• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Methadone Mega Thread and FAQ v 2.0

I read your post again.The reason your probably feeling shitty is because the methadone is blocking the effects of your oxys makin them not work on your opiate recepters.Because of the large quantity of oxys you were taking,your methadone dose would more than likely need to be raised.I believe youre still suffering withdrawals from how your symptoms sound

The OCs and fentanyl spray still work perfectly. Methadone doesn't block other opiates from working like suboxone.
It's actually benzos it ruins for me. They don't work so well...and then the next day I'm drowzy as hell and almost narcoleptic.

No, I just have leftover opiates. I didn't want to flush them. Mostly for peace of mind, rather than use. But because I KNEW there would be moments where I was in agony. I have had to use OC's (crushed for instant release) or fentanyl (nasal spray). Otherwise I would have had to call am ambulance (I'm not exaggerating).

I was thinking of compromising with them and asking to be put me on a (one of the abuse-proof matrix ones if needed) fentanyl patch. Abuse proof, excellent for long-term pain and All I do is put on a patch once every 3 days.

Do you think them or my doctor would listen?

I'm not an addict, my reasons for taking extra pills was because my doctor refused to prescribe enough for me to live a decent quality of life, so don't appreciate being treated like one. Even if I wasn't entirely in control of my usage, it still just isn't the same. I don't like what the methadone is doing or making me feel and suboxone is not suitable for me.

I didnt even know they made fentanyl nasal spray.My mom use to use those lolipop with fentanyl.I love the patches but I have to cut em into pieces,peel the backin off,place em wherever and tape em down with large medical tape and they would work awsome.Never got em too work by placeing them on as directed though.Enjoyed chewin part of them too.Did your dr test your levels to find out you were taking more than prescribed?You can try askin about giving you the patch.Sometimes a dr will forgive andforget,but others are not so foregiving.Definately be careful with fentanyl and methadone combo,but I know youre aware of that already

I have recently been converted to methadone tabs 60mg three times per day from fentanyl matrix patches 200mcg per hour. Imo methadone is a far better painkiller.......oh and btw the matrix patches are far, far from being "abuse proof" and due to the sometimes erratic nature.of the transdermal delivery route not all that effective in many patients

Last edited:
The OCs and fentanyl spray still work perfectly. Methadone doesn't block other opiates from working like suboxone.
It's actually benzos it ruins for me. They don't work so well...and then the next day I'm drowzy as hell and almost narcoleptic.

wow, consider yourself lucky then-Methadone's usually the opiate of choice when it comes to mixing narcotics and benzodiazepines. It's also probably the most dangerous one to mix with other depressants.

wow, consider yourself lucky then-Methadone's usually the opiate of choice when it comes to mixing narcotics and benzodiazepines. It's also probably the most dangerous one to mix with other depressants.

Why is that? I really don't see the abuse potential of methadone.

I actually don't think it's the benzo. It seems that methadone just makes me very drowsy. More in an inconvenient, ill-feeling way, though. Nothing like pleasurable way other opiates I have done (morphine, fentanyl, oxycodone...) made me sleepy.

I didnt even know they made fentanyl nasal spray.My mom use to use those lolipop with fentanyl.I love the patches but I have to cut em into pieces,peel the backin off,place em wherever and tape em down with large medical tape and they would work awsome.Never got em too work by placeing them on as directed though.Enjoyed chewin part of them too.Did your dr test your levels to find out you were taking more than prescribed?You can try askin about giving you the patch.Sometimes a dr will forgive andforget,but others are not so foregiving.Definately be careful with fentanyl and methadone combo,but I know youre aware of that already

The fentanyl spray works within minutes and I'm only taking one one dose spray at a time (leaving a least 5 minute increments. Doesn't sound like much, but the stuff works in 2 mins max.). Each dose is only 0.11mg.
My doctor is a nice guy and has forgiven and moved on once before when I made the same mistake with oramorph.
I'm hoping since he knows I'm going to this addiction treatment place every day right now, and I'm on a stable dose of methadone I promise him I'm not and won't abuse anything, and tell him how miserable I am on methadone, he'll have the sympathy to give me a chance with a fentanyl patch. Or anything other than methadone or suboxone.

