• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Methadone Mega Thread and FAQ v 2.0

It has been a little over 33 hours since I last took my dose of methadone.. Im suprising feeling no WD symptons yet ( well my last dose was 150mg) , but I desperately want to shoot up some tar I have.. Has it been long enough? \\

Is there any way to tell if its been long enough, like my pupils are normal sized, react to light, and are pin pointed anymore,, could what be a tell tale sign at all?

Thats a hella big dose of methadone! Usually the w/ds start on me after about 3 days without any, then it gets worse and worse each day.

I have to wait about 3-4 days with NO methadone for heroin to do anything, but usually if I do it within 3 days, all it will do is take away my w/d symptoms, but wont get me high...But if you metabolize it quickly, who knows...?

Be careful how much H you do in this period, as this is the time when alot of people die from OD, mixing too much Heroin with methadone still in your system, and 150mgs at once is a BIG amount!

Yeah I just tried a little shot... and didnt feel much so imma get to bed and see whats its like tomorrow which will be 48hrss. since last mdone dose...

Even 48 hours is most likely not going to be enough. You've been on 120mg's for a long time, then took 150... it'll be at least 3-4 days before you get a decent high out of any dope. But, be my guest and keep trying to blast through and waste all your drugs.

I'm going to just move this to the methadone mega, as journaling your attempts to get high over your methadone doesn't really justify its own thread.

*EDITED, as I just read the post above me*

Nvm. Thanks for the replies though Scag.

Last edited:
It has been a little over 33 hours since I last took my dose of methadone.. Im suprising feeling no WD symptons yet ( well my last dose was 150mg) , but I desperately want to shoot up some tar I have.. Has it been long enough? \\

Is there any way to tell if its been long enough, like my pupils are normal sized, react to light, and are pin pointed anymore,, could what be a tell tale sign at all?
Thats a hella big dose of methadone! Usually the w/ds start on me after about 3 days without any, then it gets worse and worse each day.

I have to wait about 3-4 days with NO methadone for heroin to do anything, but usually if I do it within 3 days, all it will do is take away my w/d symptoms, but wont get me high...But if you metabolize it quickly, who knows...?

Be careful how much H you do in this period, as this is the time when alot of people die from OD, mixing too much Heroin with methadone still in your system, and 150mgs at once is a BIG amount!
Yeah I just tried a little shot... and didnt feel much so imma get to bed and see whats its like tomorrow which will be 48hrss. since last mdone dose...

I'm confused a little, is this thread for harm reduction on the use and abuse of methadone, or is this thread for people who have questions or are looking for advice on recovery with methadone maintenance, i.e. How to go about finding an mmt program and living life on mmt/working your mmt program in the most efficient way. I guess I ask because the last page or two seems to be a lot of 'how can I get high if I'm on this dose?' And 'if I save my take home and double up can I get rocked?'...seems like there are more productive uses for this thread IMO

Even 48 hours is most likely not going to be enough. You've been on 120mg's for a long time, then took 150... it'll be at least 3-4 days before you get a decent high out of any dope. But, be my guest and keep trying to blast through and waste all your drugs.

I'm going to just move this to the methadone mega, as journaling your attempts to get high over your methadone doesn't really justify its own thread.

Sorry I meant for this quote to be in my last post...as the question was aimed at you. Thank you in advance for the clarification

You are buying in to your own shit. First off clinics are not regulated at all where I am from. They don't even test for opiates before dosing. Then, every time I see dr death he asks me for a 100 bucks if I want something else... over 1000 ppl at that clinic and the dr runs 8 of them. It takes 3 hrs to get dosed and they do not let take homes. I see ppl with a codeine addiction being admitted for MMT. Also with Obamacare, this clinic lets you join free so many non addicts join, pocket the dose or put it in THERE mouth and go spit it out and sell it. Drug dealers hang outside and prey on the weak. Once your on methadone your on it for life unless you really wanna change. And yea it was rough but dragging it out just builds more in you. Why is methadone overdose so much on the rise if its soo great??? Ill pray for you. Your mind isn't clear. Remember just for today :) Beware of methadone... Heroin withdrawal is a cakewalk compared to this.

Sounds like you just have shitty clinics in your area, my clinic has less than 300 patients and 2 dr.'s, and dosing takes less than 5 minutes 95% of the time...never seen anything shady happen inside or out, and there is noooo way you could get out of there without swallowing your dose...unless maybe you had a cotton ball in your mouth and got lucky that the nurse didn't check your mouth, they make you drink a full cup of water after the dose though. As far as faking to get in, they do a very comprehensive bloodwork panel pre admittance and then drug tests 3 times weekly for the first 90 days and once a week for the next, so that's not happening. And yeah like Scag said if your a dumbass and jump off at 100mhs or even 10mgs your gonna have a really rough time, you should be going off at 1mg or even .5mg, and of course heroin WD is a cakewalk compared to methadone...look at the difference in half life, that's biochemistry 101...the point is to taper extremely gradually and to get yourself to a point mentally where you are ready to handle the WDs and be substance free. Heroin WD is much easier, but in active addiction, your mind is never going to let you get through it to get clean that way...the methadone in MMT is only 50% of the equation, the treatment is groups and 1 on 1's to give you the tools to make you mentally ready to jump off...AT 1mg lol. It's clinics and dr's like that that sell people an expensive bandaid for a broken limb that give maintenance a bad rap.

And 'dragging it out' as you call tapering does not build it more in your system, when you taper correctly from 100mgs it should take almost 90 days or more, and when you get down to like 30mgs you would go down like a mg a week, this reduces the built up done in your system, and when you get down to like 5 mg you stay there for a good while and lower it again a mg a week until your at 1, then I would wait a week at 1mg and then go off. That way you have gotten rid of just about all of the methadone except 2.5-3mgs based on a 36 hr half-life. Use your head, and don't spread false information!

Not supplying false information and I am still alive and it can be done. The taper program is usually not effective at all for most. I remember getting down around to 75mg and being up all night just craving to go back up to 100. It just builds up more and more. And it is a FACT it gets into your bones. Not all but probably most of these people are still on some form of narcotic or not. This is to any new readers. Heroin withdrawal is nothing to methadone. As for the person seeing there daughter born through "sober eyes" well that's just bs because your still on methadone. Yea I went through hell, still am in paws, can't sleep much but everyday is better and better. I mean why delay the inevitable?? I remember detoxing off methadone 3 yrs ago from 100mg and when I hit around the 30mg mark, I was ready to kill myself. Thank God I was in a rehab at the time and the patients gave me much more support than the staff. You guys can defend methadone all you want but are you truly being honest or just typing to blow your day away?? My messages are to any NEW COMER thinkng of getting on methadone not to the ppl still addicted. I started going there for a oxycontin addiction. I nevet even got into othet illegal drugs until I wad in a methadone clinic surrounded bybjunkies. Im not bashing all clinics, as in Florida where itvis tightly regulated. Just know that most ppl will tell you to wean yourself blah blah a month. It really doesn't matter. ONCE ON METHADONE IT IS CALLED LIQUID HANDCUFFS. It is a completely synthetic opiade that they say blocks others. Hah what a joke. You can breakthrough even my old dose with a few bags of something else. I have known many ppl who use the h name to kick methadone and are very successful and recovered. Sure thry had to go through thise withdrawals, yet those are usually over in 5 days with paws lasting 5 more. Again to the new conwr considering methadone, do your own research on the actual success rate of someone getting of 'done. It is very little. Im sure lots hating on me are still on some type of other narcotic and or still on methadone. It cones down to how much will power you have. I had hardly no support. Yet I had will power and still dud to this day. If you think heroin or oxycontin withdrawal is bad, than most likely you WILL NOT GET OFF METHADONE without will power. You must want it. What is a minute, day, yr of pain compared to a drug free lifez?? You know how nice it is to not have to go to that clinic everyday?? I can go on vacation abd not worry about getting guest medicated. And to those with take homes, I used to have a weeks worth before I did something stupid and had to go bsck everyday. I am glad I lost my vode and relized how f'd this whole situation is. Stop defending this Nazi invented drug and quit making them think its om to take it. If anything try suboxone over methadone if it becomes that bad for you. Im just hete to let ppl know that I been in the methadone scene a long time and it is not where you wanna be EVER!!!! Most these ppl defending this rat poison are still using I can guarantee it. So to the new comer considering methadone DONT. It is thr worst decision you could ever make....... I could on and on but ppl will continue to defend yhat crap. Again do not ..plz for the sake of all thats good, get on methadone.

Yeah.. because a guy coming onto BL, with the username "methadonesux", is clearly not bias at all... Ha. If you're just here to bash methadone and rant more stereotypical horror stories that are not true, don't bother, because we have no tolerance for fear mongering nonsense here. You're not helping anybody, only making yourself look foolish by spouting off the same anti-methadone propaganda that is not founded in any truth, as the mainstream public who have no idea what they are talking about. Methadone does not get into your bones. That is a longstanding myth, like many others, that has been disproven by actual scientists conducting studies. Look it up.

So if you want to give a calm, honest opinion on how you feel about methadone, fine, but post after post of incorrect information, with the sole purpose of scaring people and spreading propaganda, will not be tolerated.

I took my last dose on 12-18, dr. wouldn't help to taper. Went to va hospital, was admitted and told "we can keep you comfortable" but absolutely NO methadone.
I stayed 5b days then went home, almost 6 months on I can report that I'm screwed.
Pain is everywhere (was using for pain management) I have ringing in my ears, cannot sleep more the 2-3 hours, teeth melted like rock candy in hot water.
Methadone helped, was long lasting but ultimately screwed me up badly.
I truly would have stayed on it if I knew what was going to happen.
I still struggle with wanting to call my doc and get back on pain meds, but if I get to 5pm I figure I've made another day.

I took my last dose on 12-18, dr. wouldn't help to taper. Went to va hospital, was admitted and told "we can keep you comfortable" but absolutely NO methadone.
I stayed 5b days then went home, almost 6 months on I can report that I'm screwed.
Pain is everywhere (was using for pain management) I have ringing in my ears, cannot sleep more the 2-3 hours, teeth melted like rock candy in hot water.
Methadone helped, was long lasting but ultimately screwed me up badly.
I truly would have stayed on it if I knew what was going to happen.
I still struggle with wanting to call my doc and get back on pain meds, but if I get to 5pm I figure I've made another day.

Do you mind telling me what your daily dose was when you jumped off. And why would this asshole doc not taper you? I ask because I'm down to about 24mg/day. Physically I'm ok but the mental shit sucks so bad that I've even tried cold copping a couple of times w/ no luck. To anyone else, am I gonna go thru what poor DD is even if I taper down to 1mg before I jump taking into account that I've been on MMT for 10+ years ? I just can't imagine doing it without using if I'm gonna suffer like DD.

Ok so sorry if I missed this (Just read the entire post lol) But my question is... is the a waiting period before you can take methadone like suboxone? Like do I have to not take anything for X hours/days before I can start methadone? I only ask because there no methadone clinic within two hours of me. I am on a real pain management plan but of course that out of control now (went from 1 opana 40 X2 a day to 2-3 X2 a day plus a few roxy15's or 30's(insufflation) a few times a day)... ok so im droped down on the roxy's and bcak to 2-3 Opana a day, but I have 30 done 10's (pill form) that Im going to try to see if they help(both with pain and W/D??maybe?) before i go to my doctor. btw sorry if I screwed up my first post lol

I've been on Methadone/Subs for 5years and only now doing great - clean off opiates and due to reduce soon. I am on 60mg a day.... I take my dose in the morning when the pharmacy opens at 9-9.30am

I feel it after 50-80mins (mild) tingle but sometimes it's alright but lasts a few hour - it does it's job at normalizing me though which is the important thing. My only gripe with Methadone is it's short and alittle up and down to be on for life, it helps alot but when you've not got it (somehow that can happen) then it's nasty. One new problem I have is dosing my Sundays dose on Saturday Night (9pm as I am up through out the night). I am getting 180mg on Sat (1sup and 2 sat+mon) I was thinking of saving my Sat as long as poss then rectal dose it?

Back to MMT can food help it last longer as I usually dose on an empty stomach.

One thing is for sure, without Methadone I'd be still on Heroin, shooting it, no interest in life, pale ghost looking, maybe Methadone isn't perfect and maybe for some it's the worst mistake ever but for some it's a funeral avoided.

@Tony Williams - sorry just curious, when you say pharmacy, you mean methadone clinic, or you have an actual prescription?

I doubt it's the worst mistake ever. The worst mistake was whatever caused you to need it in the first place! My worst mistake was thinking "I'm not an addict, I can control that shit, addicts are pussies," turns out I'm an addict and I can't control that shit. :)

If you can live a stable life, with the only difference that you have to go to somewhere to feel "normal," (and it's a clinic not a fucking street corner brimming with guns and impure product) it's not really that bad of deal, especially if you can taper it slowly over time. Methadone helps people realize they're not a slave to banging dope, there's another way which is cleaner, purer, and safer (and cheaper).

^Not to bust in but Tony's prolly in Ireland or England where they dose at pharmacies.

Thats correct, methadone is dispensed in a regular pharmacy in the uk, Ireland and also Australia I think.
Im scripted it for chronic pain in England and I still get physeptone tablets which IIRC are only available in the uk for pain patients where as those scripted methadone for detox or maintenance get the green 1mg/ml linctus. Also why is this myth still perpetuated that methadone "gets into your bones"....just read a textbook on pharmacology....it doesnt....I think this myth is perpetuated by a combination of methadones long half life and the fact that methadone withdrawl can give quite sever joint and musculoskeletal pain. The human body does not however "store it in your bones"

Also Tony Williams....dont bother doing it rectaly mate....it doesnt improve bioavailability over just drinking it and if (as it sounds) you're from the uk, sticking 60ml of green liquid up your arse might be a pain.

Last edited:
Hello, I'm looking for a "seasoned" opiate/Methadone user.... If you could just PM me...I have a couple of questions to ask you.

Thanks.

^^

How about you just post here and get answers from multiple "seasoned" opiate/methadone users...?