• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Methadone Mega Thread and FAQ v 2.0

What about switching meds when you get to a low enough dose of done? Like bupe for example. I know how protracted methadone WD is and if you could switch to a low dose of a short acting opi that has less severe WD. Like do dope for a few days, just little bumps and have a short WD...never tried it since I've been steadily on Mmt for like 3 years now

Thanks for the encouragement, it's appreciated. As far as the Imodium, (loperamide) I'm not taking the mega doses that I have read about on here, just enough to help the discomfort (8 mgs a day usually). My last dose of Methadone was about 6 or 7 days ago. I just want to feel some what normal again. I Know that eventually I will. It took me a long time to get this way and I'm fully aware that it will take a long time to get some normalized life back. I'm 30 now and have been using some type of narcotic since 15. I have two kids and a husband (who is still on MMT and I really can't see him ever coming off) but even day life feels like I am pushing agenst a train moving the opposite direction. I have read so much on here about people who are still feeling effects of wds months later! That is hard to read and accept it could very well be my road too. Fine, if it is, I will deal with it. But this pain in the back of my head is Not something I have ever experienced nor is the constant cold. It's crazy. I can sit in a hot bath and still be cold. Nuts, totally nuts!

Methadone frustration

Okay so lately I've been doing opiates quite a bit. To let you know where my tolerance is at I shoot up around 8mg of dilaudid at a time or a tenth of decent quality heroin depending on which I have access to. Well currently I was only able to get ahold of some methadone. Well I tried figuring out if I could shoot these little 10 mg pills and didn't find any info so yesterday I just swallowed 3 of them. I didn't get as high as I wanted and I haven't and and don't plan on dosing again today. Well I guess my question is tomorrow when I do some how much should I take? Can I shoot these 10 mg pills? If I can how much should I do? How should I prep? I'm new to bluelight so sorry if I didn't post correctly

Idk about the 10mg pills, but the 40mg wafers I take require a stomach enzyme to release the medication so shooting them would be a total waste. Even if it was possible to shoot the 10mg pills, it's totally pointless. A. Methadone has a super high oral bioavailability b. methadone has no rush c. It will ruin your veins.

If your expecting to get a regular opiated high methadone you'll be sorely disappointed. You'll probobly catch a nod,
And stay well for a good 24 but you're not gonna get the euphoric feels you get from real opiates. When I get high on methadone it mostly just feels good bc I'm not dopesick. But I more or less stay in the sleepy noddy zombie-like state all day. Not very pleasurable.

Anyways, I would have thought 30mg would be a good place to start for you. Try 40 tomorrow. But remember methadone takes 3 hour to reach peak levels and lasts ALL day. So don't redose til you've waited for that time to pass. Did you feel what you took today at all? I'm assuming it kept 100% of your withdrawals at bay.
And I don't mean to sound condisendingn when I say this, but if you're not addicted to opiates, which I'm thinking you arnt, please remember that you had been taking a fairly small about of dope, and that in a clinical setting methadone is meant as a maintenance therapy for people with high tolerances and long histories. And even then 30mg is the standard initial dose.

I'd be a raging hypocrite if I sat here an tried to convince you not to se methadone recreationally, but IMO it's a waste of money, time, and tolerance. People overdose on methadone in their sleep all the time. They take it expecting a normal high and when they just feel sleepy they take more. Then they get bored, fall asleep, and die 8 hours later in the middle of the night.

Sorry for being such a downer, but why don't you try 40 mg tomorrow, and while your waiting for it to kick in, do sim research on what a methadone high feels like so you know what to look for.

Hope you have fun, and please please please be safe

Anyone else experience cold fingers/hands while on low doses of dones? It's only the hands.

I've noticed the past few times I've taken dones (10mg pills, 20mg dose) my hands go through this, but after the 2nd or 3rd day, that subsides.

so happy to be off the done and back on suboxone; I know some people feel the other way around but bupe is so much better for me, for so many reasons, of course. but even right now I do not have a car, so all the more. but I stayed more "sober" on suboxone than I did on methadone; less cravings for opiates w/ suboxone than methadone. much easier since its a take home rather than having to go to the clinic daily.

as you can see, I am a suboxone fan over methadone.

'but god bless you methadone peeps; I've been there, done that, tried it and it wasnt for me.

Hey all, I'm just about to change from Oxycodone to Methadone for chronic neuropathic pain management and I don't really know what to expect and what the process involves? It seems like it's going to be pretty intensive to start off with, but I'm not really sure, and I'd really appreciate any advice from someone who knows about the initial process and how they start you off on it?

My thread is here.

Hey all, I'm just about to change from Oxycodone to Methadone for chronic neuropathic pain management and I don't really know what to expect and what the process involves? It seems like it's going to be pretty intensive to start off with, but I'm not really sure, and I'd really appreciate any advice from someone who knows about the initial process and how they start you off on it?

My thread is here.

getting pills from the Dr!? you will be fine; easy transfer if you ask me. I've done it based on IV use and it was a breeze.

so happy to be off the done and back on suboxone; I know some people feel the other way around but bupe is so much better for me, for so many reasons, of course. but even right now I do not have a car, so all the more. but I stayed more "sober" on suboxone than I did on methadone; less cravings for opiates w/ suboxone than methadone. much easier since its a take home rather than having to go to the clinic daily.

as you can see, I am a suboxone fan over methadone.

'but god bless you methadone peeps; I've been there, done that, tried it and it wasnt for me.

Suboxone gives me killer migraines. I've tried spitting out the residue, everything, but 30 mins into a suboxone dose, my headache sets in. I'm thinking it may either be the narcan, or suboxone itself.

It's a great medication, me thinks, but I can't tolerate it, hence low doses of methadone for taper.

Hugs.

Methadone detox help please!!

Hello first time on this site. I really need help. For the past 2 months I have been using either about a gram or less of heroin a day or and 60-120 of oxy. I was able to obtain 2 55mg methadone liquid bottles so 110mg in total. In the past year I have been to a detox 3 times where they gave methadone pills to detox the last time was January 15th 2015. I need help figuring out the best way to use the 110mg of liquid methadone to detox myself. I am trying not to feel the withdrawals as I will be working through it. Lastly it is Monday at 7pm and I just finished my heroin sniffing not shooting. About. .4 today in total use. How and how much and how often should I take the methadone to successfully detox myself. One dose each morning? Morning and night? How many mg. Thank you in advance.

Suboxone gives me killer migraines. I've tried spitting out the residue, everything, but 30 mins into a suboxone dose, my headache sets in. I'm thinking it may either be the narcan, or suboxone itself.

It's a great medication, me thinks, but I can't tolerate it, hence low doses of methadone for taper.

Hugs.

had the same problem , changed to subutex and everything is ok! had to convince my doctor that i m not gonna iv it , cause i used to be a long time h-shooter , giving urine tests , checking my hands for scars etc and droping from 12mg suboxone to 8mg -tex , that was the deal. though , in my junkie days used to shoot once or twice per week 2-4 mgs to get me going for 2-3 days with no wd and i was actually enjoying it a lot, speedy , noddy and looong , since i m prescribed , i tried to shoot a couple of tiew but not with the desireble effect.so because i hate the tase , i take sublinual 4mg in the morning and snort the rest in the afternoon and feel great adding a valium and a joint.
cheers

Hugs.

so many people say this but yet it does me wonders. I have a heavy dope problem, usually shooting 2G's a day, and ill take an 8MG sub 12hrs after last shot and feel great. ill need another 8MG about 8-10hrs later to stay "happy" but it works for me. I am scripted 16MG/day and still use dope pretty heavily which is my own fault but when just using the bupe/sub I feel great. I SHOULD just keep taking the subs and stay "clean" which is something I did for 9 months before just on sub but I keep fucking up this time around. hopefully things work out and I am straight.

Hello first time on this site. I really need help. For the past 2 months I have been using either about a gram or less of heroin a day or and 60-120 of oxy. I was able to obtain 2 55mg methadone liquid bottles so 110mg in total. In the past year I have been to a detox 3 times where they gave methadone pills to detox the last time was January 15th 2015. I need help figuring out the best way to use the 110mg of liquid methadone to detox myself. I am trying not to feel the withdrawals as I will be working through it. Lastly it is Monday at 7pm and I just finished my heroin sniffing not shooting. About. .4 today in total use. How and how much and how often should I take the methadone to successfully detox myself. One dose each morning? Morning and night? How many mg. Thank you in advance.

Welcome to bluelight. I'm going to move your thread.

Homeless -> Other Drugs (methadone megathread)

Currently tapering off methadone. Down to 5mg and still feel fairly lousy. Its manageable but coupled with college and work...yeah rough. I use adderrall for school purposes and find it helps with mood and energy but also adds to depression amd fatigue once you come down. My dr. Was out of town with me knowing and was not able to fill my script. In panic i consumed 20mg oxy. So far it has kept the wd at bay but i worry that it might have comprised my current taper progress. Does anyone have knowledge of this situation? Any feedback would be great. Thanks and cheerz!

I have limited acsess to soma, gabapentin,xanax, and trazadone. The latter can get you SOME sleep but leaves you with a wicked hangover if you have school or work in the morning. Im very sensitive to wd apparently so even in combination of these meds i struggle with sleep, fatuige , and depression. The end of the tunnel is near. Good luck to anyone trying kick methadone, It can save your life but make it a living hell at the same time!

Umm I think your "facts" are off a little bit buddy. Thebain is an inactive alkaloid and is actually very toxic in high doses. Many believe it has no agonistic properties at all. The reason why many pharmaceuticals are derived from thebaine is basically to limit homebrewers i.e limit competition. You see , at that time in the early 1900s the market was saturated with Heroin and Morphine, very easy to manufacturer no money was being made. So to eliminate competition a team of German scientists manufactured a few semi synthetics and you bet your ass they came with PATENTS. Cha ching.... Monopoly time. All they needed to do now was criminalize morphine and heroin. Which they did shortly after. And that''s how you win an opium war LOL. Nah, but it's really fucked up.

