• CD Moderators: Thomas Davie | Darksidesam | Madness
  • Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

uses of marijuana stems

Smoking some stems now and i have to say i got a buzz so there is your answer SMOKE THEM FUCKERS

Smoking some stems now and i have to say i got a buzz so there is your answer SMOKE THEM FUCKERS

HELL NO FUCK THAT

lol I am the most anti-stem smoking mother fucker you will ever meet. Ive smoked nasty ass resin from cans, Ive done diphenhydramine, Ive done a LOT of desperate shit to get high (including selling most of my Xbox games)

I never smoke stems. It goes against my religion (or something)

why do you want to smoke WOOD? Fucking nasty lol.. even if a tiny ass stem makes its way into my bowl and I smoke it I usually get a pretty bad headache.

Thats why I always pick out 100% of every stem in my nugs lol, I save them up too. Ive got way over a half OZ so far, cant wait till I can make hash oil!

folley, youre funny. stems dont pack any punch, might as well have a beer. ha, soak you stems in some vodka and drink it. also, stems are good for poking people from a distance, so you have time to run away afterwards

I saved stems for like a year and then did a butane extraction on them to yield BHO. It wasn't a large yield in contrast the the volume of plant material but it was a top quality smoke and I got a bit back, would of got more back if my scatterred, stoned, dumb arse didn't evaporate it on a plastic container that I couldn't scrape like a third of my product off. I did use a lot of stems as I was smoking an ounce of good weed every 7-10 days for the most part of that year, plus a friend or two contributed a few stems too.

I have never done anything else to my stem collection but I really find it hard to imagine there is a better use for them, a butane hash oil extraction takes fuck all time and with a little bit of common sense it is really not dangerous at all, just dont evaporate over an open flame. Personally I had one large container filled with hot water which I placed the smaller container which held the butane/hash oil mixture in and occassionally topped up the larger container with hot water from the kettle. This method basically ensures you cannot light up your work space by exposing butane to a flame. A friend of mine burned up his kitchen trying to evaporate the same mixture on an open stove.

I guess you can use them for Edibles if you got like an ounce or so of them lol if you really wanna I would really just Vaporize or smoke them if possible sell them maybe lol er trade em to someone else for actual Buds yeah.

Im curious, is there anything in stems that could/can cause headaches?
Ive noticed that when I use my grinder to roll joints, I don't get so crazy with picking out every stem, and I noticed alot of the time it leads to headaches. Though not ALL the time, I was wondering if there is something in the stems, or other parts of the plant that could cause headaches.

I don't save my stems, I toss them, but I do save leaves/shake/vaped bus. I usually end up making butter, guess Ill start saving stems too, I just hate trying to grind them, lol.

This sure is an old thread.

Personally I make oil out of my stems+shake.

2 ways. You can soak them in iso for 24 hours and cook off the iso. Dark dark green oil, that tastes great and gets you MAD ripped.

Or you can grind it all up into a nice fine powder, throw it into a honeybee extractor, push some butane through that and you've got some nice honey oil.

The iso soak method seem to produce a significantly more potent product.

I was given 2 pounds of stems and leaves.
I gave the huge bag to a (semi-)friend, who made fairly high-quality hashish for me, and kept half. At least, that is what he told me. I agreed.
He gave me 14 grams of hash.
I was very, very happy to trade stems and leaves for 14 grams of beautiful hash.

But if you kept the stems, you could have made the hash yourself and had an Oz.

When I'm out of bud and start feenin (usually when I can't sleep), I "vape" the stems. I don't burn them all the way cause the stem part is pointless. I just singe off the THC. Works best with stems from kush, since they garner the most THC.

2 ways. You can soak them in iso for 24 hours and cook off the iso. Dark dark green oil, that tastes great and gets you MAD ripped.

Are you sure about 24 hours in iso? Maybe i'm too high right now, but I remember seeing that 30 secs only is necessary in iso, more than that will extract chlorophyll (hence the dark green). You might want to verify that info!

