• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Methadone Mega Thread and FAQ v 2.0

No problem...I'm just very anxious now to be getting something this unknown about, and it's weird, the bottle says 4 METHADOL - METHADONE 10MG/ML (40MG DOSE MIXED WITH JUICE) DRINK ONCE A DAY....I wanted to go on suboxone first but I was turned off by the fact it wasn't free but next week when I meet the doc i'm asking to be switched to it, even if it means I have to pay 70 dollars a week unlike zero dollars for the "methadone". I find that they want to bring me to 60mg a day scary and I'd rather have something that is very well known unlike something that isn't. They're gonna have a hard time convincing me this is actually methadone I'm having...

And btw, BananasAndOranges, the doc actually asked me if i wanted to come back in 2 weeks instead of 1...so i'm not that really shackled by them. And canadians have the advantage of just going to a pharmacy for this Methadol....so americans are being given Methadol also? I have a feeling I have opened a big can of worms here that most junkies aren't smart enough to have uncovered...

No I had never heard of Methadol. I just dont understand private U.S. Methadone Clinics and how they can get away with very obvious lies and money hungry fingers. I think its time for me to start calling other clinics. Nothing is more annoying than people who cut, watching girls get takehomes for being girls. Hearing he same shit from now its been 4 different counsolers. I think they are all fucking stupid. Today I got told I dont want to be on medicine all my life and that my counsoler could apparently see right through me. I told him get a clue and a big fat fuck no Im not detoxing off medication I heavily benefit from and that I was told was Totalllyyy OK when I started. Then a few weeks ago I was asked about ky dose being to low! I am on 90+mgs of mdone been stable for a year and they cant give anyone a break unless they have a vagina or their black like the clinic owner. I find it so annoying. Whats more annoying than anything is the fucking non stop drug talk. Its retarded. I dont give a fuck about anyones outside activities. I just dont get why some people are just assholes 24/7. Its like some people feed off watching other misfortunes which is real fucking Wack

I agree, within the last week I've been more than upset with my methadone program.. I'm a New Yorker, and as many of you know, we (along with New Jersey and a handful of other states) just suffered a serious blow by that bitch of a hurricane Sandy. I live in Brooklyn and my clinic is in manhattan (about a 45 minute train ride FYI). I chose this clinic due to the fact that I ave had past experiences there along with the outpatient program that they run as well. Basically, for a methadone clinic, it's as good as its going to get..or so I thought.

This last Sunday, on the eve before the hurricane hit, I became very nervous. I heard from someone from another clinic (which is in Brooklyn), that they had called there patients in and were giving out three extra bottles. The train station as well as the buses (my only means of getting into the city) were shut down that night at seven o'clock which had me becoming very worried. I continually called up the clinic and the hospital that it is attached to, and couldn't find any information regarding what I was supposed to do. Finally, around midnight, someone from the hospital tells me that the clinic will be closed and when I asked what I was supposed to do, she replied "I don't know."

The next morning I called again. Turns out the clinic is open, and was giving out one take home bottle. As I had no way of making it into the city, I was able to get guest dosed at the MMP by my house (where I used to by heroin and pills :\) and I was also given one take home bottle. So fast forward two days, I still have to go to this clinic where I wait online with all my old drug dealers to get dosed, and I'm just not happy with how this situation was handled. I feel like the new clinic director is way to prissy about giving out bottles..I mean, this is a natural fucking disaster, you would think it would be easier to risk some methadone being diverted (which happens all the time anyway) and to just give out five or six take homes. Especially to clients like myself who are on low doses (50mg) and couldn't make a dime off the shit anyway, let alone go a day without it.

Methadone can be a wonderful form of treatment. In some ways I think it's much more effective than buprenorphine, which I abused the hell out of. But sometimes I really do feel as though I'm chained down by the stuff and want to get off. I'm moving out of my parents place and into a studio appartment with my girlfriend this weekend and Im thinking about trying to kick. I figure if I buy 150mg of methadone I can taper my meth dose down to 30mg within a week, and then use heroin for a week (I use dope on top of my methadone like a jerk anyway-I actually don't want to but I made the mistake of using too much too often, that's a whole other story though) and then switch back to suboxone and taper off of it using to 8mg strips. When I make the final jump I might use some Kratom or loperamide..I don't know Im just so tired of being dependant. I realize my plan seems a bit unrealistic but Id like to give it a try. I remember how proud I was the last time I kicked methadone...well worth the pain in the end.