As for Methadone, No, it is not synthesized from morphine. It's just synthesized. It's 100 percent synthetic, made from the ground up in a laboratory. Unlike it's semi-synthetic counterparts, No opium alkaloids are needed to make it.

Another thing, the effects of opiates/opioids are completely subjective. It really depends on the user. So to say that one opiate is exclusively "energetic" whilst another is exclusively "pain killing" is completely redundant.

Just my 2.

Your right about methadone being a totally synthetic drug with no structural resemblance to the true opiates like morphine and the semi-synthetics which are basically tweaked thebaine or morphine molecules from the opium poppy.As a matter of fact ,almost all legal opiates come from Tazmania(England also grows opium poppy but to a much lesser extent) in the form of CPS(concentrate of poppy straw).They no longer lance the poppy for the opium but use solvents to extract the opium from the plant matter itself.They grow 2 kinds of poppy there now,one rich in morphine and a patented variety they developed that is rich in thebaine with only traces of morphine in that cultivar.And they don't even tell the farmers which type they're growing.This along with using the straw cuts down on diversion and the labor involved in collecting lanced opium sap.They just come along and harvest the straw as they do any agricultural commodity like corn,etc. with mechanized combines.They then sell the CPS,thebaine and some morphine to the pharmaceutical companies abroad for their particular needs.
As for methadone,it was developed in Germany as an opiate substitute due to a shortage/embargo of opium during WW2 and Eli Lilly co. got the exclusive rights to it as a spoil of war after Germany surrendered.It is also closely related to propoxyphene(Darvon) also sold by Lilly during the post-war period and eventually both went off patent allowing for cheaper generic versions to come to market.It is also true that L-methadone is the active component of racemic(mirror images) of methadone but is more costly to separate.A person on 100mg. of racemic methadone would only need 50mg. of L-methadone. The d-isomer has no medicinal properties and it is what's responsible for the negative cardiac effects that can rarely lead to sudden cardiac death due to QT interval disruption in the heart.When used for MMT it is dosed once a day because of it's long half-life but when used for pain control it is taken 3xday in smaller doses.It is a very difficult drug to come off of and the PAWS can last for a very long time,thanks to it's long half life.But I also believe,from personal experience, that the PAWS is related to how long one has been on it.I have been on it for 15+ years and been tapering down for the last two years to where I have a difficult time getting past 15mg. or so.While it can be a lifesaver,IMO it is way overused,especially in chronic pain patients,and in MMT the clinics have a financial interest in keeping you on it forever.There is no reason whatsoever that MMT should be the 1st line treatment in dealing with opiate addiction,especially in young people who are going thru treatment for the first time but too often it is.I would advise anyone thinking of going for first time drug treatment to start with a 30 day inpatient detox and leave the MMT option as a last resort when all else has failed.

Just started MMT Thursday. Just barely got approved for the program here, I live in a small town and its the only clinic within over an hour's drive in any direction. I've been using for 6 years or so, heroin for the last 2 years or so (oxy before that) but I don't shoot up so I was lucky to get a spot in the clinic here. I've already tried inpatient, and already tried suboxone, with bupe I was "held" at first but after using dope and bupe pretty much at the same time for months on end, bupe stopped holding me at any dose, so I just started selling it to help pay for more dope.

I had a huge tolerance before bupe (400+ mg oxy, I was using h primarily but like to use oxy to express tolerance since its a constant number and bags can vary). On bupe I tapered low and got my tolerance back down to a much more reasonable level (probably the one good thing to come out of bupe maintenance for me). When I started using daily again I was able to use oxy fairly regularly at doses just under 200 mg, and while oxy doesn't do much for me at this point, it will still hold me at less than that. I've been using h for around 3 months straight now. Purity is highly variable in my area at the moment, but when I can get decent bags, I'm getting high off 3 bags or so. Pretty much as low as my tolerance has been since I started using heavily.

At the clinic they started me at only 20 mg, most likely due to the fact that I don't shoot and I was also a daily drinker/occasional benzo user. I've read most of the megathread and they increase dose at my clinic a LOT slower than most I've heard of. 5 or 10 mg every 4-5 days is what I'm hearing there. I'm glad I went in now and not when I was doing 3 or 4 buns a day... But how long do you think it might be til I'm held through the day/night with my tolerance?

Edit: when I'm getting high off 3 bags the dope I'm using is fire, it's coming straight from Brooklyn and not passing through any hands between there and me because I do runs for my guy, and it's good shit even for that area. I don't really get high at all off the rest of the garbage surrounding me where I live in any amount, like oxy, all it does is keep me well. When my guy brings different dope up from Brooklyn, it still takes me at least 6 bags to get buzzed.

Last edited: