• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Methadone Mega Thread and FAQ v 2.0

I guess people creating the first maintenance programmes didn't really know what they should be for. And that way they became available to long-term heroin users who aren't willing to stop using and want to feel the rush. By violating the simplest rules of these programmes they created a stereotypical image of a MMT participant that is attached to anyone entering a programme. Their behaviour led to strict rules applying to everyone and an individual approach is non-existent. I guess this is reflected by the difference seen on buprenorphine programmes. People get doses for much longer and much faster, but a stereotypical image of a BMT participant is different too. Here in Poland very very few people trade their Suboxone pills, they are hardly noticed on the give-out points because most of them only come there to collect their rations and leave the place right away. A lot of methadone participants on the other hand stay around the point for hours selling their methadone, buying methadone from other participants and selling it at a higher price, trading various psychotropic medicines etc.

There should be a better system introduced when selecting people to whom methadone may be really helpful.

Whatever, I have stopped IV'ing drugs. Cos the guy selling to me knows im on methadone. So he wouldnt sell shit to me. Especially since I still owe him 400 dollars or so. He is very cool in that he doesn't harass me about it too. And also over the longterm you forget about the rush when always on methadone. The first few weeks I was missing the godly Dilaudid rush. Now i dont even think about it anymore.

I wanted to point out I wanted to go with suboxone first too. But in my province of canada sub treatment is very new (it appeared last year) and is not paid for by gov insurance, which most people have. It comes to 25 dollars a day for 2 4mg pills of suboxone. Methadone is free. Main reasons to stop shooting dilaudid for me was, save all this money i was throwing at the dilaudid/hm contin guy and actually eat food and to stop iv'ing.

Last edited:
my clinic is posting signs that they are switching from Vistapharm methadone to mallinckrodts subsidiary coviden. i looked it up and coviden is branaching off mallincrodt as its own entity, im sure meaning cheaper quality product. they even put on the paper how it will have a stronger cherry taste and if any patient feels different, IE weaker, its in their heads.

its all because the private clinic was bought out by some place called medmarc or some shit like that. You know EVERYONE at that clinic is going to be raising hell about the new methadone, saying its weaker than the old stuff and its not as strong. ah well anything to save a buck. i asked all the nurses why the change, asking specifically if it was because medmark got a better deal from coviden than vistapharm and they said they didnt know.

Damn bro, I feel for you. When I was on Methadone a few months back my clinic did that shit, the mallinckrodt's give you that energy and shit, you know? The shit with the darker color/stronger cherry taste does NOTHING except make you sleepy, unless you double dose.

What does methadone feel like? Is it similar to meth? I know people use it to come off a number of things, including opiates. I have seen a few people on methadone and it always seemed to be the same as meth. Basically a "legal high?"

What does methadone feel like? Is it similar to meth? I know people use it to come off a number of things, including opiates. I have seen a few people on methadone and it always seemed to be the same as meth. Basically a "legal high?"

What do you mean is it the same as meth? As in methamphetamine? If that's what you mean.... than no, hah. It's not even in the same ballpark.

Monica your comparing apples to pork chops. Methamphetamine is a stimulant, methadone is a long lasting opioid. It is used as part of a opiate replacement therapy to help people stop using other opiates such as heroin. It is used to keep withdrawals at bay and help with cravings, when dosed properly there is little to no euphoria for people on the program. Methadone is also prescribed for pain management at lower doses than maintenance.

Thanks for clearing that up. I was curious having seen my sister on it. To me though opiates are a stimulant.

Monica your comparing apples to pork chops. Methamphetamine is a stimulant, methadone is a long lasting opioid. It is used as part of a opiate replacement therapy to help people stop using other opiates such as heroin. It is used to keep withdrawals at bay and help with cravings, when dosed properly there is little to no euphoria for people on the program. Methadone is also prescribed for pain management at lower doses than maintenance.

Exactly what Mass said...

Methadone

It's not "better" or worse than methamphetamine... the only thing those two drugs have in common are the letters "m,e,t, and h" That is it. They are not alike in any way.

To me though opiates are a stimulant.

What? Hah. They aren't stimulants at all... those are a completely different class of drugs..

I wonder if they meant that taking opiates can stimulate them, not that they are literally in the class of drugs called stimulants. With me and a lot of other people oxycodone tends to be very stimulating causing insomnia among other things, but I know you know that mr scag.

When I take opiates I'm more active, I can't sit still and have to be cleaning. I know they are not a "stimulant" but they stimulate me :)

I wonder if they meant that taking opiates can stimulate them, not that they are literally in the class of drugs called stimulants. With me and a lot of other people oxycodone tends to be very stimulating causing insomnia among other things, but I know you know that mr scag.

Yeah, certain opiates are more "stimulating" than others..

Yep, and I stay away from those. I prefer to watch a movie and wake up to the credits when I use opiates :p

The letters they have in common m.e.t.h are what made me think they were similar and a few people had said they were.But I didn't know what it was made up of (opiates) or I would not have compared, a pain pill is way different than a hit of Meth.

The letters they have in common m.e.t.h are what made me think they were similar and a few people had said they were.But I didn't know what it was made up of (opiates) or I would not have compared, a pain pill is way different than a hit of Meth.

A few people on this site said methadone and methamphetamine were similar?

Haha my sister said that. I think I have to talk to her. Opiates "stimulate" her also so maybe that was her comparison? I don't know...

Haha my sister said that. I think I have to talk to her. Opiates "stimulate" her also so maybe that was her comparison? I don't know...

Hah, well at least you didn't actually go through with using one of the substances thinking it was going to be like the other... That would have ended badly.. :\

No I don't plan on ever taking methadone. I go cold Turkey all the way. But now that I know that its an opiate and not Meth I would be more inclined to take it if needed but I don't see me trying it, ever.