^ A friend recently made the mistake of an overnight soak and resulted in a black goo that was very harsh to smoke, although still quite potent. He informed me that a more experienced friend had infact confirmed that 30-60 seconds is all you want to soak the shit in iso for because past that just extracts chlorophyll which affects potency and enjoyability (as well as presumably health) to smoke.

I save stems for about 8-12 months and performs a butance BHO extraction on them (technically only done once), I got a pretty shitty yield but there were many factors I overlooked in undertaking the process in the most efficient way. For example I didn't grind my stems, I used less butane than I would of liked (it wasn't a full can and I lost some to the atmosphere before I got a good seal happening on the vessel my green was in) and then stupidly evapporated it on a plastic container (stoned, drunk and sharded stupidity hey... 8)) so I really got a small amount. Not sure how much more I would of got if I had my shit down pat better because I can't imagine a monster yield from a couple ounces of stems.

I have always understood BHO to be superior to iso hash, and honestly when sampling a friends iso hash only a fortnight before making my own BHO I found the iso hash to be 2/3 the potency at best of my BHO/honey oil.

My stem collection is getting back up there, probably only 60-70% of what it was when I did my last extraction but I figure if I took better care to not make some past mistakes I could possibly get a better yield? The only concern is I don't want to do it too early and get fuck all.

Definately keen on opinions between the difference between iso and butane hash, in terms of potency, yield, harshness when smoking and difference in the high (if any). I had my heart set on another run of BHO but if I get some responses saying iso is better I might go that route. The final question I would have is does iso evaporate at a rate similar to butane, if not would you say its quicker or longer to evaporate the iso? I do live at home and have limited oppurtunity for these types of experiments so time is definately a factor for me too. I found 70% or so of the butane evapporated really quickly but the last but just took ages and honestly even when I smoked it I reckon there was still a little in there... My method for evaporating was filling a lerger container with boiling water and then placing my smaller vessel with the BHO/butance mix inside that, so as to avoid any open flame and potential fire hazards.

Depending on how much you have in stems and how much, if any, trichome coverage there is, I would either make oil or if I only had a little bit, add it to some high-end vodka for nice-flavored Potka. If we're talking big jars full of stems, though, I've frequently been able to extract extremely potent oil just from stems. Obviously you don't get a huge amount of smoke, but otherwise, they're pretty much rubbish. I do chew on the odd stem every now and then because I like the taste, but nowadays I collect all stems (and thoroughly, extensively trim buds in a draconian fashion, even if they've been trimmed decently already) and leaves for making batches of oil.

If you have a good amount - which you do, at least that is the impression I get from the OP - I'd make hash (oil). I don't know anything about this 'Potka' so I won't write anymore (than I have) regarding that. I DO know many people who use stems (+ other pieces of the plant trimmed off pre curing stage) to make hash (oil) with great success. There are plenty of guides on how to do this proplerly online, or in reference books.

Enjoy! -- don't smoke them.

I don't save stems myself because I think it's not worth it, but there are trichomes on the stem itself (I was just looking at some a second ago), so it's not a complete waste of time and I can see the attraction.

Here's an example:

NSFW:
gallery_44939_3146_140811.jpg

Btw here's a random point - did you know tomato plants have trichomes?

edit: and the tomato trichomes lol:

NSFW:
HoweFig3-2008.jpg

you don't need a large quantity of stems to make edibles. as the pics above show, you can clearly see the crusted-on trichomes on the stem. you can see 'em with the naked eye.

what i do is to boil it in milk.

i've never made this "bhang"/"tea" or whatever you'd call it with only stems (usually use leaf/tip/trim or vaped bud and add whatever stem i have to that mix) but it seems like a fair bit of stem will pack an extra punch.
yep, butane or iso hash is also a viable option, but if you don't have much to work with, boiling a bit of cannabis (ie the bits of the plant not worth smoking unless you have a shitload of bud) is a great way to use it. no need to make massive batches, you can dose quite effectively with a bit of practice.

It's probably an old myth, but I got told that the stems contain chemicals that can make you sterile. But same goes, they taste like shit when smoked, so therefore I would have thought they contain more carcinogens than flower and more tar. That's why I don't smoke them, but if there was a way to use them and actually get a high from it, I'd do it.