• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Methadone Mega Thread and FAQ v 2.0

For me personally I like Done better because it is much cheaper I have no insurance at all so I can get it much much cheaper!. It still gives me a nice warm glow but most people say they can't feel it after they get use to it. I guess I am lucky cause I nod out all day on it. It does not have a kick like oxy it's more smooth, I don't know its hard for me to compare. Be careful though once you start methadone your tolly will never ever be the same. It will jack it up ridiculously high...you will never feel an oxy again unless you stop for a few weeks or months!

There are benefits to both the liquid and the diskettes.

The liquid, I've found, "hits" harder and more quickly than the diskettes, but doesn't last as long as the diskettes. I'm talking about a noticeably shorter duration of keeping you well. For instance, I'd receive my 110mg liquid dose at 8:00am, but by 8:00pm, I'd feel the need for a bit more to get me through the evening. If I had any intense physical activity during the day, I'd have trouble getting to sleep that evening (I guess due to metabolizing the methadone more quickly).

The diskettes take longer to hit, but last a very long time. In fact, I've missed a day and been perfectly fine to sleep that night. Also, at least for me, when I moved from Baltimore to an Eastern shore town in MD, I switched from liquid to diskettes and had to lower my dose. 110mg diskette methadone was just too much for me. I slept for an entire month, until I lowered my dose. One thing to note: diskettes taste like absolute shit.

Hope this helps, and good luck!

Okay I have almost made it my 11 days of cold turkey off 80mg methadone. My Dr Appt is tomorrow morning. The last 8 days for sure has been a nightmare of epic proportions. I have had a little help with a few clonidine. I have 2 more I am going to take tonight if I can make it that long,they wear off like in 6 to 8 hours I find. I will never make this mistake again. I will recommend or even pay for my friend to go to a methadone clinic before I split half my bottle the next time they run out...God knows I did not find shit on the street the last 12 days! I think the only thing that would help anyhow is methadone. Welll only 19 hours to go!

Man 11 days CT off 80mg!!! Thats some hard situation . Im on 180mg for pain and have only ever made it past day 3 or 4! The thing is when you're well you think "yeah I could makevit on half my dose" but as you've found out......you cant. I knowbits too late now but the best thing for ke during wds is klonopin and Lyrica. You should be sorted now but I bet thats one 11 day period you wouldnt want to repeat!!! Ive always thought if you wanted to make sokeone tell you some sort of secret info then forcing themvto go through methadone wds would be VERY effective torture!!

Well.. I tried to make the program work.. I waited 18 days for a single 5 mg increase once.. and it took a whole 7 weeks to see the doctor a 2nd time... They told me to setup an appointment for a peak and trough test .. so they could grant me a split dosing schedule... Well I did what Iwas supposed to, made the appointment.. brought the money for the tests, and the lady wasnt there to take my blood.. and then they tried to blame me.. saying it can only be started on mondays.. well then why the fuck was I told saturday t overify the peak and trough on monday, and start it tuesday? They are incompetent as fuck, and always blame someone else when anything goes wrong.

Bottom line is.. if things are this bad now, I can only imagine tapering off.. if I needed to go back up 5 mgs or something, it could take me weeks ffs!

I pay way too much money to be sick on a daily basis from tegretal pushing the methadone out my body.

Im more depressed now, than when I started the program.. The ONLY way that this program helped at all.. was it made me realize I COULD quit benzos (sorta got pushed into it..)... and for the first time ever, went three whole weeks without a single benzo. So.. if anything.. the program helped me kick benzos, something I couldnt do for over 4 years..

Well and I guess I realized I was WAY over medicated with mood stabilizers, and managed to taper my dose MUCH lower (way less side effects now..) So I guess it wasnt ALL bad.. just their staff. lol.

Anyways.. I ordered kratom and decided either. A.) go back to using kratom for maintenence.. or B.) Be extra strict and try to taper again. (Which is the plan.. but if it doesnt work and I stay on kratom a while.. I dont really care at this point, cause at least I wont be sick every morning) This time I don't have the benzos on my back making things harder, and ordered a scale so I can actually start a taper schedule that's accurate. Will report back how bad the withdrawls are, I should be switching over to kratom on friday morning!

Wish me luck guys... and LMFAO @ the guy saying xanax is not recreational..

I got pretty damn close to getting off opes using kratom before.. Im in a much better mindset as far as the confidence goes. (Just depressed the methadone program got me in such a shitty situation, literally trapped)..

1st say 15 gs kratom in the morn, 35 mgs oxy, nightime, 15 gs of kratom, 20 mgs oxy... wasnt too bad..

no oxy today.. 2nd day... 14 gs of kratom for the morning.

Feel like shit, not sure if methadone helped me at all where I was.. now that I had to jump off.

It's really easy to get peoples take homes, just go to your local clinic on the a saturday(my clinics day) where everyone gets there take homes and offer them some cash for like a 100mg bottle, 90% of the time they will say yes.

I was on 70mg for 2 years and than tapered down 5 mg a month 12 months until I got down to 10mg with little to no withdrawal and finally I said fuck it im sick of dealing with the clinic and paying 25$ a week i am now on day 7 and the only withdrawal I feel is the leg kicking, some anxiety(which could be from coke use) and had the hershey squirts yesterday but immodium helped for that. Thinking about going to the doctor to get a 2 week script of valium or something to help with the anxiety and the insomnia that I am sure is about to come in the next coming days. I read so much about people getting down to 1mg and when they get off they are in an absolute living hell and im anxious as hell cause I haven't felt that yet!

Ive got a friend who is on methadone and his job found out. Does anyone know if it is a legal reason to get fired?

Ive got a friend who is on methadone and his job found out. Does anyone know if it is a legal reason to get fired?

We don't allow legal questions but.. short answer.. Yes. They can fire you for that. It's a narcotic that causes drowsiness, etc, which can influence performance and safety. They can very much fire you for being on it, whether from a real clinic or not.

Thanks for the answer. Its a wonder that people dont lose thier drivers license then or get a dui.

was on methadone maint. for over a 2 year period...also had a rx for xanax which clinic made me stop taking due to high risk of overdose. while on methadone i really had zero cravings for H...felt like a 'normal' person...started at 30 mgs went up to 105 & took myself down to 85 mgs because was nodding off all of the time. wrecked my car several times due to nods, as did many patients that also went to clinic. this is a hardcore/ass kicking/powerful 'drug'....while initially i was stoked to have zero withdrawls from H...when i detoxed (rapid detox in 30 day period/against clinic suggestion-they suggested 1 year for detox/rapid detox was required for court case) it was the absolute WORST CASE SCENERIO for symptoms. my withdrawls lasted for AT LEAST 6 months....major, major depression/anxiety/bone aches/flu symptoms/INSOMNIA....it was a complete LIVING HELL. while onmethadone i also experienced 30 lbs of weight gain with major cravings for sugar & salt...once off/during detox period i lost all of the weight within 2 months & had no more food cravings.

after my last dose & during the 6 month withdrawl period there were many times i wished that i would have just been sick from the H for 2-3 weeks & never even thought about methadone....10 years later i had had major issues with teeth breaking/weakening of bones (back)...a lot of issues that dentists/drs say are directly related to the long term methadone use.

i don't know if it was the right choice or not to start the program to get off the H but at the time i was so happy to not be sick as fuck & just feel like a 'normal' person with no intense cravings for opiates. like i said....this is a hardcore way to go & i did a rapid detox, which i had to do for legal reasons....but now it is 7 years later...haven't been back on the methadone but am still....here. in the past few years i have had a few friends do the kratom thing to get through the opiate withdrawls....if i had to do it again i would definitely try that first.

Been on mmt for ten years and do not nod nor have I ever wrecked. You were taking way to much if u were nodding.

We don't allow legal questions but.. short answer.. Yes. They can fire you for that. It's a narcotic that causes drowsiness, etc, which can influence performance and safety. They can very much fire you for being on it, whether from a real clinic or not.

Really? That surprises me since it is also prescribed for chronic pain patients. I'd think there would be some legal ramifications if they fired you for taking a legitimate script.

Really? That surprises me since it is also prescribed for chronic pain patients. I'd think there would be some legal ramifications if they fired you for taking a legitimate script.

It's only because it is a narcotic that can influence performance so much. If you work a job like construction or something, and nod out, drop a bag of cement on somebodies foot or something, or are a truck driver and crash/kill somebody.. there is huge liability for the company. That's one of the main reasons a business would decide to fire somebody on an opiate, scripted or not, and it's in their legal right to do so.

It definitely sucks for chronic pain patients and whatnot, but that's just how it is.

It's only because it is a narcotic that can influence performance so much. If you work a job like construction or something, and nod out, drop a bag of cement on somebodies foot or something, or are a truck driver and crash/kill somebody.. there is huge liability for the company. That's one of the main reasons a business would decide to fire somebody on an opiate, scripted or not, and it's in their legal right to do so.

It definitely sucks for chronic pain patients and whatnot, but that's just how it is.

A main thing they said when I strarted my old clinic is that you could be a truck driver those exact words the Dr ther used and that its basicly the.same as if u had a. Script a vikes

A employer most certainly has the right to terminate you for operating machinery or a motor vehicle under the influence of a narcotic. Or to refuse offering employment if you test positive for these substances, even with a valid prescription.

A employer most certainly has the right to terminate you for operating machinery or a motor vehicle under the influence of a narcotic. Or to refuse offering employment if you test positive for these substances, even with a valid prescription.

That's surprising, though it makes sense in industries where you could potentially cause injury to yourself or others. I'm wondering if that's also the case though for someone that has a regular 9-5 working at a desk? I was actually under the impression that for pre-employment drug screens, whoever administers the test would contact you if you showed up positive for something like opiates and confirm whether or not you had a valid script. I thought that in a case like that, as long as you had a verified script then the employer would never even be informed of it. But it sounds like that may be incorrect? Again I'm talking about white collar jobs....not those which operate heavy machinery.

Have a question about using suboxone after taking methadone. I'm trying to detox off h using methadone, but I only have enough to last me about 4-5 days and can't find anymore. I don't think that'll be enough to get through the withdrawals. I was thinking to try suboxone once the methadone runs out, I know I have to wait until the methadone is out of my system, but I'm not sure if that'll work well or is a good idea. Anyone else have any experience with it or know if that'll work to get through the withdrawals? I know I'd have to wait to take the suboxone, I don't want to risk going into precipitated withdrawal, does anyone know how long I'd have to wait to take the subs if I've been taking about 50 mg of methadone for 4-5 days?