The switch from 30 to 40mg of this "Methadol" which I'm not sure is methadone has proven to change A LOT of things. For example, taking 50mg hydroxyzine in the morning has proven to be an error, I felt really out of it 3 hours after drinking my dose and I will not play the potentiator game anymore. Drank my dose at 8:30am and I am still feeling it with pinhead pupils...I'm still considering to print the wikipedia page about Methadol and bring that to the doc next week, seriously I don't want to take the active metabolite of LAAM, which had proven to be cardiotoxic...and will consider suboxone very much.

Znegative, I am so sorry you have to live in New York during this catastrophe and the doctors playing games with you with the no take homes. I can only start getting take homes after 3 months of clean piss, which I wonder if weed or alcohol will give me problems about. They took my urine wednesday morning and I had 2 473ml cans of 5,5% beer the night before cos I want to space out my valium intake as much as possible. I only have 4 5mg left...I am really not following their tapering regimen as I am incapable of it and my psy doc has called them irresponsible for playing with my benzos which I take since 2007.

Still...it could be worse. Much good vibes to you guys.

Thanks Oblivion,
That is fucked up that they are forcing a taper on you. Strangely my clinic did not do that, but my prescribing psychiatrist (I get clonazepam) did, immediately upon my induction to methadone. She wanted to taper me down from one mg (when I had told her that I had actually been taking an average of 2mg/day) to nothing in four weeks. It was rediculous. My clinic will not give any take homes besides a weekend bottle to anyone on benzodiazepines regardless of whether they are prescribed. At the moment, THC does not count (though it will within the next few months, but Alchohol definitely does.

I just read the bottle again, yesterday sure was a stressful day. It is not Methadol but Metadol, which is the brand name for 1, 5 and 10mg, 25mg (first time I hear those exist) Methadone pills here and also drinkable solutions etc. Phew.

First google hit was a pdf monograph of Metadol, which has shown me I had nothing to worry about.

Oh and, yeah, I should mention this is the first day since july where I wake up not in withdrawal wanting to jump on my syringes and dilaudid or methadone bottle. 40mg seems to hold me, if i can stay this low, I sure will.

I think the fact I was only abusing Dilaudid IV which lasts such a very short time and is all rush is one reason i'm not having as much problems as people who were abusing their oxycodone...

Last edited:
That sucks Zneg. On sunday my clinic gave me 2 take homes and then on Wednesday, they gave me 1 take home. I am really happy with my clinic. I also live in Brooklyn but I go to long island for my 'done.

I am very lucky my clinic didn't lose power. There was a really long line today at 7 because of guest clients coming in from other clinics. Which sucked cuz I had to wait about 20 mins in a hot sweaty room on line with a bunch of people who seem to neglect the need for showers.... Lol

Well the main reason why I started using opiates is coming back and not being masked by methadone even at 40mg a day. Extreme ocular migraines. But 3 mere plain Fiorinals (not with codeine obviously) did the trick. I'm not too afraid of barbs over methadone, at least not a mere 150mg of butalbital. I feel terribly better now and thats after taking 7 500mg tylenol spread over 15 hours, it wouldnt just go away so I indulged, and since it is a prescription I dont have to worry about it showing up "badly." Although, do they even test for barbs, them being so seldom used these days.

What could explain this bullshit of 40mg of methadone holding all cravings and almost all opiate w/d symptoms and not killing my headaches ? I think it's not killing enough of the anxiety part so I will let them put me to 50mg eventually but not any higher, I want to get off it someday, that is for sure and receive whatever kind of treatment my neurologist will offer. Butorphanol nasal spray sounds like what I would need, but I heard it makes pain WORSE in men ? Like wtf ? I know I read that somewhere.

Well enough barb induced ramblings, have a good night.

Opioids are not very good for migraines or headaches. They can actually make them worse. They really shouldn't be taken with relieving a headache in mind. I personally take tylenol for my migraines because it works really well (I know not everyone is as lucky to have OTC drugs work), so if I get a headache while on opioids or before I take opioids, I consume some tylenol. My mom suffers with server migraines and can't find any medications really that work to relieve them, which may be similar to you. You just gotta hope you can find something that works. Its not methadones fault, its just a sad fact about headaches. Also, don't expect methadone to be a cure all. You seem to be expecting methadone to be a cure all, when it isn't nesscarily supposed to work for certain types of pains, isn't supposed to relieve anxiety like say a benzo, etc.

My doctor up my dose 30mgs and now I am up to 150mgs per 24 hours, After 2 more UA's I will get my 1st (2) take homes. .. I told him that I wanted to be up to 180mgs by that time. So i can divide them up to 3x 60mgs split doses. :)

I really have a high tolerance to mdone, It has given my life back to me, I have recently acquired a job and hired that day because of my motivation and positive thought process.

some people really talk down about methadone and I do get it but at this time, its have given all my chances that I had blew because of Heroin consumption.

thanks guys for being here and letting me speak my mind.

Okay what the fuck is going on here...I'm usually not allowed to leave with the bottle but today I did as no one accompanied me in the little office where i usually drink my methadone. So I put it in my jacket's pocket and nod to the little bitch who felt it was disgusting to be in the same office as some junkie to say I had taken my dose and was leaving the pharmacy.

I get home and notice the bottle says 4 METHADOL...what, i know it means 40mg of...well methadol, which I googled...

Dimepheptanol (INN; Amidol, Pangerin), also known as methadol or racemethadol, is a synthetic opioid analgesic related to methadone. It has similar effects to other opioids, including analgesia, sedation and euphoria, as well as side effects like itching, nausea and respiratory depression.

From wikipedia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimepheptanol

Am I given something else than methadone and being told it's methadone ? I could really imagine the establishment here in Quebec to do that...what's up with that ? Anybody from MTL who is on methadone would be really helpful, i'm not from mtl but I imagine naming our largest city would reach more people. Also anybody who might know what the hell is up.
racemic levo. you take it daily? in germany they take amidon which is just racemic levomethadone, seems close to amidol, maybe they gave you orlaam.

My doctor up my dose 30mgs and now I am up to 150mgs per 24 hours, After 2 more UA's I will get my 1st (2) take homes. .. I told him that I wanted to be up to 180mgs by that time. So i can divide them up to 3x 60mgs split doses. :)

I really have a high tolerance to mdone, It has given my life back to me, I have recently acquired a job and hired that day because of my motivation and positive thought process.

some people really talk down about methadone and I do get it but at this time, its have given all my chances that I had blew because of Heroin consumption.

thanks guys for being here and letting me speak my mind.

i have a high tolerance to methadone too, its nice you are able to split your dose up,i am at 120 right now but proly gonna go up again cuz i get sick in the morning. when i take my dose at 4am i feel pretty crappy. i was on 150 for 7yrs and had to abruptly stop(incarcerated)and a high dose scares me. in order to get split doses at my clinic(u can do it yourself but i need all 120 in the morning) they make you get blood drawn and they do a trough level in order to check your metabolization of the methadone.

@Cloudy Oh the fucking retard called Dr who cut my benzo usage to a rapid taper said methadone would take care of anxiety like magic... i'm not expecting anything they say is right.

Also, IV Dilaudid sure made me never have these migraines. Or, not notice them ever.

Also turns out i'm fucking unkillable if we believe these overblown warnings and Drs who mess with previously just fine psychiatric medication of 10mg with valium with done will kill you. WELL NO, next week i'm going to tell em I want to be tapered down off done already. I've only been barely more than 2 week on this shit and i'm going to blow my brains out from benzo withdrawals, which make opiate withdrawal a joke.

Here I am, perfectly awake after 50 hours of no sleep (only 7.5mg of dexedrine yesterday too, nothing to do with it), i'm going to have them taper me right away by 5mg a week just so they understand i'd rather suffer a week of w/d from dilaudid and take it like a man like i did so often before and just go back to my valium regular doing of 20-30mg a day, because no, I cannot get off that, and forcing somebody to go so quickly out of benzos since of a 5 year regular usage is barbaric, nevermind their weak ass shit methadone.

I won't be part of your club for long, I got the balls to get off opiates, did have horrible withdrawal from eating OXY IR 20mg X 8-9 a day for 3-4 weeks which were much worse than the dilaudid w/d i went to. I just wanted to stop IV'ing,well, congratulation I stopped, and the track marks on my hands are slowing fading with this cream i was prescribed.

No seriously fuck this, I had a brand new script of Fiorinal yesterday, I already only have 2 left, because I just cannot endure this anymore, i tried to stretch those 3 5mg valiums i had left but no fucking way, wont happen. Had 2 of them, plus 4 fioris for my migraine yesterday and today 6 more to have something replace valium, but no, i ate all the 15mg i had left now and am drinking a 710ml bottle of Heineken ? My vitals ? Other than the obvious TACHYCARDIA and 99% blood oxygen saturation, I think I am fine. Fuck You, anyone who believes a hardened benzo user can be treated like this and z0mg dont take benzos with done you will die.

Everyone saying this to a hardened almost a decade now with every increasing usage but stabilized since 2 years at a level I was fine with benzo user...everyone saying that deserve a kick in the teeth, with them doc martins.

e:If this all seems very hard to read, yeah I re-read myself and I only am having a scatterbrain due to the obvious lack of sleep and extreme anxiety, which is less bad since my last dose of fiorinal and this mere 710ml heineken. I know what i'm talkiing about, i went through benzo w/d before due to a my super dumbass lazy psy doc who had a script demand from the pharmacy in his office for 3 weeks before giving the okay to renew and that happens every 6 months. It's sooo much worse, and there ain't no such thing as a "methadone for benzos", you know?

Last edited:
Also turns out i'm fucking unkillable if we believe these overblown warnings and Drs who mess with previously just fine psychiatric medication of 10mg with valium with done will kill you. WELL NO, next week i'm going to tell em I want to be tapered down off done already. I've only been barely more than 2 week on this shit and i'm going to blow my brains out from benzo withdrawals, which make opiate withdrawal a joke.

Here I am, perfectly awake after 50 hours of no sleep (only 7.5mg of dexedrine yesterday too, nothing to do with it), i'm going to have them taper me right away by 5mg a week just so they understand i'd rather suffer a week of w/d from dilaudid and take it like a man like i did so often before and just go back to my valium regular doing of 20-30mg a day, because no, I cannot get off that, and forcing somebody to go so quickly out of benzos since of a 5 year regular usage is barbaric, nevermind their weak ass shit methadone.

I won't be part of your club for long, I got the balls to get off opiates, did have horrible withdrawal from eating OXY IR 20mg X 8-9 a day for 3-4 weeks which were much worse than the dilaudid w/d i went to. I just wanted to stop IV'ing,well, congratulation I stopped, and the track marks on my hands are slowing fading with this cream i was prescribed.

No seriously fuck this, I had a brand new script of Fiorinal yesterday, I already only have 2 left, because I just cannot endure this anymore, i tried to stretch those 3 5mg valiums i had left but no fucking way, wont happen. Had 2 of them, plus 4 fioris for my migraine yesterday and today 6 more to have something replace valium, but no, i ate all the 15mg i had left now and am drinking a 710ml bottle of Heineken ? My vitals ? Other than the obvious TACHYCARDIA and 99% blood oxygen saturation, I think I am fine. Fuck You, anyone who believes a hardened benzo user can be treated like this and z0mg dont take benzos with done you will die.

Everyone saying this to a hardened almost a decade now with every increasing usage but stabilized since 2 years at a level I was fine with benzo user...everyone saying that deserve a kick in the teeth, with them doc martins.

e:If this all seems very hard to read, yeah I re-read myself and I only am having a scatterbrain due to the obvious lack of sleep and extreme anxiety, which is less bad since my last dose of fiorinal and this mere 710ml heineken. I know what i'm talkiing about, i went through benzo w/d before due to a my super dumbass lazy psy doc who had a script demand from the pharmacy in his office for 3 weeks before giving the okay to renew and that happens every 6 months. It's sooo much worse, and there ain't no such thing as a "methadone for benzos", you know?
i do understand and anybody who has hd a real benzo habbit with their opiates also knows. when i was incarcerated for a year withdrawing from from 150mgs of methadone and 2mgs 2xday of clonazepam though i didnt sleep for two months or more from the methadone w/d, they had to put me back on my klonopin due to siezures and suicidal behavior and to be honest i think if they hadnt put me back on it i would be dead right now.

? 4 anyone...currently am detoxing from a 160mg/day...im at 35. Obv its not holding me. I cant sleep well,but after i take my dose I obviously can & do. Should I force myself to stay up after dosing or get the sleep when I can?? Would I sleep better at night or would it not matter since its not holding me anyways??
Thanks
Jen<3

how long were you on 160? and why are you on 35 now all of a sudden??

I was on 160 for like 6 months/split dose 80am/80pm...i started detoxing in april thats why im at 35

Hi guys, well turns out, everything is okay. I saw my GP 2 days ago and he understood my situation and scripted me 2 x 1mg xanax a day....i feel like a milliong bucks. He said xanax 2mg didnt exist though which made me laugh a bit and told him they sure do exist, but they werent in his little script printing machine. Whatever, as long as i got benzos i am fine, could have been Tranxene for all I care.

But the biggest surprise is i show up at the pharmacy and pdoc had finally sent in a fax to renew my valium 10mg x 2 a day script...motherfucker. Told the pharmacist I will the xanax for now and speak with my pdoc until then.

Saw the clinic's doc yesterday, and she wasn,t too happy about me being back on a normal benzo regimen for me, I guess she never heard of tolerance cos I take benzos regularly since 2007. She goes like since you are on benzos you will be only on a 3 month detox program. I'm like fine! I'm almost stabilised at 40mg a day and i dont wish to take more than 60mg at most. And that seemed to surprise her. Well, I don't want to be one of those people like the above poster or that guy i saw at the clinic who had to fuckin 190mg a day and 20mg before sleep, the hell is that, i'm never going there.

Today i'm at 45mg and i dont see much difference from 40, unlike when i went from 30 to 40, but i dont care. I dont use this to get high, all I wanted was to stop IV'ing dilaudid and so far it is a success.

Oh and also to that guy who said opiates don't work well for headaches/migraines, but sorry, fiorinal has codeine and its for that, and really bad migraines are treated with IV Dilaudid or IV Demerol frequently here at the ER, hence why IV Dilaudid was so amazing to me, in part.

Last edited:
Welp, guess I won't need much more than 45mg. The raise from 30 to 40 was VERY relieving and opiate w/d symptoms are now a thing of the past, almost, I still sweat excessively from the most minor physical exercise, but it's taking longer now, and with my benzos back, everything is fine, except, since I went to 45mg, I feel really fucking tired all day.

Could it be because I was using a really short acting opiate (dilaudid, IV), I won't need scary doses I saw some people were on, like i mentioned in my previous post, that particular person was an oxycontin abuser, never using pills lower than then new 50mg introduced just right before the end of the regular oxycontin's life ( I wonder why they bothered introducing all these new dosages like 6 months before it went away, i'm talking about 5mg, 15, 30, 50, 70mg oxycontins). I know I could have lived through the dilaudid w/d since it is very short, BUT WAY MORE FUCKING INTENSE THAN OXY, and i have had really bad w/d from OXY IR before, but i went throught it. I just couldnt imagine going through the dilaudid w/d again, not only cos of its intensity, but also because I have actually found work 3 weeks ago, i'm not procrastinating, i was ready to take any job which isnt paid at minimum wage, even if I have 2 uni degrees (computer networking, chemistry). I'm pretty proud of the rapid progress i'm going through and how I think I will be able to be on methadone only for half a year tops, probably going up to 60mg MAX and then slowly reducing it for the other half of the year. Even by 1mg increments if possible, not possible with the juice, but I will tell the doc i know about Metadol pills, which she says are only for pain, well fuck you i know it isn't true, we have Metadol 1mg,5mg,10mg, 25mg. So they will be able to use those 1mg pills, depends on the doc i talk to though, there are 3 at the clinic.

A bitch, a fucking idiot (the guy messing with all my meds) and a very nice lady. Hopefully I will meet the very nice lady when I bring this up.

This is a lot longer than I originally wanted to post but i'm drinking a pot of coffee cos, i gotta pick up my done in a hour along with Fiorinal, have a nap, then go to work at 11 am. Later, pals.