Oxy8_8 you say your not an addict but also say you take 3 times more than prescribed, snort your pills sometimes and quote "love opiates". Hmmm.......who you trying to kid?......if that isnt addictive behaviour then what is?

Oxy8_8 you say your not an addict but also say you take 3 times more than prescribed, snort your pills sometimes and quote "love opiates". Hmmm.......who you trying to kid?......if that isnt addictive behaviour then what is?

Myself, sometimes. I think because I suffer severe agonizing chronic pain, I seriously need opiates. I agree with you that I am also addicted to them because of the reasons you gave. But the reason I started taking more than prescribed was because I was still in agony, couldn't eat or sleep for the pain and my doctor refused time and again to up my dosage. So I upped it myself. I do love the feeling of opiates and so sometimes snort my pills.
I just mean that I'm in a program for people who are alcoholics and heroin addicts. I've never touched an illegal substance in my life. I was an alcoholic, but I'm 8 months sober. I mean I'm not an addict in the sense the rest of the patients there are.
Sorry if I came off an in denial or a liar.

I couldn't live without prescription medication (I take Xanax (but su benxo would be ok), usually OxyContin but have been on codeine, fentanyl and morphine, too)

Basically I take a combination of anti-depressants, mood stabilizers, pain killers, anxiety medication and anti-histamines. I couldn't live without any of them.
Including things like my Sertraline (Zoloft) which has no abuse potential.

I have suffered Severe Major Depressive Disorder (w/ Psychotic Features) and Crippling anxiety and panic attacks (I have been hospitalized for my panic attacks). I suffered those from age 11 to age 19 with NO help. I have been to hell and more experienced more of those things than any kid should ever have to. Not to mention - I'm not going into details - several childhood traumas and cases of abuse. If anyone needs Anti-depressants, benzo's and mood stabilizers it's me.

8 months ago I developed acute pancreatitis. It is classed as being more painful than childbirth. I spent 10 weeks in Intensive Care and my parents told them to prepare themselves because I had a 20% chance of survival. Luckily they stopped my organs shutting down and saved my life, but I am stuck for the rest of my like with the agonizing pain of acute pancreatitis. Naturally I was but on morphine, and then OxyContin and oxycodone. 3 months later I was diagnosed with progressive rheumatoid arthritis. I now have 2 of the most painful conditions any person can suffer. So I need a high dose of potent pain killers.

I may abuse my opiates sometimes, but compared to what I've been through, I NEED all these meds.

By the way, we live in the same city :) haha. Nice to meet you mate.

Please dont take any offence cos non was meant. It just seemed odd when u said in oLGne post that ur not an addict and dont like bing treated like one which contrasted sharply to some of the other things you said. The reason your story struck a cord is cos it sounded a lot like mine. Im also as chronic pain sufferer who struggles to not take more than prescribed... Partly through the pain and partly cos I like them. I used to say for years that im not addicted and I need them for my pain .....which I did..... but I kidded myself for the longest time.......ive been on every opiate aavailable from uk doctors for the last 17 years for a severe joint condition and have a lot of experoence with methadone tablets and the lintus in particular having taken them on and off for over 10 years at high dosages........ive sent u a pm...if I can be of any help to you whatsoever please get in touch mate....again I hope I didnt offend you

Last edited:
Ive sent u a pm oxy8_8.......your story is so similar to mine its spooky...and ur a Geordie!!! Id love to discuss it more with u...ive included my email address in the pm. Take care mate.

Non take mate. It's just that I have a prescription for everything I take and I seriously do suffer from both very severe chronic pain and crippling anxiety/panic. So When I take a high dose of them (Say, OxyContin and Xanax) I'm PRESCRIBED TO if my symptoms are especially bad. I just am technically an "addict" because I would see more than on Dr plus order my own pills. Mostly because my main so so severe, but I admit part of me does enjoy the "high" hat comes with opiates.
Benzo's I need a dose of Xanax 4 times a day, but I have NEVER taken more then my prescribed 2-4mg/day as needed (I was told to always take a 0.5mg xanax four times a day but if I was panicing or felt exceptionally nervous or agitiated I could have a 1mg tablet).

I'll check my inbox...does sound like we have a lot in commo, man,

Does methadone totally kill anyone else's appetite?
I've been on it for about 9 days now and I haven't eaten anything the entire time. Apart from the odd biscuit if my blood sugar is low.
I've been relying almost entirely on Ensure Plus milkshakes.

It often gets to evening time before I even realize I haven't eaten. Even when I do try (a small bowl of porridge, a yogurt) to eat, it's kinda forced.

The ensure drinks are high-calorie and EXTREMELY high in all nutrients (you can actually live solely on ensure and never lose weight or get malnourished) so I'm not losing weight too drastically.

Does methadone always do this? Does it go away?

It all started on the day started on methadone and other then switching from oxy to methadone (which I am devastated about...damn I lovd them OC's) there were no other changes in my pattern of lifestyle or anything.

Last edited:
^yea 100% wreaks havoc with my stomach/GI system. either no appetite, or am hungry, try and eat and feel nauseated. i chew crystalized ginger, helps with it.

- OXY8__8

I get that sleepiness from 'done too and believe its pretty common. You uncontrollably nod out/fall asleep, but not in a euphoric sense, just in a really groggy way like ur narcoleptic and it sucks.

I take my dose at noon everyday and find the grogginess is at its strongest in the hours prior to my dose and then again 3-4 hours after my dose. I believe the groginess prior to dosing is due to me going into the very first stages of withdrawl. I'd always feel tired/sleepy when starting to go into w/d and thing that's happening at the 20+ hour mark since my last dose.

The second period of grogginess is just the 'done plain and simple. After the initial high wears off (and its not a real high, just the feeling of going from below baseline to baseline that gives me an energy boost) then I start feeling groggy.

Unfortunately when I've tried lowering my dose to alleviate my post-dose groginess, my morning groginess gets worse!

I've tried everything to combat this from OTC diet pills and energy drinks to cocaine. I have found one otc pill that actually keeps my eyes open as well as coke, and that is a pill called "Fastin". Its an otc diet pill with Phenylethylamine, synephrine, methylsynephrine, and caffeine and yohimbe. I think its the phenylethylamine and the synephrine(s) that's effective b/c caffeine and yohimbe have done nothing to me from other pills.

Best of luck to you, and hope it all gets worked out

Yeah, that's called you almost overdosed.

Does methadone totally kill anyone else's appetite?
I've been on it for about 9 days now and I haven't eaten anything the entire time. Apart from the odd biscuit if my blood sugar is low.
I've been relying almost entirely on Ensure Plus milkshakes.

It often gets to evening time before I even realize I haven't eaten. Even when I do try (a small bowl of porridge, a yogurt) to eat, it's kinda forced.

The ensure drinks are high-calorie and EXTREMELY high in all nutrients (you can actually live solely on ensure and never lose weight or get malnourished) so I'm not losing weight too drastically.

Does methadone always do this? Does it go away?

It all started on the day started on methadone and other then switching from oxy to methadone (which I am devastated about...damn I lovd them OC's) there were no other changes in my pattern of lifestyle or anything.

Oh yeah. It kills my appetite. When it comes to Methadone, you have people that get the munchies from it and crave junkfood, and then there are guys like you, me, and medicine cabinet who's appetite is fucked up. Been on it now for almost 5 years, 100mg a day. The only thing that normalized my appetite was high dosages of steroids that raise RBC count.

Does methadone lower testosterone levels? I have lower libido, lower appetite, etc... been on 110mg since Melange passed....(25-10-2011)

The appetite question made me think of testosterone.

Last edited:
Yes it does lower testosterone and libido and can cause erection problems....im on 180mg for pain and take testosterone injections to counter this........on the plus side it makes me last a long time in bed lol!

I tried meth for the first time I was very stupid and I was just curious on how long it's going to last I'm 27 I'm very healthy and I smoke weed. I try to only this one time because this girl was amazingly hot lol