-depth article on the issue... http://www.cph.org.uk/showPublication.aspx?pubid=632

The dope I'm getting in NYC ranges from garbage to fire but it's all been nearly the same color and always dissolves completely. The latest batch had some weird ass cut that gave me bright red dots on my upper arm (injected in hand, did not miss, nothing on hand). Still going away 5 days later. Weirdest thing since the coke that left me gasping for air after each shot. Shit makes me miss my prescriptions... wtf kind of doctor doesn't give you anything when you show up after 12 months of being locked up for drug charges anyway.

I've seen that stuff from Detroit and its weird. Its probably cut with some pills , either morphine if they're nice, or benadryl if they're not. I've seen the morphine cut stuff that gels up and gets waxy from that area . If you get really high for like 10 minutes and then it stops, its probally benadryl, and you'll have no histamine reactions at all ... Can't really know for sure unless you ask them, and they'll probally lie anyways.Most Detroit stuff is cut with pills, all the powder anyways. The rocky stuff is the best,although its just re-rocked.

One asshole cut it with lottery ticket scratchings (the gray stuff!!!) , the shot looked all grey and metaley... Weird.

-lenses

Damn, ticket scrapings would be some really nasty shit. I get my stuff above the stamp level so I think I'm avoiding most of those possible cuts. Still not too sure on the big white globs. I take a lot of DPH and promethazine so I'd definitely know if there was an active amount of benadryl in there. Not too likely though if I'm doing ~80mg shots.

Ew! That's so unbelievably dirty and disgusting. I would not see that guy again, ever again...