• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Does Mandy/Molly expire?

robotrock77

Greenlighter
I keep it stored in a little plastic pill-type box with a screw on lip, so i'm assuming it is airtight.

I'm talking about mandy/molly, so the crystal powder form.

Does the drug degrade/expire/go under any changes over time to its chemical activty? (kinetics)

MDMA and it's related MDxx's are all extremely stable and will out live us all. If you store your MDMA in a moderate temperature away from moisture and severe sunlight, your great great great grandchildren could roll balls off it.

It's the fact that i know that mdma is stable, and good for our lifetimes anyway, when stored in an airtight place with moderate temperature, and minimal moisture, that i can stay away from it.

You think right? if someone wanted to only roll once a year, a full gram could last someone 5 years Lol

I have had all kinds of forms of mdma and kept them in a bottle with silica gel packs and o2 packets in a dark, dry, cool, spot. That's one of the best thing's about mdma, it is stable. It will not go bad so you can stock up. Unlike LSD, had some go bad after a year and a half.

It should be completely fine for the time periods you're talking about, although I have to say you have much higher self control than I if it can actually sit around for that long.

Thanks guys!!

@Avicii: Last time i rolled from this same gram, it was a bad trip (although the first was amazing!).
So im a bit offput by doing it again for a while as i still have no idea why it was bad :( (same batch)

Forum members suggested that i didnt wait long enough between each roll. (I waited about 2 weeks).

it depends on the purity of your mdma. if there are impurities along with it and excess acid from when it was gassed or titrated then yes, it can decompose. the most common route of decomposition would be oxidation but the methylenedioxy ring is the most fragile part of the molecule.

if your mdma is very pure as in 99+% then it will probably last as long as you do as long as it's not stored in open air sitting in front of a sunlit-window absorbing UV rays constantly.

^ Lol no mdma is 99% Pure, on the street anyway

he asked a question and i accurately answered him, so let's not be a smartass. vacuum distilled freebase and recrystallized salt, if technique is good, will most certainly yield purity beyond at near 99.9% if you don't mind being wasteful of distillate fractions (forerun, etc). a friend's gc/ms results showed 99+% and the same method is followed everytime. this is something i have seen first-hand. i've seen non-recrystallized mdma that has been over-titrated and once before, over-gassed, go from off-white to brownish and a noticeably change in potency over the course of a year. on the other hand the 99+% pure mdma did not change one bit in appearance of potency over the course of almost 2 years. both were stored the same way, just encapsulated at room temperature in a rx pill bottle in a dark, non-humid place.

Last edited:
i thought maximum it was 85% then 15% inactives.

that may be a rough approximate of the average so-called "pure mdma" out there, i don't know what's floating around or what the norm is these days. all i'm saying is the purity depends upon purification method and lab technique. yes it's very doubtful to find anything of such high purity on the street because you're guaranteed to lose some of the goods along with the impurities so it would cost the producer money by purifying it. by vac distilling the freebase you're guaranteed to lose some good mdma freebase but that's the price you pay for purity. by recrystallizing you're guaranteed to lose some good mdma hcl along with the impurities due to slight water content in the recrystallization solvent or humid atmosphere so the solvent absorbs water from the air or perhaps mild solubility of mdma hcl in the recrystallization solvent itself. however if someone were to put quality over money/purity as shown in the pic above then 99+% is absolutely reachable. like i said, fractionally vac distill the freebase over a narrow temp range discarding anything that doesn't come over in that range including forerun. gas or titrate the freebase in solvent of choice, then recrystallize using recrystallization solvent of choice, the pic above was recrystallized from anhydrous IPA then flooded with anhydrous acetone and freeze precipitated then vac filtered... or so i was told...

assuming it's not cut by someone along the way, the most common impurities are residual crystallization solvent within the crystal lattice, reaction by-products depending upon the reactions performed and the purification processes utilized and perhaps a little bit of desiccant if they used a desiccant with their solvent to achieve an anhydrous solvent prior to gassing. another would be a little bit of water weight if it's a hydrate salt, ie: titration or crystallization in an aqueous solution. presence of precursors due to lack of proper purification/workup is also common. is it yellow and smell like flowers, then perhaps mdp2p is leftover. does it smell root beer-ish, then perhaps safrole/isosafrole is leftover. it all depends, but a proper workup will take care of all that.

but just to recap, purity and storage method have a lot to do with the shelf life of the product.

Last edited: